• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gym stalker guy?

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    People have gotten a dirty dosage of real life to such an extent that they can't imagine a person following you to have good intentions anymore.

Beebeeson

A wild Beebeeson appeared!
    Years
  • i read someone's theory that it was actually the player character's father in the first generation games...there was a huge story to go with it but i can't remember it off the top of my head. basically that he couldn't bring himself to tell his son who he was so he just tagged along to try and help him win the gym battles.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
  • In the game world, since there is only one of him, then who is there to cheer on any other kids after you who wanted to fight the Gym Leader? When you move on to Cerulean City, who will be there to call little Jacob a "champ-in-making" in the Pewter Gym? Nobody, because that dude left to follow you in Cerulean City. Unless they mass produce him...

Plus, when I fist saw him, he reminded me of Harry Potter
    Gym stalker guy?

Gym stalker guy?

Gym stalker guy?

Blazesaga

Even heroes can lie in shadows
    Years
  • Changed the thread name from Gym stalker guy to Pokemon stalkers, sense this seems to be where the thread is going.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    helooks exactlly like scott though, whic is really wierd

Years
  • Maybe each gym has a guy who works for the league and recites lines that are required by the pokemon world's laws. Oh gosh, i'll never feel the same way again after walking into a gym.

Actually i just found a point that may prove my theory right, in the Eterna city gym the guy says
    "Hey There! Hows it going Champ-to-be? Actually, that's what i said to some bow who zipped in here earlier,too!"

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • Actually i just found a point that may prove my theory right, in the Eterna city gym the guy says
    "Hey There! Hows it going Champ-to-be? Actually, that's what i said to some bow who zipped in here earlier,too!"

Wow, that's weird. I don't feel special anymore
    Also, are there different guys in each gym or is it the same guy each time?

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • People today

Some actually like being told what they thought only they knew. Scott was the biggest one, creeping me out at his choice of words. I was scared when my sister said he might have 8 brothers/cousins like Nurse joy or Officer Jenny might have...

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2014
    I remember back when I was first playing Red Version in the 90's I didn't have any idea as to why that guy kept appearing in the gyms, I thought it was cool thought because he was giving me advice on how to win ^_^ I wouldn't say he's a "stalker", more like "friendly creeper", lol. In SoulSilver(Idk about HeartGold)the Gym informant guy for the Cianwood Gym is in the town's Pokemon Center! He tells you how to get to Chuck as if you're inside the Gym. Weird how he's misplaced like that?

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • He's usually in the gyms just to help you beat the gym leaders... But it is freaky. Dx You go in a random gym building, and he's there. XD

Except in some gyms he isn't there... Like I think Chuck's gym in Cianwood City in HG/SS. I don't remember why, but he wasn't there. :X

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2014
    Except in some gyms he isn't there... Like I think Chuck's gym in Cianwood City in HG/SS. I don't remember why, but he wasn't there. :X

I said why he wasn't there, lol. For whatever reason in HS/SS he's in the Cianwood Pokemon Center.

Dooonerz

@JackDonnellyy
    Years
  • Maybe he is like some cheerleader guy but a possible rapist that follows you around to help you win. I mean, Gary Oak had cheerleaders following him around in the anime, so why not yourselves in the game? x)

Haberdasher

suffers from nostalgia
    Years
  • I said why he wasn't there, lol. For whatever reason in HS/SS he's in the Cianwood Pokemon Center.
    If I remember correctly, his dialogue actually gives a bit of an excuse for why he isn't in the gym proper there- something about him being scared of all the buff fighters or something. XD
    Also, Celadon City is another one where he isn't in the gym. Instead, the guy's busy playing the slots in the Game Corner.

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2014
    Also, Celadon City is another one where he isn't in the gym. Instead, the guy's busy playing the slots in the Game Corner.

Really? I got so used to seeing those guys in the gyms I never noticed when they weren't around. The only reason I knew the guy from Cianwood was in the PKMN Center was because I read it online. Lol. He's really playing slots though?

Back