• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Has anyone ever confused you're gender?

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    Yeah. Once on my brother's birthday, I would answer the phone and get a "HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHN!" and I was all like "Want me to get John?"

Years
    Online everyone thinks I'm a guy before I actually have to tell them or someone else who already knows tells them.

....Guilty.

Online yes. Some people are still confused, since I regularly switch gender settings (what? it's fun! ._.) In real life, people get it right, mostly...though I suppose if the light is correct, I can be somewhat androgynous. XD;

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    I still think you're female, Jordan.

Some people still don't know my actual gender, so when I have a guy username (this one and Zuzu for example), my gender is set at "guy" (while with my female usernames it's set at "girl"), and people assume that's what I am, unless they think I'm female based on my themes (I hardly ever have any themes feat. a male). So yeah.

It is a bit obvious that I am female, though ^^' Even though all my current pairs (alt. pairs included) except for one are female.

Irl, though, I look perfectly female.

emoBill™

† мазохист †
    Years
    On this site a few years ago, I was helping out a younger boy with his fanfiction. My username at the time was Ratiosu, the Japanese version of "Latios", so of course he thought I was a boy. In his signature, he put "Ratiosu is helping me with my story, he's so cool!"

I had to inform him that I was female :pink_giggle:

But in real life, I've never been mistaken because I look distinctly female. Plus, my large chest size kind of clues people in xD My hair is only shoulder-length but I still look completely female.

Ayselipera

Back when I was around 10 and had just gotten a super short hair cut. I mean it was short just like a boys' would be and had I a flat chest... I was mistakened as a boy.

As of now though I look very much like a girl and I haven't been mistaken for the opposite gender since that wonderful age of 10. :D

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    IRL: No.
    Online: I think most people realise that I'm male, but I don't go around asking. Although there have been a few that I know thought otherwise; on this forum, Pachy thought I was female for a while.

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    Nope nope and nope. o3o;

I look much younger than I really am... so irl it's easy to tell i'm a girl.

Online... Well I've never had it questioned. xD;

Tox

fight me
    Years
    I can't say that they have. I just look and sound like a boy. I've mistaken boys to be girls and the opposite though.

Lol @ title. Grammar guize.

"Has anyone confused you are gender?"
    You wrote it twice. D:

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    Irl, no; on PC, several times, despite "Gender: Female ♀" having always been at the top right of my posts. :/

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I've been confused for a girl a few times online even with my gender showing and I'm always like "What the fffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuu..."

In real life. I've only been confused sometimes when only hearing my voice. But ever sense I was 12, no freaking retard could think my voice was feminine. In fact some people say I fake my deep voice >_>, Jealous.

Years
    Kinda hard for people to mix up my gender in real life - at least whenever they can see me - so no, no confusion there. (though there have been a few phone-related incidents, hmm...)

Online, though...hah. I've gotten called "he" so much even when there are clues around that I'm not male that I've basically just given up on correcting people whenever it happens. I just don't care anymore. :p

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    Offline, it's pretty obvious in my opinion. XD

Online, 3/4 of you will get my gender wrong. ^^

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    I haven't ever been confused for a girl except once by a telemarketer. I hung up on them straight away. :3

Pazuru

★ [ Fukidokuritsu ]
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    I'm pretty sure I have once or twice. But it's been a long time.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Everyone's been confused online.

Especially when your voice was squeaky through the mic three years ago XD

Back