• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] Halloween Trick-or-Treating Event 2019

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
  • Update #2 on Renegade Platinum.

Current Curses:
    Spoiler:

• Continuing from Oreburgh City, I made my way north to Florama Town and Valley Wondworks.
    • Kicked out Team Galactic, though Mars put up a fight as it took me a couple tries to beat her.
    • Moved on north to Eterna Forest, where I was immediately challenged to a battle by Cheryl.
    • She was also quite tough as she had some good moves but I eventually took her down.
    • Then I checked the thread, saw the new global Retangular Force curse, and I decided to bite the bullet and play with it right away.
    • Sadly, this meant that both Saiyan and Sparkly had to be boxed, but I could still use Pirate as it eventually becomes a Dark-type.
    • After consulting the documentation, I backtracked to Route 203 and used the Poke Radar to catch Brimstone the Houndour.
    • After some grinding with Brimstone, I continued into Eterna Forest with Cheryl and caught Shadow the Nincada.
    • Training Shadow to L20 was a bit slow since I couldn't use any STAB Attacks, but eventually, Shedinja appeared!
    • Moved on to Eterna City, where I was told that Gardenia was up in the mountains.
    • Went through Mt. Celestic to Route 216, where I nabbed Kimono the Snover.
    • Defeated some trainers and found Gardenia, and Brimstone evolved into Houndoom!
    • Went back to Eterna City, where I challenged the gym, and lost to Gardenia a couple times.
    • Did a bit of grinding, then took on Gardenia and won, mostly thanks to Brimstone and Shadow.

Screens:
    Spoiler:

Team Spook:
    229.png

Brimstone the Serious Houndoom, ♀ - L27
    Ability: Intimidate
    Moves: Fire Fang, Ember, Bite, Thunder Fang
    341.png

Pirate the Adamant Corphish, ♀ - L27
    Ability: Adaptability
    Moves: Aqua Jet, Night Slash, Crabhammer, Aerial Ace
    361.png

Kimono the Relaxed Snorunt, ♀ - L27
    Ability: Inner Focus
    Moves: Icy Wind, Ice Shard, Avalanche, Bite
    292.png

Shadow the Hardy Shedinja - L28
    Ability: Wonder Guard
    Moves: Shadow Claw, Aerial Ace, X-Scissor, Shadow Sneak

Notable changes to these Pokemon in Renegade Platinum:
    Spoiler:

As I don't have much choice, I will pick 1 red berry and move forward to Room 16.

Last edited:

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
  • So before I continue (mostly because I'm stalling since I'll pretty much be getting three new curses in rapid succession since the next three gyms are fairly close together), I have a very important question regarding Hidden Power since I have Fridge Horror. Because Stalker is a Ghost/Poison type and therefore affected by Fridge Horror, if I, by some divine joke, get Hidden Power Ghost or Poison, will it still be a dead move slot or will Hidden Power be classified as a Normal type move regardless of what it's actual type ends up being?

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Oh, great. Being unable to find my character means I can't find my newest rule. Now what? :thonk:

Your character is in the underground. Right above the map it says CEMETERY and UNDERGROUND. Click UNDERGROUND and it will take you to the underground map, where your character is.

Years

• JDTHEBUD GETS TOXIC
    Who wouldn't after 21 days inside this cemetery? New rule has been added, check your character on the map.

Well, what say about this section? There is a Poké Ball and a ghost of a girl! Pick the Ball up before that ghost do it! And take more berries with it:
    Bag_Lum_Berry_Sprite.png
    Green berries manipulate your movesets
    Bag_Lum_Berry_Sprite.png
    Bag_Lum_Berry_Sprite.png
    Bag_Oran_Berry_Sprite.png
    Blue berries manipulate your gameplay
    Bag_Lum_Berry_Sprite.png
    Bag_Lum_Berry_Sprite.png
    Bag_Lum_Berry_Sprite.png
    Pick one or more berries to continue. One berry will add one rule to your run. You also encountered special event. The map can change based on your action.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • So to be clear, on my next update I pick a berry, and also can choose to pick up the Poke Ball?

Also, am I required to catch my new Poison Pokemon right away (i.e. backtrack), or can I progress a bit to get to a new area?

Last edited:
    Years
  • So to be clear, on my next update I pick a berry, and also can choose to pick up the Poke Ball?

Also, am I required to catch my new Poison Pokemon right away (i.e. backtrack), or can I progress a bit to get to a new area?
    1st question: Yes.

2nd question: Any time until the next Gym should be fine.

Halloween Trick-or-Treating in Fire Red

Ghost_I.png

PART 3

Well, this part was short. Also, you probably want to know my curses right?
    Spoiler:

I boxed Eerie, since Global Rules are now in effect. Those rules really shaken my planned team. Now I can literally only use Bulbasaur, Gastly and Ekans/Grimer/Koffing. Yay for Poison Monotype. Also I kinda forgot to make a updating post for me, but still rolled new rule. Haven't moved, which I probably should, but I really like this section. So I might just make a little change and randomly roll my rules and not move for the rest of the game, since I'm lazy to move. I know it probably isn't the most transparent way of treating my run, but what are you gonna do about it? I'm the system!

Anyway, like I said, this was pretty short segment. I skipped most of the S.S.ANNE so Cyanide won't be so overleveled, then lost to Santa, because pretty much his whole team had advantage over me (but I still beat him on my 2nd try) and then moved on Lt. Surge. Battle with him was... underwhelming (pic related).
    20UEsiI.png

Now let's talk about the Set curse I got this segment. It... did absolutely nothing as I only had Cyanide on my team. Next time I'll be finally able to get Gastly and probably third member, so it might do something. I also rolled another Blue Berry for the next segment, so another gameplay related rule.

Team

ivysaur.png

Cyanide, Modest Male Ivysaur
    lvl 31, Overgrow
    - Razor Leaf
    - PoisonPowder
    - Leech Seed
    - Sleep Powder

Last edited:

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022

Halloween Trick-or-Treating Event - Black 2
    BADGES · 4/8
    BERRIES · Red x4 · Green x1 · Blue x1
    RULES ·
    Zombie Dinner
    Any Pokémon that can learn any of the following moves must learn it as soon as possible and retain it for the remainder of the run: Bite, Crunch, Any of the Fang attacks (on Pokemon that can learn multiple, only one is required).
    ·
    Ocean's Curse
    Water, Ice, and Dragon types are now banned from your team, unless they also possess the Ghost or Dark types. HM slaves and Pokemon mandated by another curse are exempt from this rule.
    ·
    Locke Clause
    Any fainted Pokemon for the remainder of the run must be boxed until the completion of the run.
    ·
    Spooky Ball ✓
    If there are any Ghost or Dark-type obtainable by this point in your game, catch one now, even if you already have one on your team. This Pokemon cannot be removed from your team, even by the effects of another curse.
    ·
    Ghostly Adventure G✓
    Catch a Ghost-type (even if you already have one) as soon as possible. It must stay on your team for the rest of the game. It's also your best friend from now on.
    ·
    Making Frankenstein G
    Your team must be composed with Pokémon with different primary types if possible from now on.
    ·
    Zombieland G✓
    All of your forcefully boxed Pokémon are revived as zombies. They can only use physical contact moves and are immune to the curse that boxed them. But you can't in any circumstances use them on the same team as your current Pokémon.
    ·
    Rectangular Force G
    All Pokémon except Ghost, Dark and Poison-types are banned from now on.
    ·
    No-Slot Hex
    Your maximum party size is reduced by 1.
    ·
    Final Destination ✓
    Get Pokémon that can learn Destiny Bond. You must use this move during each Gym Battle at least once.

Say, what's that on the ground? A Poke Ball! Miau picks up the Poke Ball, along with one green berry, and moves on to the ominously named room 666.

PARTY
    552MS.png
    Cozonac ♂ Lv. 29 Has the moxie, and carries around soft sand. Likes to crunch up his opponents. CURSED · Zombie Dinner
    510MS.png
    Amandina ♀ Lv. 23 Becomes speedier when she loses her stuff, but loves her silk scarf too much. Can cut small trees. CURSED · Spooky Ball
    543MS.png
    Vienetta ♀ Lv. 19 Swarms if in a pinch.
    109MS.png
    Pufarine ♂ Lv. 23 Levitates.
    562MS.png
    Poiana ♀ Lv. 21 The mummy who became my best friend. She holds a spell tag. CURSED · Ghostly Adventure · Final Destination
    298MS.png
    Mentosan ♂ Lv. 5 CURSED · Ocean's Curse · Zombieland
    498MS.png
    Rom ♂ Lv. 16 CURSED · Rectangular Force
    504MS.png
    Eugenia ♀ Lv. 8 CURSED · Zombie Dinner · Rectangular Force
    447MS.png
    Magic ♂ Lv. 16 CURSED · Rectangular Force
    BOXED

saniachan

Second Violinist
    Years
  • Your character is in the underground. Right above the map it says CEMETERY and UNDERGROUND. Click UNDERGROUND and it will take you to the underground map, where your character is.
    Oooh, stupid me for not realizing that. I've already found out the newest rule earlier by remembering the link. 🤦

On the second thought, this is still helpful. Thanks anyway. 😊

Spoiler: The rules as of now
    1. Dracula's apprentice: Any Pokémon that can learn any of the HP-draining moves must learn it as soon as possible and retain it for the remainder of the run. (starts from Roxanne arc)
    2. Ocean's Curse: Water, Ice, and Dragon types are now banned from your team, unless they also possess the Ghost or Dark types. HM slaves and Pokemon mandated by another curse are exempt from this rule. (starts from Brawly arc, stacks with rule #8 as of Norman arc)
    3. First-encounter clause: You may only capture and use the first Pokemon you encounter on each route for the remainder of the game. Your current Pokemon are unaffected, as are gifts. (starts from Wattson arc, becomes literal Nuzlocke as of Norman arc)
    4. Ghostly Adventure - GLOBAL RULE: Catch a Ghost-type (even if you already have one) as soon as possible. It must stay on your team for the rest of the game. It's also your best friend from now on. (Afterburn from Wattson arc, Trappola from Tate-Liza arc)
    5. Making Frankenstein - GLOBAL RULE: Your team must be composed with Pokémon with different primary types if possible from now on. (starts from Flannery arc)
    6. Zombieland - GLOBAL RULE: All of your forcefully boxed Pokémon are revived as zombies. They can only use physical contact moves and are immune to the curse that boxed them. But you can't in any circumstances use them on the same team as your current Pokémon. (only during Flannery arc)
    7. Locke Clause: Any fainted Pokemon for the remainder of the run must be boxed until the completion of the run. You may revive your current party before this rule goes into effect. (this + rule #3 = literal Nuzlocke as of Norman arc)
    8. Rectangular Force- GLOBAL RULE: All Pokémon except Ghost, Dark and Poison-types are banned from now on. (starts from Norman arc)
    9. Locked Ball Curse: The Poké Ball in your 2nd slot is now cursed. It cannot be opened, and is permanently locked to your belt. The Pokemon currently in your 2nd slot should be boxed for the remainder of the run. Additionally, you are now limited to one less Pokemon on your team. (bans Quon from Winona arc onward)
    10. You're a wizard, Harry: You have to put one of the following Pokémon on your team and it must stay there for the rest of the game: Haunter/Gengar, Dusclops/Dusknoir, Banette, Gardevoir, Gallade, Kadabra/Alakazam, Sableye, Grumpig, Solrock, Lunatone, Misdreavus/Mismagius, Gulpin, Relicanth, Dustox, Medicham, Jynx, Chandelure, Reuniclus, Trevenant, Gourgeist, Chimecho (the crossed ones are unavailable in Emerald) (Purgatorium from Tate-Liza arc)
    Seems like the curses afflicting Purgatorium, Suomi, and Iconoclast had been lifted for whatever reasons. Out of those three, Aile missed Purgatorium the most, so she took him with her and trained him all the way until he became a Gardevoir (no Gallade here because this is Emerald).

Once he caught up with the rest of the gang, Aile did more stuffs: broke into Team Magma's hideout, witnessed Groudon's awakening by Team Magma leader, Maxie (this is when his Mightyena's Swagger bypassed Afterburn's Wonder Guard, breaking their viola leading to their demise), tried to chase after Team Aqua to the point that she had to break into their hideout, and crossed the sea to Mossdeep City.

And then there are Tate and Liza, the twin leaders of Mossdeep Gym, whom Purgatorium and Ether Strike took care of, Wedlocke-style. Heck, Purgatorium even decided to be naughty (a little bit reference to his nature here) by stealing both the leaders' Solrock's and Lunatone's Sitrus berries during the battle.
    jRHxe4Vm.jpg

Spoiler: Aile's squad as of now (in no particular order)
    Trappola (Ghostly Adventure)
    Spoiler:

Purgatorium (You're a wizard, Harry)
    Spoiler:

Red and Blue
    Spoiler:

Flyburg
    Spoiler:

Ether Strike
    Spoiler:

Spoiler: The cursed ones
    Rectangular Force
    Spoiler:

Ocean's Curse + Rectangular Force
    Spoiler:

Potential candidates for "You're a wizard, Harry"
    Spoiler:

Nuzlocke deaths
    Spoiler:

Other curses
    Spoiler:
    Since I'm pretty much stuck in the underground, I might as well check the altar out. 🙃

PS: I've already asked Janp about some of my rules and here are what I got:
    • "Youre a wizard, Harry" overrides all type limiting rules and first-encounter clause for all Pokemon listed there, so I'll probably backtrack to catch Gulpin, Cascoon/Dustox, and/or Chimecho when I run out of options for it.
    • Even Janp himself hadn't thought about the scenario where a supposedly permanent member dictated in a curse dies per Locke Clause (like what happened to Afterburn), so he said it would be up to the player to handle it. In my case, I've decided to replace the dead Pokemon with another eligible one(s) for that particular curse, hence me using Trappola for Ghostly Adventure upon Afterburn's death.

Last edited:

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
  • So because the Curse TM is locked behind Kanto and I can pretty much only catch 2 mons for the rest of the game, Curse curse is fairly irrelevant too since Stalker kinda requires it to fight since he can't use STAB moves. Also, I will be treating Hidden Power as a Normal type move, regardless of whether it's actual type ends up being Ghost or Poison (if I'm unlucky enough to get that bad of RNG to get the lowest result of a 2 in 15 chance)

Episode 5 - The Part where 3 curses are coming in rapid succession

Current Curses

Fridge Horror - No Fire move or Ice resist = No STAB moves. AKA rip Stalker.
    Ghostly Adventure - Misdreavus is only in Mt. Silver.
    Cursed Ground - No Ground, Rock, or Fighting types. AKA no Nidoking/Nidoqueen.
    Too scared to move - Only 3 attacking moves. Irrelevant for Stalker because no STAB moves allowed anyway.
    Making Frankenstein - Primary types for team members must be different. This means I cannot catch a Sneasel at all now.
    Zombieland - Still irrelevant.
    Starter-lock Hex - Now irrelevant due to Rectangular Force
    Rectangular Force - Any non Ghost, Dark, or Poison types are banned.
    Curse of Curses - Curse is now locked in, but Stalker can't use STAB moves anyway so the move is mandatory for her to even fight until I get Hidden Power.

So we are still in the screwed zone. Luckily, I can now go catch a Krabby as an HM slave so I can go catch a Tentacool as an official team member. Hex still isn't at high enough happiness to evolve, but I'm hoping to remedy that in the near future. First thing's first, though, and that's catching a Krabby, then getting that Tentacool, or if I'm lucky, a Tentacruel...or I can just farm encounters until I get one, which is what I did. Welcome Crueltenta to the team, and since he resists Ice, he is not affected by Fridge Horror. Lucky me. And now, to go and explore a bit and gather up some items. We need to raise Hex's happiness, and vitamins help with that, so it was off to Mt. Mortar to find some. Sadly, I didn't find any or brought Strength to explore further, so it was off to Mahogany Town and Lake of Rage to finally get a move for Stalker.

...It's Hidden Power Ghost. Are you serious? I mean, I did say I'm classifying Hidden Power as a Normal move, but of course it's HP Ghost of all times. Stalker is just proving herself as a Hypnosis and Curse bot. Whatever. She's next to worthless now. Looks like Crueltenta and Hex will have to carry this run now. Anyway, with that massive dissapointment over, it's time to blow up the lighthouse trainers for experience. Since I have to do Chuck anyway, I may as well kill two birds with one stone and go talk to Jasmine first.

One lighthouse run and a trip through the water later and here we are in Cianwood City...even though it's hardly a city. Outside of Hex, everyone in my team is underleveled for Chuck's gym, which could end badly. We'll have to wait and see, though.

Ok, so other than some shenanigans with Chuck landing two Dymanicpunches in a row with his Poliwrath on Crueltenta because it put me to sleep and, once again, I forgot to buy healing items, this is Gen 2. These games are very easy. But now it's time to add to my suffering for the first of three times. May as well just give me the curse for beating Jasmine now since it'll take all of ten seconds. Time to take one blue berry and it's up to Room 29, where I'll get another curse in about five minutes.

The Team

haunter.png

Stalker (Haunter) Lv. 28 @ Nothing
    Moves: Hypnosis, Hidden Power, Curse, Mean Look

eevee.png

Hex (Eevee) Lv. 31 @ Nothing
    Moves: Bite, Shadow Ball, Sand-Attack, Mud-Slap

tentacruel.png

Crueltenta (Tentacruel) Lv. 28 @ Nothing
    Moves: Poison Sting, Supersonic, Surf, Bubblebeam​

Years

• MIAU GETS A HUNGRY COMPANION
    Miau picks up a Green Berry and a Poké Ball. Before she can do anything, this Poké Ball opens and eats a Berry. It's no Poké Ball. It's... New rule has been added, check your character on the map.

This weirdly named section is once again, pretty boring. Someone actually forgot about it and named it only few days ago. And no one noticed. Can you at least notice these berries?
    Bag_Chople_Berry_Sprite.png
    Red berries manipulate your team
    Bag_Lum_Berry_Sprite.png
    Pick one or more berries to continue. One berry will add one rule to your run.

BLISSY MKW GETS WHAT HE ASKED FOR
    He got one Blue Berry and another Green one appeared out of nowhere in his basket. What a trick! New rule has been added, check your character on the map.

Anyway, prepare to be disappointed again. This section has an entrance to the netherworld. Or was in just underworld? Nevermind, it's closed. Take a berry instead:
    Bag_Lum_Berry_Sprite.png
    Bag_Lum_Berry_Sprite.png

NOTE: I randomly rolled second berry for Jasmine as you asked so you can update after Pryce. Also you can move up to 2 rooms for this part if you want.

SUPERJOLT IS AFRAID OF SLEEPING
    New curses won't really give him any room to sleep anyway. New rule has been added, check your character on the map.

So, this section is full of ghosts. Who you gonna call? Ghostbu... I mean there is a staircase leading down to the darkness. Go there! And pick some berries along the way:
    Bag_Lum_Berry_Sprite.png
    Bag_Lum_Berry_Sprite.png
    Pick one or more berries to continue. One berry will add one rule to your run. You also encountered special event. The map can change based on your action.

saniachan

Second Violinist
    Years
  • Hold on, where's my curse??? I'm already done with Tate and Liza, y'know. :thonk:

Edit: might as well go to Pacifidlog (did I spell it right?) and Sootopolis while waiting for Juan arc's curse 🙃

Last edited:

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
  • I think I lucked out this time. One curse I can't do because I'm not able to catch the only remaining available mon that can learn a slashing move (Sneasel due to Making Frankenstein) and another that, because this is Gen 2 and almost nothing has an Ice move outside of Pryce's gym, the odds of getting frozen are next to zero.

Episode 6 - Two Curses, Two Gyms

Current Curses

Fridge Horror
    - No Fire move or Ice resist = No STAB moves. No longer a problem.
    Cursed Ground - No Ground, Rock, or Fighting types. AKA no Nidoking/Nidoqueen.
    Too scared to move - Only 3 attacking moves.
    Making Frankenstein - Primary types for team members must be different. This means I cannot catch a Sneasel at all now.
    Curse of Curses - Curse is now locked in. Hex can't get it because the TM is in Kanto.
    Elm Street Neighbors - A slashing move or Dream Eater is required to be put on, but the Dream Eater TM is also Kanto locked and Sneasel is the only remaining mon I could've possibly caught that could learn such a move, but I can't catch one because of another curse.
    Frozen Curse - Frozen Pokemon are permaboxed, but this is Gen 2, so this is pretty much irrelevant.

So Jasmine will be a cakewalk, but after that, we have the long slog of Rocket Hideout and then Pryce. I may have to resort to buying some vitamins to raise Hex's happiness since I haven't found any at all yet. It'll be a major blow to my money, but at this point, he won't evolve until the end of the game. First, though, we're gonna grab Fly and head back to Olivine. On the way back, I battled any of the trainers I missed on the way to Cianwood to line my pockets a bit more. This time, I won't forget to buy items, since this seems to be a running theme here. Anyway, one more trip up the lighthouse later and it's back to the gym to deal with Jasmine. The Magnemites have Thunderbolt and the second one crit Hex and instakilled after I healed him. And this, kids, is why we need those vitamins. Anyway, it was now up to Stalker to handle the situation...only to die to Thunderbolt after getting the second Magnemite to half HP because of Curse. I swear, Crueltenta actually is turning into my carry. He dealt with the Magnemite and handled the Steelix no problem.

Since I already got my curse for beating Jasmine early, let's move onto our next step. First, heading to Goldenrod to buy a few vitamins in hopes of boosting Hex's happiness some more. I can't use Dark moves when he evolves, so we're going full physical attacker, so Proteins it is. I only bought two in order to save money for items and other things, but it should hopefully be enough for now. With that aside, let's go catch a Gyarados...because I need a slave for Waterfall and Whirlpool. Everything was going well until the Lure Ball failed, then Stalker took a Bite and a Dragon Rage to the face and died. We still got the red Gyarados, though. He'll make for a fine slave. But for now, it's time to go shred Team Rocket again.

So...on my way back to Mahogany Town, I ran into a Venonat. It's primary type is Bug, but it's also a Poison type, so it's entirely usable. The problem is it's underleveled, but Venomoth gets Psychic, so I still think it's worth taking along. I can just either switch train it or grab the Exp. Share from Mr. Pokemon to raise it up. But on an unrelated note, when I went to the lady to check Hex's happiness, I noticed that there are now two more Team Rocket grunts in Goldenrod. I never actually knew more of them appeared before the Radio Tower event happened. The more you know, I guess. Anyway, Rocket Hideout is fairly uneventful. Koffing can be encountered here, but I checked it's level up moves and it's not worth getting if I can't use Poison moves. There was a Protein for Hex and it was a prime time for getting Koga caught up to the rest of the team. Got the Thief TM to teach to probably Stalker and I had to go and buy more potions partway through. I also forgot to talk to the female Rocket, then ended up going to the door with only one password. A fine day for Rocket Hideout, indeed.

Anyway, all that remains is Pryce's gym. Dewgong was pretty scary and this is the only real part where I needed to fear the 10% feeeze chance from Powder Snow. Luckily, my RNG isn't that terrible. Pryce, outside the Dewgong, ended up being easier than the trainers even though there were some Supersonic wars shenanigans going on with a Cloyster.

Anyway, since I can go through two rooms, I'll take one green berry and then it's off to Room 30, then to Room 28.

(Until Team Rocket is dealt with, I won't know how much I have to go before Hex evolves since the happiness lady's house is blocked off)

The Team

haunter.png

Stalker (Haunter) Lv. 30 @ Nothing

eevee.png

Hex (Eevee) Lv. 32 @ Nothing
    Moves: Shadow Ball, Bite, Sand-Attack, Mud-Slap

tentacruel.png

Crueltenta (Tentacruel) Lv. 30 @ Quick Claw (because I needed item space)
    Moves: Poison Sting, Supersonic, Surf, Bubblebeam

venonat.png

Koga (Venonat) Lv. 27 @ Nothing
    Moves: Tackle, Poisonpowder, Confusion, Supersonic​

Years
    • Age 26
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 30, 2020
    Name: Eolith
    Trainer Class: Winstrate (RSE)
    Your favourite type of candy: Tatranka, mmm...
    Game: Emerald
    Where you want to start (Rooms 1-8): 8

Years

• SANIACHAN CHOSE THE BORING OPTION
    That will cost you few curses! New rule has been added, check your character on the map.

Saniachan touches the altair and she is transported back on surface. This section has another altair, which is probably used to get back to the underworld. It also has some boulders and a lot of flowers. And berries:
    Bag_Lum_Berry_Sprite.png
    Bag_Lum_Berry_Sprite.png

BLISSYMKW IS SLOWLY ARRIVING TO THE FINAL DESTINATION
    What will he find inside? New rule has been added, check your character on the map.

And he finds the best section of this cemetery. It has a boat! What is a boat doing here? Who cares! But he should really investigate it. Or just pick some berries around:

EOLITH IS KINDA LATE
    Doesn't matter, here's your curse! New rule has been added, check your character on the map.

This section doesn't really have much to offer. Th sign is broken and Eolith can't really read what it says. There is only handful of berries laying on the ground around the grave:
    Bag_Lum_Berry_Sprite.png
    Bag_Lum_Berry_Sprite.png

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
  • So the only mon I have that can get Destiny Bond is Stalker...and she doesn't learn it until Level 48, and I'll be done with the game by then. Also, I was wrong about Dream Eater. Level 39 on Haunter, so it's possible to get it.

Episode 7 - Towards the Final Destination

Current Curses

Fridge Horror - No Fire move or Ice resist = No STAB moves. No longer a problem.
    Cursed Ground - No Ground, Rock, or Fighting types.
    Too scared to move - Only 3 attacking moves.
    Making Frankenstein - Primary types for team members must be different. My team is complete, so I hardly care anymore.
    Curse of Curses - Curse is now locked in
    Elm Street Neighbors - A slashing move or Dream Eater is required to be put on. Level 38 on Stalker is needed.
    Frozen Curse - Frozen Pokemon are permaboxed, but this is Gen 2, so this is pretty much irrelevant.
    Final Destination - Get Destiny Bond. It must be used at least once a gym battle, but by the time I get it, the game will be over.

So the first order of business today is taking down Team Rocket. Once that's handled, we can go and check on Hex's happiness. Koga still needs more levels and Stalker has a move to learn, so it looks like Crueltenta won't be getting much action. Luckily, there's a lot of Poison types we need to deal with, so Koga should (hopefully) have a field day. I did have a number of shenanigans involving Supersonic and an annoying number of Rattata, but on the bright side, Koga evolved into a beautiful Venomoth after the last "pre Werehouse Key" battle with the guy with the 5 Koffings and a Weezing. And now, it's been a long time coming, but now it's time to fight Stizh, the rival...again. It's been a while since we faced him. Anyway, Koga had a close call against the Golbat since it has a Flying move. A few Confusions took it down, and even with Confuse Ray in the mix, we had no problems. Hex's almighty Mud-Slap killed the Magnemite and Shadow Ball handled the Haunter. Crueltenta drowned the Sneasel and all that remained was the Feraligatr, which got the Curse of death by Stalker. And now that Stizh is dealt with...it's time to do the underground puzzle, and I swear I can never do this puzzle right first try, even with all the times I've played through Gen 2.

After spending more time than needed on the puzzle, I got through all the Rockets in the underground and it was off to finish the Radio Tower. As I go on, Stalker is becoming more and more useless again. Hidden Power does little damage and because we run into so few mons that are actually weak to Ghost, it's hardly usable and does just a bit more than if I just used Mud-Slap with Hex. Hell, Koga is far more useful, and he's the newest member of the team. Sure, Team Rocket has a lot of Poison types to make his life easy, but that's just part of the point. Anyway, I dealt with the rest of Team Rocket, got my useless Rainbow Wing, and now it's off towards Blackthorn...but first, more vitamins and checking Hex's happiness.

Even after a third visit to the Haircut Brothers, three more Proteins and an HP Up, Hex still didn't have enough happiness, so I had to run back and forth for a bit to get him to the point where he can finally evolve. Although, once he evolves, I can't use Bite anymore, so I'll probably teach him Headbutt when the time comes...but after two more levels, he still doesn't evolve. If he doesn't evolve before Clair, I'm calling him a dead party member and permaboxing him. A waste of my Shadow Ball and Mud-Slap TMs, but that's just how it goes sometimes. I waited until Ice Path, and Hex didn't evolve, and since we're so close to the end, I'm just tossing him in the box. I could've raised up a Zubat or something. Oh well. As for Blackthorn City gym, lots of annoying paralysis and Dragon Rage shenanigans. Clair wasn't nearly as annoying because I actually landed Supersonics, at least until the third Dragonair happened and was a real annoyance. The Kingdra suffered a painful, Curse death because of Stalker. The poor fool didn't get to do a thing. Normally, this is the part where I get my badge, take my final berry, and be on my way, but because Clair is a sore loser, we have more to do, and that's to visit the Dragon's Den and get a useless item. Of course, because of the curse of limited bag space, I had to pass over a random hold item to someone so I can get the useless Dragon Fang, my badge, and a TM that totally has to do with Clair's breath.

Ok, so with three team members, one blue berry, and a boat that we will investigate, if the boat doesn't teleport me to some random room, it's time for the finale...next time.
    (Also if the boat doesn't teleport me to a room, I can only go one way, so it's back to Room 30)

The Team

haunter.png

Stalker (Haunter) Lv. 35 @ Smoke Ball (because I needed space)

tentacruel.png

Crueltenta (Tentacruel) Lv. 34 @ Amulet Coin
    Moves: Poison Sting, Supersonic, Surf, Icy Wind

venomoth.png

Koga (Venomoth) Lv. 35 @ Quick Claw
    Moves: Tackle, Stun Spore, Confusion, Supersonic

rip Hex, you should've evolved. I hate Rectangular Force mixed with Making Frankenstein and Cursed Ground.​

Years
    • Age 26
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 30, 2020
    Eolith's Adventure: Chapter 1

Current Curses:
    👉Light's End

Despite being late, I am raring and excited to get things going. As per the initial clause, I am limited to two options for my starter; Treecko and Mudkip. My natural affinity towards grass starters makes the choice fairly easy. Regardless of the choice, I knew the first gym (being Rock type) would be a cakewalk. And so it was. Having caught a Lotad on the way there, another grass (and water) type, made Roxanne no more of a challenge than your typical bug catcher. In fact, it took me longer to dispatch of the numerous Wurmple's already encountered.

However, this is only the start of the journey and things will start to turn sour, there will be hurdles to leap. But we will leap them. This is a ride I have firmly strapped myself into and am ready to be taken wherever it may lead.

Squad

Spr_4d_253.png

Willow lvl. 17
    Docile
    Fury Cutter | Pursuit
    Absorb | Quick Attack

Spr_4d_271.png

Hernan lvl. 15
    Naive
    Astonish | Growl
    Absorb | Nature Power

As for the next steps in the adventure, I would like to choose the last green berry and move to room 9.

Years

• BLISSYMKW STAYS ON THE BOAT
    It's nice here. Big, cozy and with undead servants. Who would want to leave anyway? Enjoy it here!

EOLITH IS GETTING THIRSTY
    He should get something to ease the thirst. New rule has been added, check your character on the map.

This section has few urns. And Demonic Overlord Janp is also here, but don't disturb him. After some investigating, Eolith finds handful of berries inside the urns:
    Bag_Lum_Berry_Sprite.png
    Bag_Lum_Berry_Sprite.png

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • Update #3 on Renegade Platinum.

Current Curses:
    Spoiler:

• After researching a bit, I decided to backtrack and catch a Nidoran♂ way back on Route 201 since it can learn good Fire moves.
    • Named him Rex then went back to Eterna City to check out the Galactic Building.
    • Fought my way to the top and took on Jupiter, who took a couple tries to defeat.
    • The Bike Shop Owner gifted me a Dawn Stone, which I immediately used to evolve Kimono into Froslass!
    • Moved down south and entered Wayward Cave, where Mira challenged me to a battle. She wasn't too difficult to beat, though.
    • Then she accompanied me around the cave and helped me train up Rex further, and he evolved into Nidorino.
    • I had a Moon Stone in my bag, so I immediately evolved Rex again into Nidoking!
    • After helping Mira find her way out of the cave, I headed to Mt Coronet, where Dawn was waiting with a battle.
    • She was tougher than I expected and took a couple tries to defeat.
    • Made my way though to Hearthome City, and on the way, Pirate evolved into Crawdaunt!
    • Took on the gym and defeated all the trainers inside, then challenged Fantina.
    • She defeated me, so I did a bit more grinding, then took her on again.
    • This time I was able to survive some of her attacks and take her down, mostly with Crawdaunt and Brimstone.

Screens:
    Spoiler:

Team Spook:
    034.png

Rex the Careful Nidoking, ♂ - L32
    Ability: Poison Point
    Moves: Poison Jab, Thrash, Shadow Claw, Double Kick
    229.png

Brimstone the Serious Houndoom, ♀ - L33
    Ability: Intimidate
    Moves: Fire Fang, Ember, Crunch, Thunder Fang
    478.png

Kimono the Relaxed Froslass, ♀ - L33
    Ability: Levitate
    Moves: Icy Wind, Thunder Wave, Avalanche, Shadow Ball
    342.png

Pirate the Adamant Crawdaunt, ♀ - L32
    Ability: Adaptability
    Moves: Aqua Jet, Night Slash, Crabhammer, Rock Slide
    292.png

Shadow the Hardy Shedinja - L32
    Ability: Wonder Guard
    Moves: Shadow Claw, Confuse Ray, X-Scissor, Shadow Sneak

Notable changes to these Pokemon in Renegade Platinum:
    Spoiler:

I will take a green and blue berry, then pick up the Poke Ball. Can I will wait for the update before moving? If not, then I'll continue up to 666.

Last edited:
    Back