• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] Halloween Trick-or-Treating Event 2019

11wildy

Me!
Years
  • We managed to stop team Rocket in the radio tower! Claire wasn't as hard as usual. Haunter solo killed all Dragonair with Hypnosis + Dream Eater, then Dragonair Hyper Beams the Sneasel, after which Koffing explodes in its face for the win!

I'll take all the last berries and finish the run when I get the final rules.

Thank you for hosting this, I had a lot of fun! And I would still love to know how it is set up :)

Rules:

No-slot hex: Max team size of 5
    The curse of eternal youth: No evolutions
    Zombie Dinner: Must have a biting move
    A quiet place: No sound based moves
    BIRDS!!!!!: Hoothoot
    Nightmare fuel: Hoothoot with Nightmare and Sunny Day
    Dracula's apprentice: Teach all HP draining moves
    Frozen curse: Any frozen pokemon must be boxed
    Embargo: No items in battle
    Fridge horror: A pokemon that does not resist Ice and does not have a Fire move cannot use any STAB moves
    The thing: added Ditto
    You're a wizard, Harry: Haunter
    Demonic Overlords: Add Persian
    Toxic avenger: Teach Toxic to a caught Poison Pokemon (no levelup move toxic, so impossible), ignore rule
    Plaguespreader: Teach a poison move to all pokemon
    Too scared to move: 3 damaging moves at most
    Reverse record player: No more TMs
    Hexed hands: No hold items

Global rules:
    Add a Dark type to my team.
    No type overlapping
    Revived Poliwag, can only use physical moves and never battle along with other team members
    All Pokemon except Ghost and Dark types are banned (because Poison is also banned)

Team:

Ghost the Haunter
    -Thunder
    -Dream Eater
    -Hypnosis
    -Curse

Smog the Koffing
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Fire Blast (Nightmare fuel with Destiny Bond)
    -Selfdestruct
    -Smokescreen (Destiny Bond Later)

Sneasel
    -Faint Attack
    -Quick Attack
    -Fury Swipes
    -Screech

The Thing the Ditto
    -Transform

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Thank you for hosting this event! I enjoyed the format a lot, even though I didn't have enough time to participate properly, having only made it to the fifth Gym. These challenge events are pretty much the only reason I've been coming back to the forum these past couple of years, so I'm looking forward to the next one ^^

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • Janp, I really enjoy these interactive challenges, it makes for a very interesting playthrough.

Anyway, I RNGed these rules for the red, green, and blue berries:
    Red: BIRDS!!!! - Put a Regional Bird on your team. It doesn't have to be regional bird of your region. It can only learn Physical and Status Moves.
    Green: A Quiet Place - All sound based moves (Screech, Disarming Voice, Roar, Hyper Voice, etc) are banned from now on.
    Blue: First-encounter clause - You may only capture and use the first Pokemon you encounter on each route for the remainder of the game. Your current Pokemon are unaffected, as are gifts.

Not too bad.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • Haven't had as much time to play this as I wanted, but I finally did get through the next gym. I did tweak my BIRDS!!!! rule so that it is not restricted to Physical/Status moves, due to how Pidgeot has been changed in this hack.

Current Status:
    Spoiler:

Update #5 on Renegade Platinum.

• Starting in Veilstone City, I rescued Dawn's Pokedex from Team Galactic and got the Fly TM.
    • Sent Brimstone to the box since I need to make room for my regional bird.
    • Moved south to Pastoria City and caught Kanto the Pidgeotto along the way.
    • After I arrived in Pastoria I continued to Route 212 South so I could finally catch Thing the Grimer.
    • Trained up my new team members after teaching them fire moves at the Move Tutor, and they evolved into Pidgeot and Muk.
    • Went through the whole of Route 212 South to find Crasher Wake, continuing to train everyone up.
    • Back in Pastoria, I went to the gym, and Dread showed up to challenge me.
    • His team was tough and I was a little underleveled, so it took a couple tries to defeat.
    • Finally in the gym, I defeated all the trainers, then did some moveset shuffling to help with the rain inside the gym.
    • Defeated Wake on the second attempt, and now I await my next curse.

Screens:
    Spoiler:

Team Spook:
    034.png

Rex the Careful Nidoking, ♂ - L43
    Ability: Poison Point
    Moves: Poison Jab, Toxic, Sunny Day, Earthquake
    478.png

Kimono the Relaxed Froslass, ♀ - L44
    Ability: Levitate
    Moves: Shadow Ball, Shock Wave, Ice Beam, Confuse Ray
    089.png

Thing the Hardy Muk, ♀ - L44
    Ability: Stench
    Moves: Shadow Sneak, Gunk Shot, Giga Drain, Fire Punch
    018.png

Kanto the Impish Pidgeot, ♂ - L44
    Ability: No Guard
    Moves: Air Slash, Swift, Fly, Heat Wave
    429.png

Mistry the Mild Mismagius, ♂ - L44
    Ability: Levitate
    Moves: Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, Moonblast, Will-O-Wisp
    342.png

Pirate the Adamant Crawdaunt, ♀ - L39
    Ability: Adaptability
    Moves: Aqua Jet, Crunch, Crabhammer, Rock Slide

Notable changes to these Pokemon in Renegade Platinum:
    Spoiler:

I take a blue berry then continue up to room 31. The new rule is "EXP Zero - The EXP Share and Lucky Egg are now banned." Which is just fine since held items are banned anyway, haha.

Last edited:
    Back