• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Hardest Legendary to catch?

Hardest Legendary to Catch?

• Palkia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Diagla

• Uxie

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Azelf

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Mesprit

Votes: 16 18.0%
  • Giratina

Votes: 15 16.9%
  • Heatran

Votes: 14 15.7%
  • Regigas

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Cresselia

Votes: 10 11.2%
  • Darkrai

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Shaymin

• Arceus

Votes: 13 14.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
  • GIRATINA. I tried to catch him at least ten times, each time getting him red and throwing ultra balls until he defeats all my pokemon or suicides using struggle. Eventually I gave up and used masterball... i could get enough from my emerald anyway, so wasn't a big loss.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I remember Heatran and Regigigas refusing to stay in the Dusk Balls and I had to use like 50 of them to catch them.

When it comes to the roaming Pokemon, the legendary birds in Platinum were much harder to catch than Mesprit or Cresellia because all three had Roost. I was livid when they used it on me and just imported Master Balls over from Leaf Green to catch the suckers.

UltimaSilva

Varsity Quarterback
    Years
  • I remember when I went to face Giratina in platinum i forgot to buy more ultra balls. So he was almost impossible to catch with only 5 ultra balls. I finally managed to do it though.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • Mesprit for me. I was never and probably never will be a good Roamer catcher.

xX13LoneWolf13Xx

The Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I found all the other legendary's easy to catch, except for Reggiggas, I found it the hardest because you had to acquire the 3 other pokemon before. But I eventually caught him! :D

Prime-

Monotype Fanatic
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2011
    Cresselia, as I used the MB on Mespirit so I could comfortably continue with the story. Even with a Gengar mean looking - she still refused to call it quits.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Heatran. Only because I went unprepared and only had 3 Ultra balls. Caught him with a Pokeball though.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    In my first playthrough of Pearl, Mesprit annoyed me so much I just decided to make it faint. xD

Nam

Years
  • Well to be honest I never caught many Legendaries, I guess I missed all the NDS events >< Except for Victini, I caught it... But it was hell easy. I have to say that the hardest for me has to have been the Nostalgic Mewtwo. Which I no longer have cause I never migrated pokemon... So now since I'd have to get a GBA to migrate pokemon I'm playing all games from gen IV and higher to migrate them all to my Pokemon Black.. Wow.. I jumped off topic there...

Yeah, Mewtwo. <3

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Heatran. I got it to low health and I kept throwing Ultra Balls. It went to the point that Heatran ran out of moves and used Struggle. Because of recoil, it killed itself. >:V

I eventually caught it though a second try.

vPHOTONv

Breeder/EV Trainer
    Years
  • Palkia, it was weak compared to most but I just could never get it.

But the hardest I ever faced was Entie, I tried so many times, on gold,silver and crystal never came close. I didn't know how to track to well either, when I ran across it, I never had a move to make it sleep or mean l

Years
  • Hiidoran, oh great Sky hiidoran (Heatran. Whatever.)
    If I calculated right, it took around 600 attempts (so glad I never saved after a round with it and just re-loaded) before we finally got him.

At one point it was at roughly 1-2 HP and frozen, but NO. I think that was a round where it struggled itself to death.
    And then one day it decided to just stay in an ultra ball, presumably to irritate me.

Zeroblivion

Brotherhood
    Years
  • Regigas was the hardest for me. It took me 1 hour and I decided to come back later. Then I forgotten where he is and it took me 1 hour too. Finally, I found him. THEN IT took me 20 Ultraballs, after that I decided to use my 2 Master Balls, and finally, I got him.

AcePokeCollector

On the hunt for new Pokemanz
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    What? Giratina and Heatran are easy-peasy to catch.

Cressellia was the hardest for me. Got it down to a sliver of red, cast hypnosis on it 60 times... took 80 high-level balls.

I voted for Mesprit though because I still haven't caught it. :paranoid:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back