• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
  • Hatched a perfect, female Sandshrew at work today... and that was using Destiny Knot on my Japanese Delphox with only 4 IVs.

EDIT: Previous female had 5 IVs, and has now been replaced with her baby.

I have great hope that when/if I do eventually hatch a shiny, that it will have at least 3 IVs of note :)

Omg this is taking forever! Literally been doing this a month and am almost at 800. >.> I know that's not as many as some of you though. Ugh I just start doubting the everstone but I want to make sure I get a modest nature for shiny sylveon.
    I know you already got your shiny, but the Everstone should be absolute for passing down the nature.

Last edited:

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    I had a low egg-spawning ratio when I was breeding Chespin to give to a friend as well. Starters must have a low rate on purpose. I guess I should consider myself lucky for getting a Fennekin with 4 IVs from Wonder Trade ^^

it's not that bad, i usually get an egg to hatch while waiting for more to show

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
    Years
  • I got my shiny Scatterbug after about a week and a half of hatching. I didn't keep track of how many eggs it took, but my guesstimate is over 400. So now I have a shiny female Icy Snow Vivillon named Bianca.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I got my shiny Scatterbug after about a week and a half of hatching. I didn't keep track of how many eggs it took, but my guesstimate is over 400. So now I have a shiny female Icy Snow Vivillon named Bianca.
    Is Snow Vivillon your region version? Or did you breed one from another trainer?

Caiustheblack

Breeder for the sake of it.
    Years
  • Is Snow Vivillon your region version? Or did you breed one from another trainer?
    The game has not been datamined yet but i bet there is a particular hex value for vivillon formes (like with dustox). Do you think such a thing could be inherited with breeding? It would look cool imho :)

Years
  • Just want to let you guys know that sometimes these things do go higher than 5 or so boxes but you can still shinies. I got my shiny Fennekin, but it took 51 boxes full. There is hope :)

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Still no shiny from Masuda, but I did stumble upon a shiny Roselia whilst using the Pokeradar between hatching eggs. I was actually chaining Ducklett and she broke my chain... so I'm not even sure if her being shiny was a result of the radar or not, or just actual, dumb luck :)

The game has not been datamined yet but i bet there is a particular hex value for vivillon formes (like with dustox). Do you think such a thing could be inherited with breeding? It would look cool imho :)
    It would make sense for it to be inherited by breeding.... it doesn't have anything to do with what region they grow up in, otherwise the Japanese Scatterbug I got from Wonder Trade would look like my USA one :)

Years
  • After hundreds (maybe more than a thousand, I didn't keep count) of eggs, I finally got my shiny Goomy!

Aaaah, I'm so happy! I love Goodra, so I wanted that Pokemon in my shiny team no matter what.

Have some pictures of this cutie :

Spoiler:

Isn't she the most adorkable thing ever? :D

Ps: For those that have hatched hundreds of eggs and that are losing hope, keep at it, and you shall eventually see the sparkles!

Last edited:

bluestars83

Your friendly neighborhood Ace Trainer :)
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 6, 2016
    I've hatched three shiny Pokemon via the Masuda Method now, but what i'm curious about still is the region of the pokemon that are being bred. Does anyone know if both Pokemon have to have a region tag? I mean I got my Charizard back when it was a Charmander via the gts, but it has no region tag, whereas the Charmander i'm breeding with has a Japan region tag. Are the odds a litle higher if both pokemon have a region tag or does it matter so long as one of them has a region tag?

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
    Years
  • Only one of them needs a region tag. Further, if they both have the same region tag, it won't work, even if both are foreign to your game.

bluestars83

Your friendly neighborhood Ace Trainer :)
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 6, 2016
    I knew they needed to be from different regions, i was just wondering if they both needed to have a tag. As neither of the Pokemon im breeding atm are from my game but only one of them has a tag. Hopefully my shiny Charmander will hatch soon enough, Pretty much at 400 eggs right now :( Fingers are crossed, lucky i got amazing patience haha

Years
  • I knew they needed to be from different regions, i was just wondering if they both needed to have a tag. As neither of the Pokemon im breeding atm are from my game but only one of them has a tag. Hopefully my shiny Charmander will hatch soon enough, Pretty much at 400 eggs right now :( Fingers are crossed, lucky i got amazing patience haha

I hatched three shinies from Masuda Method, and the parents were all from another region and my own game so don't worry, it works. :)

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Does anyone know if the odds oh hatching a shiny increase if BOTH your Pokemon are from different regions?

Example: I am in USA, and I happen to have a Pokemon with a SPA tag and another with JPN tag. Is that better than using one of those with my USA one?

Caiustheblack

Breeder for the sake of it.
    Years
  • Does anyone know if the odds oh hatching a shiny increase if BOTH your Pokemon are from different regions?

Example: I am in USA, and I happen to have a Pokemon with a SPA tag and another with JPN tag. Is that better than using one of those with my USA one?
    No. I d recommend using yours so you can control IVs egg moves nature a and such things ;)

Back