• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Harry Potter Discussion Thread

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I've seen all the movies at least 6 times by now, and I'm really looking forward to seeing Half-Blood Prince. :3 In fact, I've been rather hyped about it since the last one released, because I loved the 6th book. xD I'm going to see it on the 16th with some friends, since I figure getting tickets on the 15th will be hard to do around here.

Can't. freaking. wait.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Ugh, I can't even fathom the actual number of times I've watched the previous five movies in the series.

I am trying to see the sixth film on the midnight release, but I have no idea if that'll actually happen. XD

Years
    OMG I am so excited that this is finally out. ^^ I'm tired of reading all the books 3465237 times

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Hopefully.

I've seen all of them in theaters and at home multiple times,s o I better see it, lol.

wee187

Beat 358/2 Days on 10/5/09
    Years
    Honestly, who doesn't like HP.

I'll be seeing it Wednesday o' course, but I was angry when I downloaded a legit-looking DVDRip of the thing(cause it's out in Britain already) and found it was just some Trojan. Can't waaaaait, though I have no idea why they're adding in the Borrow Attack scene, which definitely was NOT in the book, I hope it doesn't confuse readers of the book... we'll see, no? =)

Though, it's confirmed that Tonks, Lupin, Bill, Fleur, Dobby, Kreature, Trelawney, and the Dursleys have all been CUT from the movie itself. >=( The two-part movie of 7 better have EVERYTHING in it for a change when they finish making it.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Lupin and Tonks are in the Burrow Attack scene. So I don't see how cut characters can appear if that's so...

Along with that, I don't like that they cut out a certain someone's funeral (in case some people STILL haven't read or heard). I seriously am disappointed because that's an important event for the seventh book. :/

wee187

Years
    Oh, maybe my sources are wrong then.

My God, they cut that scene!? Oh my god... Oh my god... WHAT THE HELL? DX

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2014
    Lupin and Tonks are in the Burrow Attack scene. So I don't see how cut characters can appear if that's so...

Along with that, I don't like that they cut out a certain someone's funeral (in case some people STILL haven't read or heard). I seriously am disappointed because that's an important event for the seventh book. :/

O_o how did u find this out? What was ur source

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    David Heyman interview said:
    As you know, Half-Blood Prince screenings were recently held in Chicago, which has given fans an idea what to expect come July 2009. Many were shocked to see the omission of the Battle at Hogwarts and [character]'s funeral. Can you explain why these scenes were left out?

DAVID HEYMAN: The reason why we left out the Battle at Hogwarts is because we have a battle at Hogwarts in the Seventh film and we are avoiding repetition. [Character]'s funeral was something that I really loved and is a fantastic part of the book and part of me would have loved it in the film. But we decided that while we loved it that what we came up with was the right ending for the film that we had made.

Heyman is the producer of the film, I believe. But it's been around for awhile that they weren't including it. It just seems like a mistake to me, but there's no chance of them including it now.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2014
    Speaking of the film, I am extremely excited for the new one coming out. However, I still need to see the fifth..D:
    You wont really be missing much...

Heyman is the producer of the film, I believe. But it's been around for awhile that they weren't including it. It just seems like a mistake to me, but there's no chance of them including it now.
    Heyman is a retard. What about the elder wand?

wee187

Years
    I can't. :( Wish I could, but at least I have tickets. We bought them today(my family and I) for tomorrow at 7PM, and we were damn near the last ones before they sold out for tomorrow. I feel sorry for the people who think they'll be fine if they buy them at the door... because they won't be seeing, lol.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    I'm so psyched, seeing Half Blood Prince tonight.
    The first three sessions sold out like straight awayish here o.o

Years
    I live in Australia and went today to see the first screening from 9:30am till 12:13pm. It was the funniest and best Harry potter movie made. The movie was presented well but there was a few scenes I wish were added and 1 scene done better (kiss scene SPOILER!!). Other then that the best so far. The movies were soooo packed. I'm the biggest Harry Potter freak!!!!

Jweeson

Pokemon Aficianado
    Years
    I went to the midnight show, and was shocked to see people who I refuse to believe are Harry Potter fans there. I don't treat midnight shows as social occasions, I treat them as a time for fans to see it.

And personally I didn't like it. It left out too many details about Horocruxes, and many other things. They even left out someone's memory. I just can't believe people that have read the books would even say it was amazing.

Back