• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

Caiustheblack

Breeder for the sake of it.
Years
  • Not trying to be rude or anything.. but 3 boxes lol!... I start on box 13 and go to box 31 and then I have to delete each box 1 by one so I can fill them up again.. Rinse and repeat a few times now.
    What this guy said. The most frustrating part is deleting :) wish they got an option to delete a full box..... by the way: 650 scyther and ongoing (im hunting for a male scizor so chanches are even lower....XD)

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    330 hatched Eevee eggs and still no shiny. This is so slow...
    I entertain myself by watching Dr. Who at the same time; I think I'd die of boredome otherwise. Xp

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2015
    I've got about ten boxes of eevee. I am mating a Japanese Eevee and a Canadian Eevee together one holding an everstone. Sigh it'll be so worth it in the end so I can have a blue and pink sylveon but I hate how long it takes. You just start wondering if you'll ever get it or be unlucky. >.> I just want one shiny.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2015
    +1 to safari idea, I hatched 600 charmaner eggs and then got over that, went to the safari and got a shiny charmeleon in 2 hrs.

Ok..friend safari is absolutely the best way to get a shiny...yesterday after 8 full boxes of non-shiny charmender, I went to the safari and in 5 hours (not consequently) I succeeded in getting a shiny pansear and a shiny braxie ;) now I'm waiting for my shiny charmeleon ;)

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2014
    I used the MM yesterday for a few hours to try and find a shiny Petilil and after 112 eggs I got it! Was really getting bored, but my stubbornness wouldn't allow me to quit and I'm glad I didn't.

I was trying for a shiny in the FS for about 4 hours and had no luck, so I tried MM and it paid off!

JDJ

Vulpix Breeder, Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • NH
    • Seen Nov 19, 2015
    750 Eggs. Exhausting. And my Shiny Vulpix didnt even get Drought... :/ bittersweet but still worth it i guess.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Started my shiny hunt today. Going for a torchic that I could use for the battle maison. I'm at 79 right now, and I'm not stopping until I get that orange chicken, even if it takes over 1000!

Years
  • Started my shiny hunt today. Going for a torchic that I could use for the battle maison. I'm at 79 right now, and I'm not stopping until I get that orange chicken, even if it takes over 1000!

Good luck to you :), just don't give up as some people get to around 200-300 eggs then quit even though hatching the shiny could have been in the next batch had they carried on.

Years
  • hey guys i need some insight please :p will masuda method work with a portugese pokemon and a japanese pokemon if my game is english? or does one of the pokemon need to be english. I just hatched a shiny Pinsir and it's given me the confidence to do more! :)

Years
  • hey guys i need some insight please :p will masuda method work with a portugese pokemon and a japanese pokemon if my game is english? or does one of the pokemon need to be english. I just hatched a shiny Pinsir and it's given me the confidence to do more! :)

It is more conventional to use a foreign pokemon with one from your own game but as long as both parents are from different country's then the masuda method will work.

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2014
    It is more conventional to use a foreign pokemon with one from your own game but as long as both parents are from different country's then the masuda method will work.

so does that mean i could breed like a ditto from my game and, for example, an eevee from another european country or america and this method would still work? sorry this is probably a stupid question but i dont really know much about this >.<

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2014
    I just started breeding for shiny Eevees (their eggs take notoriously long time to hatch) last night. I have hatched 6 Eggs so far and yet none of them has given me my coveted Shiny Eevee. :(
    So, quick question, has anybody tried the Masuda Method in Pokemon X/Y and obtained a Shiny yet? And how many eggs did it take for you to hatch your shiny Pokemon? I think I'm gonna stop with the Eevees for now, time to try out something else that's easier :(

Hi there! I have hatched two shiny pokemon using the Masuda Method. Don't give up! I had to hatch almost 300 Charmanders before I got a shiny, and almost 200 Gastlys.

The best, fastest way I can tell you to breed/hatch is carry around one Pokemon with Flame Body (decreases hatching time). Talonflame is a good candidate since you can get it pretty early in the game. It's mid-evo (I forget the name) also can have Flame Body. I breed/hatch while watching tv or something and just run a straight line from the city fountain all the way past the day care and to the entrace of the Zubat Roost cave and back again.

Keep an eye on the Day Care Man; you can save yourself a bit of time and useless dialogue if you see which way he is facing before you talk to him. If he is facing the fence, there is no egg for you to pick up. If he is facing down towards the Route, there is an egg waiting for you! I usually run around with my Flame Body pokemon and 3 eggs, and pick up new eggs as they are available. If I am lucky, by the time the next egg is ready one of mine have already hatched. The key is, for me, to get as many eggs ASAP. I worry about hatching them all later. So if my team is full I'll deposit one or two eggs into the PC so I always have room to pick up yet another egg from the DCM. Never miss an opportunity to pick up an egg, even if it means having to put some in the PC. (I set a box aside and put one hatched baby in it so I know what kind of eggs are being stored)

With the Masuda Method, keep in mind if you have terrible luck it may take a while. The precise chance of getting a shiny this way is very close to 1 in 1,400 (it's 1,300 and change I forget exactly). You will get it before you hatch 1,400 eggs, but the chances are slim you'll get it in your first 10 or 20 or 50. Me and my friend were both after the shiny Charmander (it was for him, I didn't want one!) and he hatched over 500 eggs with no luck compared to my 300. Just line up a bunch of tv shows to watch and good luck!

Sorry, long post. I did tons of research on breeding and I'd like to share what I learned! GOOD LUCK!!

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
    Years
  • Will The masuda method work if I have an English ditto from Usa and an EU pokemon from my own(both english)? Because in gen v it was language based(except for ingame trades). What if the pokemon is from the same region example Brittich ditto and german ditto?

Back