• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gym Leaders Hope, Speculation & Discussion

blue

gucci
    Years
    The Key System was great, I've never understood why they removed it from future games. It struck that perfect balance and catered to those who wanted that extra challenge.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I don't think gym leaders should get into IV/EV stuff. That stuff could be removed still in these games, although I doubt it, but they did said they were going back to the basics or something along the lines to return to their roots. I have never understood EV/IV and honestly I think it is just a waste of time. It would also make the online battle funner I think. I would be more inclined to participate.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    The IV and EV systems should not be removed from the games, but they should also not be required to beat the games either.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I don't think gym leaders should get into IV/EV stuff. That stuff could be removed still in these games, although I doubt it, but they did said they were going back to the basics or something along the lines to return to their roots. I have never understood EV/IV and honestly I think it is just a waste of time. It would also make the online battle funner I think. I would be more inclined to participate.

Irc Ev's have always existed, but functioned differently in the first two generations than the system that we've had since Gen III.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Themed Gyms or Dual-Typed Gyms should only happen after we get a Dark-Type Gym. I do not want our only Dark-Type Gym to be just one Dark-Type Pokémon and like 3 Psychic-Types because it was a "dual Psychic-and-Dark Gym" or a "mystical nighttime theme Gym" or something.

If we do not get a Dark-Type Gym I won't know how to respond I mean Fairy-Type got a Gym the generation it was introduced
    the Gym guy in Laverre Gym is all "Wow I bet you've never seen one of these before it's a Fairy type gym ha ha ha" like
    yeah you know what else I haven't seen before?? a dark type Gym that's what I've never seen before it's not like dark types were introduced in generation two and it's generation 6 and we still don't have one I mean​

Oops sorry I think the prospect of us not getting a Dark-Type Gym put me into some sort of trance for a second there.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I see the big island having three gym, and five of the other gyms being on the other islands. It'll be the inverse of Hoenn having five on the main island, and three in the smaller islands.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I think that is what the Battle Frontier would be. I would be a bit annoyed if they removed themes from gym leaders. It would also be really hard in the early game. If the have competitive pokemon, then they would give us competitive pokemon at the start. I was already a bit annoyed that we could get a Bagon before the 2nd gym. O'd rather not be able to get one on Route 1 or 2.

Years
    what about each gym leader has a competitive set? therefore it makes it harder

Like ORandAS said, if the Gyms went down this route the early Gyms would likely need a low tier team to avoid being too overpowered. I really can't see stuff like this happen outside of Gym Leader rematches, if they ever do happen considering I'm always speculating they get more unlikely with each new game.

Back