• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
Years
  • I've begun Masuda Methoding for a shiny Aron to use in my X version. This is my first time using this method so it feels pretty tedious. So far I've hatched about 75 eggs with no luck.
    I've decided to keep the Aron until the Pokémon Bank opens so I can wonder trade for some possible rares.

Years
  • Still going on the beldums, about 270 in and still no luck.. :/

I've decided to keep the Aron until the Pokémon Bank opens so I can wonder trade for some possible rares.

^ what i've decided to do with my beldums, gonna take ages though :(

arinceo

Eat, Sleep, Pokemon
    Years
  • ugh... i'm in the middle of my longest hunt yet. i'm going for a shiny woobat with it's hidden ability and i haven't even seen one even though i've hatched 2,690 eggs. i'm exhausted :(

i know for sure i'm just having terrible luck, but then there's that part of me that's like what the heck am i doing something wrong?? i AM breeding a female woobat from my own game with a male swablu from my y, which is an english game set to french, which i know DOES work because i've already gotten 3 shinies from it. i mean, they were all bred from a different pokemon but they were all french males from that game, and yes they all do have french language tags on them so YES i know it should work and that it is working, but.... gah why is my luck so horrible??

i've been going nonstop for 5 days now; my friend suggested that i take a break but i feel like if i do then it won't really make a difference, it'll just take longer in the end... grr. i really hope i get it before 3k because this is getting ridiculous and i literally am like physically exhausted omg

ghdfkjgdf!!! better go clear out my boxes and try some more... ;~;

So having a cartridge set to a different language works? Awesome, time to brush up on my German {XD}

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2016
    Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

58 EGGS!!
    and a shiny eevee 8D I thout this was going to take so much longer to get as my last 2 hatched shinys were a few hundred eggs. its only 2 ivs but i dont really care as i wasnt breeding for ivs xD Its timid with its HA x3

Last edited:

BossBattle

Legend Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2013
    Spoiler:

58 EGGS!!
    and a shiny eevee 8D I thout this was going to take so much longer to get as my last 2 hatched shinys were a few hundred eggs. its only 2 ivs but i dont really care as i wasnt breeding for ivs xD Its timid with its HA x3

Congrats! Shiny Eevee lookin' as cute as ever!

Now to update on my huntI've finally hatched my shiny Deino! Took around 300 eggs, and it's got 5x flawless IVs where it needed em'. Definitely happy with the hunt ending this soon, as I felt this might of take me several days to get. Gonna take a break from hunting, but might hunt again for a shiny Beldum with a different nature in the near future.

Good luck to all hunters out there still holding strong for their shiny!

Years
  • This one took forever... after pretty much a week of hatching eggs left and right when I had some time to myself, here's my new partner :

Finally got this little guy, I'm so happy!

He's adorable! <3

I might change the name though, since I didn't really look into it before getting him.

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2013
    It's been awhile since I needed to ask a question and this is probably a stupid one, but I was wondering has anyone here ever succeeded when switching out the parents? What I mean is say you hatch a pokemon that has better ivs then what you were using before and then switch that out with the previous non-foreign pokemon. Would that somehow mess with it? ~_~

I'm trying to get a Shiny Froakie and I switched out the previous female for another but it was offspring of the Foreign Male and Previous Female. I wanted to know because I don't want to be doing this for no reason.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I've gotten a shiny Eevee and a shiny (4 IV Jolly Iron Head <3) Gible!

The Gible was after only 20 eggs too and was unintentional, the Eevee took about 130 eggs.

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2013
    It's been awhile since I needed to ask a question and this is probably a stupid one, but I was wondering has anyone here ever succeeded when switching out the parents? What I mean is say you hatch a pokemon that has better ivs then what you were using before and then switch that out with the previous non-foreign pokemon. Would that somehow mess with it? ~_~

I'm trying to get a Shiny Froakie and I switched out the previous female for another but it was offspring of the Foreign Male and Previous Female. I wanted to know because I don't want to be doing this for no reason.

XD NVM. It totally works!!!

Got my shiny Froakie. Took 400 - 500 (wasn't keeping to much track). I'm guessing it's Sp.def is horrible since it's a 5 but don't care it's timid, protean, and has 31 Sp.A and Speed. :)

Years
  • Congrats to everyone who has had success! :) i got up to about 400 Beldum eggs and took a break.. currently just gathering a whole bunch eggs again now though, hopefully it comes soon :)

Nusdogg

6IV Shiny Master
    Years
  • Question!

I have a Pokerus Wartortle that is in the daycare with a Japanese Ditto to get a shiny Squirtle. Will the Masuda method still work with a Pokemon that has Pokerus?

EDIT: NVM! Just hatched a shiny Squirtle after 185 eggs!

Last edited:

Arrow

I'd like to be a tree :3
    Years
  • This shiny Eevee's killing me! I've on this hunt for about 2 months now and I've hatched 254 eggs (2 of those I decided to evolve). I really want my favorite Pokemon to be my first MM shiny, but this is seriously taking me ages. Guess what I've even started doing. Since I don't have an Eevee Friend Safari, I go to Route 10 and look for a RE shiny while hatching eggs. It's like killing two birds with one stone. :P

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    You can't hatch many eggs a day then. I fill a box only after about 2/3 hours, if that.
    Attempting Kabuto now, after a total of 3,000 eggs of trying with multiple Pokemon I never got lucky. If this run doesn't work, I am never attempting MM again. Ever.

Back