• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Hardest B/W Pokemon to Catch?

Honest

Hi!
Years
  • To be honest, NONE of them were a pain. I'm pretty proud of myself to say this, but I've caught EVERY Pokemon with a Pokeball. Yes, that includes Zekrom, Cobalion, the other two, Kyurem, and Volcarona. You're probably thinking that I must've stood there all day, but actually, I caught the majority of them with on 1HP, and it was Volcarona and Kyurem I paralyzed. If I had to choose one, though, it'd be the ground counterpart to Cobalian (forgot his name). Out of 56 Pokeballs, I used around 45. D=

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I've been told that Victini is the hardest to catch out of any Pokemon in the game. Sometimes it takes about 15 ultra balls just to get it.

iRoyBoy

Is the definition of yaoi
    Years
  • I caught Cobalion on the first try, it was Victini and Virision that gave me problems. I used a quick ball on Kyurem and got it on the first try.
    But the Sawk I ran into...damn did that thing ever fight. Metang's/Metagros are hard to catch to.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • Aaarghh... that.. wandering... thundercloud...dude...person. I waited at a route he never went to for like an hour. I was sad.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2023
    SIGILYPH.

That thing was so frustrating. First off, its one of the rarer pokemon in the desert resort, with only a ten percent chance of appearing. It took my like half an hour to find one. Finally, when i did find one, i put my game face on. I got it down to yellow and tossed a pokeball at it. No luck. Tossed another one, then a great ball. Nope. Even used two ultra balls. By this time, it was in the red due to the sandstorm. Thats when i really started to panic. I threw one of my three timer balls at it, and it escaped. Thats when i thought i had lost it. But it remained alive, with only a sliver of hp left. I flung one more timer ball, praying i would catch it. And finally, Sigilyph was mine.

>:)

Shinjiaoki94

Punk Leader
    Years
  • I tried and found that Karrablast is the hardest one... Sleep + 1 HP (False Swipe spam o_O) + 15 great balls
    X_X
    Btw, I think it simply bases on luck :P

j2y8n2x

Gothitelle iz naught imprezzed
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Mine was definitely Kyurem
    It kept killing and killing my Pokemon and it just won't get into the ball!

Years
  • Victini was a pain. Took over 40 pokeballs to catch.

(Yes. I one of those people who only use pokeballs.)

Yeah! Me too! (Except for Zekrom, 'cause he's special.)

I was gonna say Zekrom, but I caught him with only 1 Premier Ball. =P
    Victini was easy...

I guess I'm gonna have to explore more, 'cause nothing seems hard to capture yet.

Last edited:

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
  • Victini..That little thing is such a pain..1 hp(endure) + sleep ...still took 8 tries and 50+ ultra balls to catch...But it was worth it ;)

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
    Years
  • What about Volcarona people?? The thing is at Level 70, Has Quiver dance, the thing will most likely take our your team before ya catch it! (Kinda like Azelf in Gen IV.)

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I keep hearing on how easy it is to get Kyurem. I need to go catch this guy.

I haven't tried the legendaries yet but for some reason I had trouble catching a throh lmao

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    Im pretty sure Cobalion has the lowest catch rate in the game because it took over 10 dusk balls AFTER 20+ ultra balls and the initial quick ball when he had 1 HP with paralysis

What about Volcarona people?? The thing is at Level 70, Has Quiver dance, the thing will most likely take our your team before ya catch it! (Kinda like Azelf in Gen IV.)

yeah but i just killed it when I fought it cause you get a Larvesta Egg from a guy in game lol

Last edited:
    Years
  • I caught Cobalion, after like 3 Ultra balls. It wasn't even in red HP or anything. :/

Hardest B/W Pokemon to Catch?

Now, Virizion on the other hand, was a nightmare to catch. It died from W-o-W damage 3-4 times, and I accidentally Ko'd it a few times myself. All in all, I went through nearly 30 Ultra Balls and an hour or so trying get the damn thing. @_@

drew16

Fat Boy Swag
    Years
  • Victini was by far the hardest for me, i used 24 pokeballs,28 great balls, 12 timer balls, and 30 ultra. i saved my game before trying to catch it and i had to restart my game 3 times, cause i ran out of pokeballs!

Years
  • Mine was Kyurem (so far anyways). Took SO many retries cause it just kept struggling to death after a while. I haven't tried Victini yet (although it is apparently hard from what my friends say). Cobalion was pretty easy (2-3 Ultra Balls?), and I got a Crit Cap on Zekrom with an Ultra Ball.

Nameless.

Victini by far. If it wasn't for me saving in front of it, it would have gotten out of my grasp 10 times or more. I think I reset the game after failed attempts like 7 times. I had like 30 Pokeballs [not just basic ones] on hand, that little bugger in yellow-red HP, and it absolutely refused to stay in the ball ; no matter what kind I threw. At some points it was even asleep thanks to Sleep Powder from my Petilil, but it was not happening. I was about to give up until I threw my last freakin' Great Ball at the flaming bunny, and all of a sudden -- click. It decided to be caught on the 7th time I reset in the final Pokeball.

Overall, it took an hour and a half to capture. ]:

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    For me it would actually have to be Meinshao, I found a level 59 on the route next to white city, even after I got it's HP to red, it still took all my Ultra balls (around 30), and then once they were all gone I used a Great ball and it worked, first one. ;.;

Back