• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: [Hack of the Year 2017] - Pokémon Orange (GBC) [Suloku Patch] (Fin)

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
Years
  • This is the renaissance patch (still not officially beta 2):

Formes are still broken. No ETA on fix, and I am working on a new engine.

Almost all maps are revisited for the new tiles, Cross as well as many maps now have custom music. The seashells have been added, but only about 9/50 of them, so have some fun and collect 'em! Building the rom yourself under "make debug" will allow you to see some unfinished maps like Hamlin and Shamouti.

The new maps have caused some issues with tilesets being messed with, I found one hardlock this morning that I patched so this patch is being updated frequently on Github. Updated patch can always be found here: https://github.com/PiaCarrot/pokeorange/tree/master/patches (PSS is Physical Special Status Split and no pss is gen 2/3 mechanics, Fairy is special and dark/ghost are swapped)

Please patch to a clean Pokemon - Crystal Version (UE) (V1.0) [C][!].gbc ROM.

Thank you and Happy New Years!

If you can't get past Route 62, re download the patch and apply to a clean ROM (save file wont be bugged) There was a tile error that was just fixed.

EDIT:
    Carrot Challenges!

If you take a screenshot of your Shell Box with 9 shells, share it here, I'd love to see it :) (No peeking at the source code!)

If you have caught Latias, Latios, or both, share a screenshot here, no one has done it yet!

Last edited:

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
  • When you use a poke center the game freezes, this is the using the patch with the pss.

What emulator are you using, base ROM, etc? I can not reproduce this issue.

Make sure you are not using Crystal V1.1, it has to be 1.0. The name of the baserom I used is "Pokemon - Crystal Version (UE) (V1.0) [C][!].gbc"

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    Hi, all! I ended up finding the rom! Just ended up downloading it directly through Samsung internet or any web browser on my phone cuz it would be gibberish if I did it through Google. Also, I tried using the orange island original beta Feb rom and for some reason, it actually worked (I ended up using the Uni Patcher android app cuz JS Patcher didn't save the rom right but as an ips)

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
  • [Hack of the Year 2017] - Pokémon Orange (GBC) [Suloku Patch] (Fin)
    [Hack of the Year 2017] - Pokémon Orange (GBC) [Suloku Patch] (Fin)

I've started working on Shamouti Island before Hamlin/Tarroco as it's one of the biggest post game events, getting it out of the way will be a big relief off of my chest. Tiles you see here are by Myself, angrydev and JaceDeane. Graphics for the entire event are complete, just a few maps and scripting, and then I will release an updated beta.

Full Updated Map Stitch can be found here: https://imgur.com/a/Ih0xNJt

Years
  • Really looking forward for the final version. I remember playing this last year and getting to Moro Island but couldn't enter any building while I was there. But I am eager to replay this once it is (hoefully fully) completed.

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
  • Really looking forward for the final version. I remember playing this last year and getting to Moro Island but couldn't enter any building while I was there. But I am eager to replay this once it is (hoefully fully) completed.

If you could only get to Moro, it sounds like you played an old alpha, since beta 1 goes up to the third gym and has been out since Jan 2018.

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
  • [Hack of the Year 2017] - Pokémon Orange (GBC) [Suloku Patch] (Fin)

Coming along well, almost all of the interior maps of Shamouti are done, just a couple of small caves to go :)

And yes, you get to board The Flying Palace and fight off Fearow on the outside trying to get in.

Last edited:

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
  • EDIT 6/18/2022 Updated Patches with Several Bug Fixes

It's that time again. A new patch to play!
    This one has a bit more than just fancy graphics, though! It adds the entire Movie 2000 event to the game. After beating the Orange League, you can take a boat from Kumquat to Shamouti Island, where a festival is happening.

The patch is currently untested, so expect some bugs or issues.
    You can download the patch here https://github.com/PiaCarrot/pokeorange/tree/master/patches

Please apply movie-2000-no-pss.ips or movie-2000-pss.ips to a clean Pokemon - Crystal Version (UE) (V1.0) [C][!].gbc ROM, no other ROM will work! Otherwise, you can build it yourself from the source.

Last edited:

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
  • So, now is this complete apart from the bugs and issues? Thanks

No, I'd say it's still got a long way to go before I can call it "complete." However, this is the first step in completing the post game for Orange, and probably the biggest single event I've had to make for Orange.

Years
    • Online now
    Been playing the latest patch for about 10 hours now and just reached the golden island. Really beautiful maps! Only bug I've found so far was that dazzling gleam's animation seemed to be in the bottom right corner of the screen. Otherwise smooth sailing.

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
  • Been playing the latest patch for about 10 hours now and just reached the golden island. Really beautiful maps! Only bug I've found so far was that dazzling gleam's animation seemed to be in the bottom right corner of the screen. Otherwise smooth sailing.

I've been talking to the artist who did the animations originally about 4 years ago, and hopefully some of them will be revisited soon.

Back