• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hardest Game Ever?

txteclipse

The Last
Years
  • Let's take this up a notch, shall we? Any of the Pokémon games with the "battle style" option switched to "set" and no items (except key items) allowed. No saving, either. Who's with me?

Tacogeddon

Pokemonidae
    Years
  • Kaizo Mario World and any other Super Mario World romhacks-from-hell designed to be so hard it becomes a cheesy gimmick.

IT'S AWESOME.

xXI JOE IXx

Sonny 2 flash game, on Heroic, Psychological, with no training fights or boss replays. Trickier than hell. Now, try it naked and with no party members. Pure f*cking evil.

Oh man, I played Sonny 1 and almost died :o

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Rondo of Swords. It's a stategy RPG for DS. It built so the Enemies are either tied with you or surpass you in strength.

Amulet Dream

has the Alice of Running Away.
    Years
  • Let's take this up a notch, shall we? Any of the Pokémon games with the "battle style" option switched to "set" and no items (except key items) allowed. No saving, either. Who's with me?

I definitely agree. No items=super hard.

...Having said that, the hardest game (for me) is Full Metal Alchemist-Dual Sympathy. The part where you have to go around in a circle, I do that, but I can't progress. Makes me think the game should be renamed Full Mental Alchemist. It's really making me go crazy! X.x

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • I haven't really played any games I was so stuck on I just gave up. I know I've struggled on games like FarCry 2 and RE5, but that's it.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Oh yeah. Attempting Big Boss rank on Metal Gear Solid (and I assume the same stuff on the later ones, though I haven't played those yet).
    Requirements:
    Under 3 hours completion
    Less than 25 kills (including bosses)
    Use one or zero rations
    No continues

Though technically the game itself isn't so tough, this particular challenge is very hard.

And whoever said "Pokemon with no items or saves and set," I lol'd. Not hard at all. It's an RPG; just level your Pokemon up and you'll be fine. Time investment has nothing to do with skill. Now if you included low-level or single-Pokemon, it would have been a different story. Those challenges are significantly tougher (though single-Pokemon by itself is hardly a challenge; it needs to be grouped with others).

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
  • God of War on God mode. stupid kratos clones >.>

Chaos on Dissidia is nuts! >.> *grinds some more*

hardest thing for me though, taiko drum masters on devil mode

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • The Hardest game that I'm never going to touch is a ROM which is called Kaizou Mario. Its a ROM based on Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2 or the original, I'm not going to play that game ever

:t354:TG

PKFL_531

What do you expect?
    Years
  • Hmm, this isn't older than 30 days, so I guess I can post.

---~~-~Back on Topic~-~~---

I believe Toontown Online's CEO boss is pretty hard. Unless you're in a good team, you'll probably die alone. I'm one of the people who can endure CEO's hits and sometimes, I'm in the CEO all alone because everybody else lost in it.

--~~~Backstory~~~--
    Toontown Online is an MMORPG, and you can die easily if you act like what they suggest you act like; carefree and happy. Every boss battle is progressively hard as heck, and that's why every boss is reccomended to have 8 players fight it at once. CEO is the final boss, so hence forth, everybody is serious about this.

Zippie

Bingo!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2010
    God Hand or Bucky O Hare. Bucky drove me insane as a kid.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Out of the games I've played, I'll say Xenophobe.
    fffff, it never seemed to end; I remember staying up nearly all night with my brother trying to beat that game and the stupid aliens wouldn't stop attacking after 9 WHOLE HOURS.
    There was no save option on these games either. ;w;
    I don't think it was actually possible to beat it now though... It probably just had endless rounds.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • You really wanna know what the hardest game is? Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde for NES. That game is freaking hard. You die. Immediately. You don't even get to do anything. Lightning strikes you and you're dead. Is that the game? Is that all? What a piece of crap.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • And let's not forget Ocarina of Time. You can actually get stuck in the Water Temple and have to start from the beginning. Damn.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • And let's not forget Ocarina of Time. You can actually get stuck in the Water Temple and have to start from the beginning. Damn.
    Oh come on, if you think OoT is hard, you must have never played... well, anything else. One game-breaking glitch (getting stuck in the water temple) and a few tough puzzles doesn't mean it's the hardest game ever.

Back