• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

<<Hack of the Week>> - Have you voted this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    POKeMON Tree of Peace
    is because I like the story and as well as the tiles and the palletes. ;)

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • I'm not voting (there are too many not-so-good hacks on the list and the two best I'm at a loss for) but...Zel, are you still in if you get moved from the Scrapbox when you are eligible? Or are you then not eligible?

X-aveon

IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2012
    hey zel? could you take zento rangers down, its going to be off for awhile because you can't enter viridian city. i'm trying to figure it out. it freezes. well anyways, i'm working on a different hack now. Zento Rangers WILL continue! but please take it down for now.

BTW!!!!!!!!
    I'd like to vote for sinnoh adventures. i like the overworlds and it looks like it will reach very far. I've been looking forward to a sinnoh remake.

Last edited:

treecko 22

Lucario 9's brother
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2008
    i vote for pokemon white isle because it has a day and night system and you get an eevee as a starter and the screenshots are just awsome but i would like to see a bit of scripting but i still like it

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • I'm not voting (there are too many not-so-good hacks on the list and the two best I'm at a loss for) but...Zel, are you still in if you get moved from the Scrapbox when you are eligible? Or are you then not eligible?

I know there's a black point there, mainly because I really cant keep track of everything. In theory (and I'm just being literal here) after a hack is moved, when I check the Showcase, if the hack still is within the 31 days old, it'd be elegible, if not, it wont (that's why you also have the second chance, anyway)

Dont worry too much about it, because I'm trying to think on something. In the end, I think it's time to give a reformatting to the HotW.

hey zel? could you take zento rangers down, its going to be off for awhile because you can't enter viridian city. i'm trying to figure it out. it freezes. well anyways, i'm working on a different hack now. Zento Rangers WILL continue! but please take it down for now.

As said in the rules, I wont take out hacks or add hacks mid-week. I know I'm being a bit stubborn there, but I just want to show that I'm serious on all of the rules and stuff >.<

Years
  • Not a vote!, Critism!
    First I would ask you (Zel) Is a weekly contenst realy needed? Wont that just kind of tell people to start new hacks? Maybe if this were monthly or some thing... Which already excist...
    Or make It Complete hack of the week, but that would porpperly not make to much proges? + It would still be convinsing...
    Now for what I realy wont to complain about:

I don't think that you Should be able to vote for Moonshine
    - Mossgreen
    - Naruto
    - And more
    Since no of them has any puplic beta or release yet... How can you judge a hack just by screen... Sure some of them have a nice tilte screen... What does that prove?
    Let's then call it "TitleScreen of the week"

KhaosKnight

The 1 and only Khaotic Hacker
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    Not a vote!, Critism!
    First I would ask you (Zel) Is a weekly contenst realy needed? Wont that just kind of tell people to start new hacks? Maybe if this were monthly or some thing... Which already excist...
    Or make It Complete hack of the week, but that would porpperly not make to much proges? + It would still be convinsing...

- Mossgreen
    - Naruto
    - And more
    Since no of them has any puplic beta or release yet... How can you judge a hack just by screen... Sure some of them have a nice tilte screen... What does that prove?

I agree with you, i dont think you should even be able to put your hack in the Showcase unless you have a playable alpha/beta that goes farther than the first route. I mean if you dont have something to play, then what are you showcasing?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Son Sebbe said:
    Not a vote!, Critism!

- Mossgreen
    - Naruto
    - And more

Umm....bit of criticism here. *shot*

Screenshots do not make a hack, ideas make a hack.

Also HOTW is an acceptable thread that is not conducted by moderators like HOTM so it is zel's decision on what to do. If you lose, it shouldn't be the end of the world though, it should give you more determination to be the best.

Hopefully I made sense xD

Years
  • Umm....bit of criticism here. *shot*

Screenshots do not make a hack, ideas make a hack.

Also HOTW is an acceptable thread that is not conducted by moderators like HOTM so it is zel's decision on what to do. If you lose, it shouldn't be the end of the world though, it should give you more determination to be the best.

Hopefully I made sense xD
    One thing is to write the ideas down, another is to actual inplent them...

I realy can't seem to understand what you are saying about modeators... But If you mean that it's accepteded by the Mod, then I can't seem what they would have to do with it...

My point is just, that the intire Idea with a hack is the Gameplay, which I can't understand why, there's not even needed to test, for winning an award... I remember when Rocket's revenge got the third place in HOTY... How can you judge by screenshot, or a storyline?

Then don't vote for them! Enough said.
    I neather did... -_-

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • I know that you wanted to express your opinion, Sebbe, but you are leading this thread to the offtopic point, so if you wanted to discuss about it, either PM me, or start another thread. Because, the HotW is an idea that started as a way to encourage the new hackers and to give them a space where they could also get noticed, and being weekly is the perfect way to make more people happy. It'll keep on being that way and it wont change no matter what.

Now, whoever wants to vote, go ahead. Please, avoid going offtopic, thank you.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2014
    I vote for Pokemon Tree Of Peace
    Reason: I like the maps that he made. Paletts are also good and story sounds nice.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • While I try to think on how I could give a new format to the HotW, let's keep it being this way, at least for this next week. So, this end this week's voting and the winner is Pokémon Tree of Peace, by Kawaii, Inc.

Voting Results
    Tree of Peace, with 2 votes
    Rise of a Legend, Naruto, Sinnoh Adventures and Moonshine, all with 1 vote

Done editing... Huh? Guys, guys... I dont think I'd need to remember people that this thread is only for voting. If you want to congratulate someone, just do it on that person's hack thread.

Alright, now good luck everyone. Hope we can get more voters though I dont think it'll happen (yeah, I'm kinda losing my hopes, and I'm supposedly the cheerful guy :P), well just do what you can :)

Oh! Yeah, since we are lacking someone who can do awards, it'd be cool if somebody would offer to. If you can do something as good as the stuff Woofer did, then PM me. I guess we need awards to motivate people... :\

Last edited:

Blitzballer

Sarcasm: now GMO-free.
    Years
  • I dunno if I need to wait for you, Zel, since I'm not voting, but...
    Well, that's prettyyy exciting! =)
    I'm glad I won, but I don't think I should've since the posts that I looked at all said something about the palettes (which I'm changing...) but they also liked the story, so what-the-heck!? I'm glad I won. Haha.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Congratulations on winning!

you don't read much, do you!?

Huh? Guys, guys... I dont think I'd need to remember people that this thread is only for voting. If you want to congratulate someone, just do it on that person's hack thread.

Okay, so my vote goes to Moonshine, since the story's interesting and I like Eevee as our cute starter. :P
    I also like it's simplicity. :)

X-aveon

IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2012
    i'd like to vote for pokemon moonshine version.
    you get to start with eevee,
    its near a beta,
    new features,
    new region,
    and talking pokemon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Pokemon White Isle has my vote! ;)
    I think it has great potential.
    Riolu 9 is usually with Fire Red, but he tried something new. :)
    The Rom Base he's using is wonderful, the maps are great, and a day/night system is a great idea. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back