• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2014
    Where do you get Hatching O-Power? I looked around and visited all the hotels on my travels but I never got that one and I sure could use it!

Garlana

The boy who never grew up.
    Years
  • I'm at about 1200-1300 pinsirs, I've taken my foot off the peddle as I was really going for it last week, I know it will happen eventually...

Caiustheblack

Breeder for the sake of it.
    Years
  • Where do you get Hatching O-Power? I looked around and visited all the hotels on my travels but I never got that one and I sure could use it!

Serebii has it all in its O Powers page. Just rememberBefore unlocking the pink man giving out the hatching power you will need to have unlocked all the others

BossBattle

Legend Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2013
    Stay strong and keep pushing forward fellow hunters! You will get your shiny!

Here are the results from my hunts to provide more perspective for those that are feeling uneasy about their MM setup:
    I hunted for a shiny Furfrou and Beldum so far, and was successful.

For Furfrou I had:
    Parent A: Ditto (JPN)
    -Nature: Mild
    -Held Item: None
    Parent B: Furfrou (ENG) [Female]
    -Nature: Impish
    -Held Item: Everstone
    ~ After a painful 1150 eggs later ~
    Shiny Child: Furfrou (ENG) [Male]
    -Nature: Impish

For Beldum I had:
    Parent A: Ditto (JPN)
    -Nature: Mild
    -Held Item: Destiny Knot
    Parent B: Beldum (ENG)
    -Nature: Jolly
    -Held Item: Everstone
    ~ After 632 eggs later ~
    Shiny Child: Beldum (ENG)
    -Nature: Jolly

So fear not! As you can see from my Beldum results, the Destiny Knot and Everstone will not skew your chances (well at least not skew it too ridiculously imo, if at all).

Good luck everyone. Your shiny will hatch[FONT=&quot]–[/FONT][FONT=&quot]–[/FONT]you just have to keep hatching!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Serebii has it all in its O Powers page. Just rememberBefore unlocking the pink man giving out the hatching power you will need to have unlocked all the others

You will also need high/max style points in lumiose city before he will show up. Getting style points Is not hard but it can take a while, just make sure to do everything in lumiose city and if you still don't have max style points go to the pokeball store and keep buying quick balls one at a time as that will slowly raise your style points up.

BossBattle

Legend Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2013
    So...

Greninja (F) with Protean and Adamant nature
    Held Item: Everstone

+

Japanese Ditto with a Bashful nature

... many Eggs later.

=

Shiny Froakie with Protean OR Shiny Froakie with Torrent.​

Is that pretty much the formula?

Or can it be male? I'm new to breeding so excuse my noobness :)

Yep, you got it.
    Both Froakies are also guaranteed to be Adamant with the Everstone placement you have. Unfortunately (or fortunately), the gender will still be affected by the species gender ratio no matter what item your parents are holding that I know of.

Also, I believe I heard the possibility for a female to pass down her HA to the child is at/around 80%. Though I'm not sure of the pairings (Female & Male of the species, and/or Female & Ditto) to achieve this probability. Regardless, the females should have a higher chance than the males do for passing on the HA.

Good Luck with your hunt!

Years
  • Finally after 485 eggs:

f3sYEbJ.jpg

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    1,700 eggs and haven't gotten the shiny Electrike. Not gonna lie I am dissapointed that I haven't gotten the shiny yet, but that's how luck is sometimes so I just hope I get it soon.

Garlana

The boy who never grew up.
    Years
  • SOOOOOOOOO, after just a few eggs (around 1400ish) I finally got a SHINY PINSIR,
    Adamant, 4 max IVS HP/ATT/SpD/SPE
    Unfortunately it ended up with 'Hyper Cutter' and not 'Moxie' that I had my fingers crossed for, however its still a great outcome!

Thank you everyone for your support...I got there in the end.

Below is just a sneak peak of the new bug:

yxKwCSG.jpg

Pokemount

Hello
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2013
    Did my first Masuda Method earlier today and got a shiny Deino on my 25th egg :)

Caiustheblack

Years
  • SOOOOOOOOO, after just a few eggs (around 1400ish) I finally got a SHINY PINSIR,
    Unfortunately it ended up with 'Hyper Cutter' and not 'Moxie' that I had my fingers crossed for, however its still a great outcome!

Congrats!
    I am proudly using your breeding leftovers in order to get one myself..... If it hatches with 5 ivs , it will be my friggin' choiche megastone pokemon(pinsir is my fav from gen 1 too i ve beaten the E4 with a level 80 regular pinsir.... still have to figure out a badass Aerilate build hahah)

Years

Below is just a sneak peak of the new bug:

yxKwCSG.jpg

Congrats :) Glad you got there in the end. It looks awesome, I think I may have to try for one of those after my shiny gastly.

James

Make it double!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2017
    I'm at 335 for my quest of the shiny eevee, and its getting harder for me to keep going. Exspecially when I have a team of shinies to get trained up.

Caiustheblack

Years
  • I got a shiny Adamant moxie pinsir in about 600 eggs....
    I was kinda sad it was a female but when i checked... it had 5 perfect ivs!

Back