• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2020
    Ok so I'm trying for a shiny axew and I'm about two boxes in. I'm breeding it with a Japanese ditto. Now if I switch the axew I'm using to another, will that ruin anything?

Years
    currently hatched 200 eggs attempting to get a shiny munchlax.... cant say im not a lil upset but must continue grindin away... hopefully ill get one soon... t

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Ok so I'm trying for a shiny axew and I'm about two boxes in. I'm breeding it with a Japanese ditto. Now if I switch the axew I'm using to another, will that ruin anything?
    No it won't affect it. By that reasoning though, why are you switching Axews?

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2015
    210 charmender (7 full boxes) and not a shiny yet ;) now I think I'm gonna go to the safari friend zone looking for charmeleon...do someone know the probability of finding a shiny in the friend safari?

Years
    The probability seems quite random though maybe a little bit higher than normal, but I couldn't be sure since I'm been only chasing shinies in the safari.

Like the Masuda method, it relies on luck, mostly.

I've been messing around the safari for a few days now, and managed to catch a few shinies, most of the time it can take an hour or two if you're lucky, or even 5 minutes, other times it can take quite a while... it depends.

Caiustheblack

Breeder for the sake of it.
    Years
    210 charmender (7 full boxes) and not a shiny yet ;) now I think I'm gonna go to the safari friend zone looking for charmeleon...do someone know the probability of finding a shiny in the friend safari?
    1 shiny each 300-350 encounters (personal experience) o about 1/1000 for a charmeleon specifically (not like i would throw shiny magmar or slugma away XD)

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2015
    I get 3 shinies per day in friend safari i think its much higher chance :)
    I once got shiny octillery and shiny frogadier in 10 mins in friend safari :D I was just checking out what type safari has.

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2013
    +1 to safari idea, I hatched 600 charmaner eggs and then got over that, went to the safari and got a shiny charmeleon in 2 hrs.

Years
    +1 to safari idea, I hatched 600 charmaner eggs and then got over that, went to the safari and got a shiny charmeleon in 2 hrs.

Friend safari is good for shinys but it's dependant on having peoples friend codes then hopefully their safari will be the right type as well as having the pokemon you want in shiny.

I'm sticking to masuda method still atm as it means I can breed a 5 perfect IV stat shiny thanks to destiny knot. Were as friend safari only guarantees a minimum of 2 perfect IV stats.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2013
    1500ish eggs hatched now for shiny honedge... Still nothing I want to cry lol. I feel like I will never get it. Maybe its because I'm using an everstone and a destiny knot.. I'm definitely doing it with a Japanese Pokemon and a Pokemon from my game.. So I know its correct. I'll never do this again Poke god just please give me this one shiny!

Years
    1500ish eggs hatched now for shiny honedge... Still nothing I want to cry lol. I feel like I will never get it. Maybe its because I'm using an everstone and a destiny knot.. I'm definitely doing it with a Japanese Pokemon and a Pokemon from my game.. So I know its correct. I'll never do this again Poke god just please give me this one shiny!

Keep at it you'll get it eventually and it will be worth the wait :). Don't worry about using destiny knot and everstone they do not effect the rate of getting a shiny as I've bred 6 shinys now and the parents had the everstone and destiny knot equipped.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2013
    Ah okay, that's what I thought. And @Threelibras, I had 3 boxes of Masuda Honedge eggs and no luck either.

Not trying to be rude or anything.. but 3 boxes lol!... I start on box 13 and go to box 31 and then I have to delete each box 1 by one so I can fill them up again.. Rinse and repeat a few times now.

auraginx

Canadian Bacon
    Years
    I know 3 boxes isn't really that much related to shiny hatching but a few of my friends got them within 50 eggs, actually even 10, and others 3-5 boxes... while some people as many as 20+. I was simply stating my experience, so far on this game. I have run into a Shiny Swablu but (regrettably) traded it for a couple of Pokemon I needed for breeding. Other than that I haven't really been worried about Shinies, just working on getting the dudes I need for my team with good IVs and whatnot. I'm going to get into shinies once I get a solid team made.

Back