• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Gym Leaders of Johto!

Years
    Gym Leaders of Johto!

Like with every region, (except the new Alola), Johto has eight Gym Leaders each specializing in a specific type.

Which of the eight Gym Leaders in Johto is your favorite? What about least favorite?

My favorite is Clair, as I love her design and team of dragons. She also is memorable to me as being actually difficult!

My least favorite would be Whitney, for obvious reasons which I probably share with a lot of you. Milktank

Years
    My fave Johto Gym Leader is definitely Jasmine. She was the first major Steel-type user that debuted in the same generation as the type itself, and I always liked her shy personality since I relate to it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I'm going with Jasmine because of the intro of Steel types which are my second favorite type. :D

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    Morty is pretty cool since he's involved in exploring the legend of Ho-oh and the Beasts and since Ghost-types are some of my favorites.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2016
    Clair and Jasmine are my favorites, Whitney is the most frustrating, while i'd say Bugsy is probably my least favorite.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Falkner and Morty! Kawaii cool leaders, even though the flying gym was the weakest.

Tysoon

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    Morty because his attitude is realy realy cool and he is the most easiest gvm leader i ever face in G/S/C.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Honestly, Bugsy is always one of the Gym Leaders I mention when I talk about my overall favorites, just because he's so smol and cute yet really challenging to beat (at least, if you were cool and picked Chikorita). Falkner gets to share that spot with Bugsy, due to being the first Gym Leader I ever fought, and for having a really good design. Morty, Clair, and even Jasmine are up there, too, for having cool designs and being cool characters all-around.

My least favorite... is probably Chuck? Nah, he threw a rock in the air with his bare hands... Uh... I guess Whitney then. Not because of her Miltank or anything, but because she cries and doesn't give you the badge you earned right away. I mean yeah Clair doesn't give you your badge right away either but that's on purpose; Whitney just straight-up forgets.

I'm fairly indifferent to Pryce. I think his character and design is handled better in the remake.

Back