• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Has anyone ever confused you're gender?

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    Has anyone ever confused you're gender? Let's say you were a girl and someone thought you were guy?

Online everyone thinks I'm a guy before I actually have to tell them or someone else who already knows tells them.
    When I'm offline, I still get confused as a guy due to my short boyish cut hair and my choice of clothes - Apart from when I wear my school uniform

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    I don't think I've ever been mistaken for a girl based on my appearance, but let's just say I never had the manliest voice.

Back around three or four years ago when I dabbled in the wonderful business of fast food, I'd often be mistaken for a "miss" while operating the drive-thru microphone. It actually frustrated me so much that I addressed a blatant woman as "sir" just to be spiteful one day. It felt nice, I must say.

I'd like to think my voice has deepened a bit since then. >:

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    Indeed, even by my own family members, they mistake me for a woman all the time.

Whenever I answer the phone, people always address me as "Ms." which I've sadly grown used to.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    I'm androgynous

androgynous: (an·drog·y·nous)
    adj.
    Being neither distinguishably masculine nor feminine, as in dress, appearance, or behavior

So I don't really get confused, more asked what the hell I actually am.

Last edited:

EpsilonE

Banned
    Years
    I'm too "me"ish to be considered a girl, both online AND offline.
    Has anyone confused my gender? absolutely not!

..Now I'm worried about Pachy though...

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Internet wise, many times. But in real life, no way. XD

Years
    Luckily, my speaking voice has always been pretty deep. And my appearance has never been that feminine, either. I was mistaken as a Saudi Arabian once, though (different story I don't want to tell).

But seriously, what woman do you know has a beard?

Online, I always use the name Alistair in some form or another now, so I'm not mistaken online, either (at least I think I'm not).

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Yes. My voice does not sound feminine or masculine, and my face looks both masculine and feminine.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    online sometimes people think im a boy but at school that doesnt happen

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    Online, I have been mistaken for the opposite gender even when I had my gender up. I took it down recently.. for some reason. I guess if they're not even going to look at it, why should I put it up?

Offline.. I'm clearly a girl but on the telephone I get mistaken for my brother sometimes. ;;

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    Nope,
    I guess everyone thinks i'm a guy because no one girls could make up a name as stupid as this one =D
    Everyone knows i'm a boy.. I have a really deep voice so that KINDA gives it away >.>

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    People on PokéCommunity think that I'm a guy all the time. Even though it says Female right above every post I make XD I guess it's because I've taken a masculine name in "Moriarty"?

A few people mistook me for a guy the other day in GAME, I think. I was wearing a black beanie with only the ends of my hair poking out, a really baggy grey hoodie and baggie black trousers, and I didn't speak much because I knew I was holding the queue up (I'd asked the guy at the till to see if they had any more GameBoy Advance SP's in their stock room and he took ages in coming back), but when I turned around and apologised when he finally returned a few people looked really surprised when I spoke. XD

Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2010
    people mix up my girlfriends gender cause she has short hair and looks like a boy..it waas kinda funny when i started to date her

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    With how deep my voice is, I think it's impossible.

And online sometimes. I don't care if people see me as a female or male.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Online, yes, due to me having mostly female characters in my fan fiction and anime girls in my signatures. Perhaps over the phone as well, because it's hard to tell whether the pizza delivery guy is saying "man" or "ma'am."

Doesn't help that my name can be had by both males and females...

Back