• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Harry Potter chat

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    well, dumbledore did say that he didn't think mr. V could tell when his horcuxes had been destroyed didn't he?? and dumbledore is always right, so most likely, mr. V never found out about RAB's destruction of the locket.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    actually, i'm pretty sure it's mentioned that he's serius' brother in HBP when they're talking about karkarof being taken down after V's rise. they talk about how deserters (like regulus) get pwned.

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
  • pika-mew said:
    On a completely different subject, I scavenged the books for R.A.B. names, and look at this:
    R A B
    Regulus A. Black

*shrugs* Anything is possible...

I think...if I remeber right. Back in the 5th book. Harry and friends were cleaning out Blacks house and they found a Locket.

Do you think that my have been Voldemont's locket Horcrux? Haunted by the past.

asuka

Web Master. Nuff said.
    Years
  • charizard_maa said:
    I think...if I remeber right. Back in the 5th book. Harry and friends were cleaning out Blacks house and they found a Locket.

That's a good theory, methinks. That would also go with the Regulus Black theory, since it was in his mother's house ~_^ But... Wouldn't Dumbledore have sensed such an evil presence... I mean, he was in that house an awful lot, and there is the off chance that RAB never did get the chance to destroy/remove Voldemort's soul from the locket.

(A little note: When JKR was asked if Regulus was a possible RAB, she merely stated "That would be a... Good guess.")

Also, does anyone (By some off chance) remember the first name of Mr. Borgin from Borgin & Burkes? *Racks brain for other HP last names that begin with B* Nah, coming up blank.

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
  • asuka said:
    That's a good theory, methinks. That would also go with the Regulus Black theory, since it was in his mother's house ~_^ But... Wouldn't Dumbledore have sensed such an evil presence... I mean, he was in that house an awful lot, and there is the off chance that RAB never did get the chance to destroy/remove Voldemort's soul from the locket.

(A little note: When JKR was asked if Regulus was a possible RAB, she merely stated "That would be a... Good guess.")

Also, does anyone (By some off chance) remember the first name of Mr. Borgin from Borgin & Burkes? *Racks brain for other HP last names that begin with B* Nah, coming up blank.

But then the question needs to be asked: How does Dumbledore finds the Voldemont's Horcruxs? It took him months or even years to find two. He didn't know the locket was fake eirther when he and Harry got their.

Then maybe? It some other RAB and JKR is just making us think until the next book.

Harry Potter's Cyber fan

Hunting for Harry Potter
    Years
  • Theory

I and my friend Sylph thought of a theory.
    That maybe Dumbledore and Severus Snape have already went to that cave together, and that maybe that's the reason that Dumbledore has trusted Snape so much, because he, snape, helped him.
    We thought of that because when Dumbledore was hurt and week he wanted Snape to cure him, because maybe Snape already cured Dumbledore with the same case.
    What do you all think?
    And another ting, maybe dumbledore wanted to train Harry to shoo him what awaits him in the others Horcruxs.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    you think dumbledore and snape went to the cave? i find that hard to believe, because dumbledore probably wouldn't have wanted to put harry (and himself for that matter) in so much danger if he already knew what was going to be there. his hand injury wasn't from a visit to the cave, it was because of dealing with the ring... though maybe snape was aware of the horcruxes and wanted to hunt them down. i don't know. but i doubt very much if dumbledore would have been willing to die for the purpose of giving harry training. though it could happen i suppose.

Dream Illusionist

//Teenager with S.T.Y.L.E.//
    Years
  • To better explain our theory... (You explained it too much in a nutshell, Harry Potter's Cyber Fan)

Anyways, I meant:

Dumbledore had went to the cave before (accompanied by someone?), and had discovered what lied in it. He had drank the potion before, making Snape knowing in the event written in the book what to do, as he had done it before.
    And... Dumbledore couldn't know that the school would be attacked during that night, so he didn't think it would be that dangerous, and, making Harry make him drinkl the potion, would be for Harry to understand that in order to proceed with this task, he might have to do things that are not correct, and might sacrifice himself or others (if they tell him to) (Example: Ron asking Harry to leave him behind while fighting Inferi).

What do you think?

Last edited:

Amy-chan

Has vacated the premises
    Years
  • charizard_maa said:

*gasps* You're right! Why didn't I notice it before? What did it say? What did it say? *searches frantically in OOP*

Here it is, on page 116:
    a heavy locket that none of them could open...

Harry Potter's Cyber fan

Hunting for Harry Potter
    Years
  • Well... I don't think that Voldmort only would put one spell, don't you remember the ring and the cave, only one spell... I don't think so.
    And in black's house...why would he, I mean I know that Sirius' brother was a death eater, bur even so I don't think that voldmort had such trust in him, don't forget that he was Keeled by voldmort

Last edited:

Dream Illusionist

//Teenager with S.T.Y.L.E.//
    Years
  • No, but RAB might have put that spell. Or then, just that spell anyways ;)
    ANd besides, that might have been the reason he was killed: He was a spy, infiltrated in the Death Eater gang, and Voldemort disovered him, killing him.
    But Regulus had found about the lockets, from maybe a private conversation, and stole the locket from the cave.

TheOnly

The Random Repper....
    Years
  • R.A.B's indentity possibly confirmed
    The Harry Potter Lexicon has Regulus Arcturus Black <--

The middle name is defined as "the fourth brightest star in the sky and the brightest star in the constellation Bo?tes, approximately 36 light-years from Earth."
    Posted by Andrew on 08/29 | comments [1155] | send to friend

From mugglenet.com

RAB is Reagulus Arctutus Black

Back