• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: [Hack of the Year 2017] - Pokémon Orange (GBC) [Movie 2000 Edition] (Fin)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
It's not about the cheats but rather I'd wait until the game is complete to play it again. I really like this game compared to other hacks really and the first two runs I did were great. I would like to do it one more time when this is over and done. Also, since you're doing a walkthrough for this hack it would be nice to use that in case as the routes being as large as they are, it's easy to lose your way and end up somewhere you shouldn't go.

Sorry if I came off as a douche earlier Pia. I really want this to be a successful hack.

Last edited:

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
It's not about the cheats but rather I'd wait until the game is complete to play it again. I really like this game compared to other hacks really and the first two runs I did were great. I would like to do it one more time when this is over and done. Also, since you're doing a walkthrough for this hack it would be nice to use that in case as the routes being as large as they are, it's easy to lose your way and end up somewhere you shouldn't go.

Sorry if I came off as a douche earlier Pia. I really want this to be a successful hack.

Thank you for the response. I apologize if my announcement seemed aimed at you. I should not have put it in the same post as the reply to your message.

I'll say again that I'm not mad at anyone and I appreciate all the support and feedback from you all.

In other news...
Lg5kseb.png

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
The wrecked ship, its underwater on Route 60.

I've started mapping Murcott Island, now that the Dex and TM list is done.

Murcott Island has the Daycare. It's also where Tracey catches his newest Pok?mon, which you'll see on Route 62 :)

I updated my ideas list to reflect the changes in the direction I've been going. You can find it here: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/PiaCarrot/pokeorange/master/IDEAS.md

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2022
How long is Beta 1? How far through the story can i get, as an estimation? This looks really good and I'm excited to play it.

Also, is there a physical/special split in this game?

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
^ I've answered both of your questions several times in this thread.

UPDATE:
Pok?dex is complete!
5dUVMU1.png
PJ2RekR.png
IIx4oym.png
BgzN15u.png

QSmPHj8.png

All backsprites and shiny palettes are also done, I've revised all encounters in the game to reflect the completion of the Pok?dex.

Pikipek can be found rather early, and so can Chingling and Cutiefly.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
I can't wait to get some Alolan pokemon! Those sprites look great btw. I also looked at the entire Pokedex and I like it and don't see any problems but I thought Stunfisk was an odd choice. I really didn't feel that Pokemon back when I got it in the BW games. Why not Tympole for example? It's evolution has half Ground and can get some decent moves in. But I guess that you'd have to get more sprites and that would require expanding the Dex for those Pokemon. That wouldn't be worth the effort. Do the new Pokemon have accurate cries as well?

Last edited:

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
I can't wait to get some Alolan pokemon! Those sprites look great btw. I also looked at the entire Pokedex and I like it and don't see any problems but I thought Stunfisk was an odd choice. I really didn't feel that Pokemon back when I got it in the BW games. Why not Tympole for example? It's evolution has half Ground and can get some decent moves in. But I guess that you'd have to get more sprites and that would require expanding the Dex for those Pokemon. That wouldn't be worth the effort. Do the new Pokemon have accurate cries as well?

Cries for various reasons are not done yet. They take up a lot of space doing it the proper way, and doing it by other means would make them inaccurate (using other cries and changing the pitch and tempo). If the space is available upon completion of the game, I will attempt to port Prism's DED cry code to Orange.

The reason for the Stunfisk choice was it was a Water pokemon without being Water-type, and it doesnt evolve. The method for catching it is actually one not in any other Pokemon game, being Rock Smash on Underwater maps. These underwater smash rocks actually have a different encounter pool than land smash rocks.

Also, there is very little Gen 5 presence in Orange, so including Stunfisk there are only 3 from Unova. At this point I wouldn't expect the dex to change at all.

EDIT: New feature on the Dex
1FmwLvu.png

Last edited:

IRON NIDOW

I'm a talking dog
Years
I always loved the concept or an orange version. This is a incridible hack! A question will you put the events of the first movie as well?(sorry if someone already asked it, I checked the replies and didn't find it)

Last edited:

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
I always loved the concept or an orange version. This is a incridible hack! A question will you put the events of the first movie as well?(sorry if someone already asked it, I checked the replies and didn't find it)

New Island is in the game, but there's no first movie based event. Blaine reveals the path to you towards New Island after a sidequest in the post game, is what I have planned for now.

UPDATES:
-Rock Climb can now climb multiple tiles
-Magikarp Jump variants added from Polished Crystal
-Wrecked Ship maps are complete
-Pokedex has a Shiny dex toggle
-HM use is quicker (Surf no longer asks YES or NO, etc.)
-X Items updated to SuMo equivalents (X_SPECIAL is now X_SPCL_ATK and X_SPCL_DEF, give +2 instead of +1)
-Heal, Dive, and Dusk Balls added
-Began to write post-game plot

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 26, 2021
Excellent hack, probably the best I've seen, I'm anxiously waiting for it to be finished. Good luck, I hope the game is finished before the end of the year. (sorry for my english, im from Argentina)

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Just an update, since it's been a week. Currently up to Trovitopolis has been mapped, I've also added a secret dungeon. Scripting is still a WIP from Route 61 to Trovitopolis. This includes:

-Route 61
-Route 62
-Murcott Island
-Mandarin Desert
-Trovitopolis
-Secret Dungeon 1 (this one isnt so secret but the majority of it is blocked off)
-Secret Dungeon 2

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
More updates! Happy Halloween!

-B/W Scaling Exp System (Courtesy of Terser and Rangi)
-Updated Moves to Gen 7 standard (Power, PP, Accuracy)
-All Base exp updated to BW Standard, and beyond
-R60, R61, Murcott Scripting complete

Soon(?):
-Gen 6 Exp Share
-Catch Exp

I believe before I mentioned there won't be a new beta until the Orange Archipalego is complete, but with the addition of Dive and many other new features, I will be releasing a new Beta around Ascorbia Island, where the player can obtain HM Dive.

I realize many people may not want to play it due to the fact the saves will break for full release, but beta testing is also very important for game balance, with the new battle mechanics and such I will be monitoring the game balance closely and adjusting levels accordingly.

Last edited:
Back