• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gym stalker guy?

Blazesaga

Even heroes can lie in shadows
    Years
    Pokemon Stalkers.

Has Anyone else other than me noticed that person at like every gym, who calls you "champ-to-be" or "champ-in-the-making" or something like that stalks you? I mean he's at every gym and town. Plus, it's the same guy! I know it is because who else would call you the "champ-in-making" or whatever it is.
    So you tell me, Stalker or Not stalker?

Last edited:
    Years
    Maybe each gym has a guy who works for the league and recites lines that are required by the pokemon world's laws. Oh gosh, i'll never feel the same way again after walking into a gym.

Blazesaga

Years
    oops! sorry didn't mean to scar anyone for life, lol. I just wanted to get this thing off my chest. It really creeped me out when i first started playing the pokemon games, i'm used to it now, but he still creeps me out a little.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    He is an interesting fellow, certainly, although I wouldn't say he's stalking you in particular - surely there are other trainers that also take on gyms (and in some games rivals do!). (And one in HGSS comments along the lines of 'you know I say this to every trainer, right?').

Pokemon is full of its stalkers though - look at champions (Cynthia, especially in Platinum and Steven), Kameron in HGSS as the photographer (he can be in adjacent routes reader to take your photo!) and maybe the biggest stalker of them all, Scott in Emerald who basically meets you in/near each town. Yeesh.
    Spoiler:

shininglatios217

Wayward Son
    Years
    Now that I about it, it's kinda scary, specially because he isn't the only stalker (like bobandbill already said, there's Steven, Cynthia, Scott, Cheren, Bel, etc.)

Either that or you read Yuoaman's Quartz LP too much Just kidding.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Lololololol! Using the word stalker makes it sound like a bad thing.

And yes, according to the game he does follow you around the gyms, because at each gym he seems to know about your progress very well.
    But what's bad about that? I don't see why you guys instantly use the term stalker, and how it's bad if someone follows you around without any harmful intentions. XD

As far as I know, Cynthia wasn't following you. She just happened to run into you, or was just following the event of the game, not you. Steven, Cheren, Belle, and all other friend characters happen to run into you. And even if they followed, it's nothing creepy as some paranoid people make it to be.
    Accept the paranoia, and then remove it. I mean, seriously, you're freaked out in the game world too? They're programmed to never mean anything bad, lol.

The word stalker is now really getting to my head in terms of annoyance. But yeah, Cameron really does feel like he's just behind you, even though it's just a game, lol.
    Besides, even if we were to think the Pokemon canon is real for a while, they are all people with no intentions to do anything bad that's currently freaking you people out.

Once again, lololololol!

Blazesaga

Years
    He is an interesting fellow, certainly, although I wouldn't say he's stalking you in particular - surely there are other trainers that also take on gyms (and in some games rivals do!). (And one in HGSS comments along the lines of 'you know I say this to every trainer, right?').

Pokemon is full of its stalkers though - look at champions (Cynthia, especially in Platinum and Steven), Kameron in HGSS as the photographer (he can be in adjacent routes reader to take your photo!) and maybe the biggest stalker of them all, Scott in Emerald who basically meets you in/near each town. Yeesh.
    I never realized how many random people who happen to be where you are (in feelings words) there are in the pokemon games. Now that thats off my chest i like to bring up another supposed stalker. Perhaps the professers (EDIT i realize the fact that a trainer who beats all 8 gym leaders would be pretty famous, but come on people, on some of the places such as platinum you need a pokemon that knows surf and waterfall to get to the elite 4! Where did oak and the other proffessers get the pokemon, aren't they supposed to be retired or something?!) are the stalkers seems how they know you're challenging the elite 4 (they always show up after you beat the champion!) and apparently they know how to access your PC because when you ask them to check your pokedex they don't even ask you to send it to them! They just magically know how many you caught or seen!

Last edited:

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    I do believe that Rowan and I think Oak are Ex-Champions (I think) So they would be able to fly there as would anyone who had been there before so thats not weird and the Gym helper guy I never considered a stalker just a helpful guy doing his job .
    also you all forgot the biggest stalker of all Juggler Irwin!!

Blazesaga

Years
    I do believe that Rowan and I think Oak are Ex-Champions (I think) So they would be able to fly there as would anyone who had been there before so thats not weird and the Gym helper guy I never considered a stalker just a helpful guy doing his job .
    also you all forgot the biggest stalker of all Juggler Irwin!!
    ah, dude! i remember that guy from HG. he'd call me every five Seconds and the only reason he wanted me in his contacts was to become my biggest fan.
    Also it is possible that oak and the other proff. were past champions, but what contradicts this is that oak never completed his dream of filling the pokedex, more than a few pokemon. and you'd think a champion would at least have 6 pokemon

next, the original stalker the gym stalker. while yes he did give you some good advice, it still seems wierd to me that he would go to each and every town just to tell you this. Couldn't he have just told you in that first town? Perhaps the only exception to this is in HG/SS. When at a certain gym (can't remember which) he tells you that he tells everyone this stuff.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Lol! No, Oak and Rowan has never been hinted to be past champions.
    Don't you think you guys are thinking about it too much logically? It's a Pokemon game - a game. It isn't supposed to make sense all the time.

The gym guy and Irwin are both your fans - there is a difference. Besides, Irwin normally says that he heard about you from somewhere, and rarely says he saw. But when he says that, it feels a little weird.

So, a game which isn't supposed to make sense in a few ways shouldn't really be put under real life logic, because obviously Oak or anyone else who gets to you doesn't have to cross the oceans and climb the mountains to do so. It's only a game element, and they seem like they were passing by, or they were waiting for you.
    And as for the league, if you really want to insert logic into it, you're pretty much fighting with the Champion, and that in the anime canon gets all over the news, because Champions are rarely challenged even in the anime.
    Besides, in the anime canon, it is shown that Oak gets there in the league as a spectator to watch Ash and the others. He just happened to be there.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I don't think the gym guy is a stalker at all. It may be possible that there's not one, but 8 of these guys, who know that you're taking the Pokemon League challenge. How they know is that they talk about it to each other through some means, like PCs.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Whether he's a stalker or if there are multiple "versions" of him, the gym dude still creeps me out. I'm playing the game as a 10-11 year old girl who's very well "developed," and I'm being cheered on by some overweight middle-aged dude. That just has "sketchy" written all over it.

Years
    I don't know the gym stalker guy always made me feel like I had my own personal cheering section. Sure it was only one guy, but hey it made me feel like someone in the pokeworld cares. Besides, maybe your mom put him up to following you, as LeSabre pointed out your only like 10 or 11 years old. Someone has to make you dont die in the wilds.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Gonna go with bobandbill here and say that there are WAY worse stalkers than the Gym Guy, Scott being the biggest stalker of them all imo. Saying your battles were hot...ooooy. :| He does say that, right? At least the gym stalker might be getting paid by gyms to encourage the trainers that enter the gym. Now, why it has to be the SAME guy, I'm not sure...octuplets, methinks?

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
    lol I never even realized he was the same person until I played Platinum and he basically admitted that he was. When I was younger, I just thought it was a different guy at every gym that was supposed to say the same thing to everyone who came in or whatever. These things tend to go right over my head. Apparently, for a decade. XD

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    He is a stalker caz who would ever want to do a job like that and not get paid.

Back