• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Harvest Moon

ChildishEnvyx3

r-r-rawr?! ♥
    Years
    Just wanted to see who else loves this game. I have had it on almost every console.

Just got Rune Factory and Harvest Moon DS - finished Rune Factory rather quickly and made Sam buy it, too :P

Harvest Moon DS is going to take me awhile though, some of those Sprites are hard!

Rose

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    I love Harvest moon! I still play Harvest Moon: A wonderful life one for the gamecube
    I'm still stuck in year two with my kid's birthday, and like 5 cows and some 10 ducks :O (i dont wanna sell um)

The game is older, but I still love playing it, Trying to unlock those expensive rooms and such, and just have "a wonderful life" :D

Jonbo

The Sunflora Savior
    Years
    Ive got magical melody for the game cube, that is probably my favorite one.

How is Rune Factory, worth getting?

Years
    A couple years ago I was addicted to HM: Mineral Town for the GBA. I never got as far to get married because my friend deleted all my data, and I never got back into it.I play it off and on nowadays, though.

ChildishEnvyx3

r-r-rawr?! ♥
    Years
    Ive got magical melody for the game cube, that is probably my favorite one.

How is Rune Factory, worth getting?

Definitely worth getting. You can take it at your own pace, if you want to spend 40 years doing the first cave/plot point then you can.

Marriage in RF however isn't really, "in depth" :S once you get married she never leaves the house, she's like a statue until she pops your kid out one day. Then she's a statue with a kid who also never grows up or does anything :3

Rose

I love Harvest moon! I still play Harvest Moon: A wonderful life one for the gamecube
    I'm still stuck in year two with my kid's birthday, and like 5 cows and some 10 ducks :O (i dont wanna sell um)

The game is older, but I still love playing it, Trying to unlock those expensive rooms and such, and just have "a wonderful life" :D

I imported that game, I wanted it that bad! Man, that's the most use my GC has ever had. Once I got the seed maker and upped the stats of my banana seeds I was rollin' in the green.

I think it's sad how each season only has 10 days though >:3

Rose

A couple years ago I was addicted to HM: Mineral Town for the GBA. I never got as far to get married because my friend deleted all my data, and I never got back into it.I play it off and on nowadays, though.

o0o0o, never invested in that. How is/was it? It's compatible with uhm, HM DS I hear, so I might look into it!

Rose

Last edited:

Denuo

Samuel » Casual Collector
    Years
    Indeed she did get me hooked on Rune Factory, until I picked up Diamond, haha. I like it but, I'm just bad at it :)

Sam

Natalie♥

Not even the sky is the limit
    Years
    I'm still trying to beat Harvest Monn: Another Wonderful Life. I'm in maybe year 7, my kid is probably 16 and I've got gray hair. And I have all of the Harvest Moon games too.

Years
    • Age 118
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    I love harvest moon games. Fave is HMFMT.
    I have about 120k. Not doing to bad.good part is if you lose all your money in the horse races you can make it all back again

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I remember playing a Harvest Moon game for the Nintendo 64. It was pretty cool. I've never really gotten into the series though. Animal Crossing is basically Harvest, but different. That's what I play.

ChildishEnvyx3

r-r-rawr?! ♥
    Years
    I remember playing a Harvest Moon game for the Nintendo 64. It was pretty cool. I've never really gotten into the series though. Animal Crossing is basically Harvest, but different. That's what I play.

True, I play Animal Crossing, too. I kinda got bored with it, I only ever seen the town at night because that's the only free time I had :(

Rose

I love harvest moon games. Fave is HMFMT.
    I have about 120k. Not doing to bad.good part is if you lose all your money in the horse races you can make it all back again

How is HM FoMT? I wanted it, to link with HM DS but if it's not good I won't ^^

Opinion needed!

Rose

I'm still trying to beat Harvest Monn: Another Wonderful Life. I'm in maybe year 7, my kid is probably 16 and I've got gray hair. And I have all of the Harvest Moon games too.

He dies so early :(

You can be a girl in Another Wonderful Life? I only ever got A Wonderful Life and I had to import that >.<

Rose

Last edited:
    Years
    Friends of Mineral Town is great. Very open ended and not much pressure (except for girls). I'm not sure if it is compatible with Harvest Moon DS but I do know that it will work on the DS for just playing it.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I was a fan of the Harvest Moon series ever since the first game for the GameBoy. (I'm talking the old gray brick from 1993.) I haven't played all of the games, only a select few.

My favorite, however, is Magical Melody for the GameCube. I love the Harvest Sprites orchestra when new notes are collected, and I just love collecting the notes. It's great to see what task you have to fulfill to get a new note. Plus, making friends with the townies is one of my favorite parts of the game.

I would rank A Wonderful Life high, but my main problem with it is that it's so limited on what you can do in the game. Once the chores are done, there's not much left to do. (Mine? The mine only had one level. >>) In Magical Melody, however, I was hoping for longer days because of how much there was to do.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    True, I play Animal Crossing, too. I kinda got bored with it, I only ever seen the town at night because that's the only free time I had

Ugh, that's one thing that..always made me sad. I'd miss so much when at school.

Harvest Moon isn't like that, right? I can't remember.

ChildishEnvyx3

r-r-rawr?! ♥
    Years
    Ugh, that's one thing that..always made me sad. I'd miss so much when at school.

Harvest Moon isn't like that, right? I can't remember.

Nah, thankfully Harvest Moon isn't like that. I used to change the time on Animal Crossing, :laugh: so I could see the day and stuff. Man, good times ;')

Rose

Karen, the alchy. I had such as a crush on her when I was like 10 or 11.

ME TOO! Her or Elli I loveddddd. Muffy in A Wonderful Life. What is it with me and alchos? :P

Rose

I was a fan of the Harvest Moon series ever since the first game for the GameBoy. (I'm talking the old gray brick from 1993.) I haven't played all of the games, only a select few.

My favorite, however, is Magical Melody for the GameCube. I love the Harvest Sprites orchestra when new notes are collected, and I just love collecting the notes. It's great to see what task you have to fulfill to get a new note. Plus, making friends with the townies is one of my favorite parts of the game.

I would rank A Wonderful Life high, but my main problem with it is that it's so limited on what you can do in the game. Once the chores are done, there's not much left to do. (Mine? The mine only had one level. >>) In Magical Melody, however, I was hoping for longer days because of how much there was to do.

o0o0o, I haven't played the "find the sprite rescue blah blah" Harvest Moon games, I've only played the "save the farm and get married, pop out a billion kids aw game ends" games. SNES, Gameboy, Playstation, N64, Gamecube, and now DS.

Do you think the multi-tasking of farm chores and other tasks is better than just farming? I find it hard to plan my time :( and end up fainting of fatigue or whatever that's called in HM :laugh:

Rose

Last edited:

Hotaru

Nostalgia Strikes Again
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2011
    I love the Harvest Moon game series. I started playing near the time I started Pokemon, 1999. It's actually stuck with me a lot longer than Pokemon. I still play it when I have the time.

My first game was the 64 version. I loved it so much that I bought Back to Nature before I owned a Playstation. After that came GBC3, Save the Homeland, and A Wonderful Life: Special Edition. I haven't played any of the newer generation, but I'm planning on getting the newly-released Innocent Life Pure for the PS2 soon.

My favorite lies in between 64 and BtN. Just can't beat the classics. :]

Years
    Wow harvest moon!

I only ever played A Wonderful Life, simply because of the graphics, I started playing it on the GBA and it never really got me hooked, didn't really feel real enough for me.

But omg AWL got me hooked for ages, i played it regularly until I sold my gamecube D: . One reason I would buy a gamecube again is AWL.

I know there is a Wii version that will eventually get released in Europe, and I can't wait for it :D.

Back