• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Has Anyone Ever Noticed This Before?

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    hmm, very interesting, but how would electabuzz learn volt tackle. another puzzle

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    In the future, they'll hold a Nintendo Event which will giveaway a Volt-Tackling Elekid with the Electrizer.

...well, that's the most logical solution I can find.

yea thats the most logicall reason i can get aswell, perhaps even from a future PBR

okay that sounds stupid lol

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    It's an error. Bulbapedia cannot predict future events and I'm sure that standard mixvire would be loving this if it had access. Bulbapedia arent the most reliable source for dex entires in my experience.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    okay, i have figured out a way to test if this is true.

i have a electivire a elekid AND a electabuzz, i could use a AR (not hard at all to get hold of one, could probably get my hands on one tommorow infact) and add a code to make volt tackle a TM.

if the electa's can learn it, then we know the code really exists, if they cant learn it, it casts some doubt over if its possible or not.

also then again, previous gens you could get surfing and flying pikachus from events, so you never know what might happen

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    It's an error. Bulbapedia cannot predict future events and I'm sure that standard mixvire would be loving this if it had access. Bulbapedia arent the most reliable source for dex entires in my experience.

Well, we are not saying that it is a future event (And neither is Bulbapedia). We are making a prediction.

carter756978

Bass Player
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2013
    I have a theory. Nintendo 64 had PKMN Stadium 1 & 2, GC had Pokemon colluseum & Gale of darkness. So i think wii will have a 2nd pkmn game and on tht it will give you an elekid with volt tackle

Aquilae

=))))))))88888888OOOOOOOO<
    Years
    Electabuzz/Elekid/Electivire cannot learn Volt Tackle. Period.

Bulbapedia isn't the most reliable source, and you should double check with others such as Serebii and Smogon.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    Its says that its in the games coding that electabuzz can learn volt tackle.
    Thats like it was in Yellow versions coding for pikachu to learn surf

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    okay i got the AR, im gunna test this out myself (volt tackle TM code, but without the "can learn any move" code)

Gold Tom

Krazier Than You
    Years
    Didja test it yet? If it works, I'm going to teach my future Electivire Volt Tackle.

EDIT

Erm, did you read it in detail?

Bulbapedia said:
    Also, the game's code shows the Electabuzz family as being able to know the move, albeit through an unknown method.

* Electivire
    * Electabuzz
    * Elekid

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    O-M-F-G

it worked, however i got a suprise too. MACHAMP CAN ALSO LEARN VOLT TACKLE O.O!!!!!!!

i need to take a picture of this

*gets ready to edit post here*

EDIT:

okay i took the photos, here they are:

i looked to see if electa's could learn it:

Has Anyone Ever Noticed This Before?

yes they can, the code really exists!!!!!

but look, it says machamp can also learn it, so it did:

Has Anyone Ever Noticed This Before?

Last edited:

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    Nice!! Awesome, might have to do that myself :).. Fancy Machamp learning Volt Tackle??? Bit crazy in the gaming, but it's true, then.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    i dont think it is possible, i think its most likely going to be a future event, or wii game.

at least i have proven that the code really exists, and that it is possible, and bulbapedia was not incorrect like some people thought

EDIT: WOW... machop inherited volt tackle as a egg move.

if anyone wants, i can send you VT machops :)

EDIT2: lol it seems someone has already changed the bulbapedia article :P

someone should edit it so that all machops family can learn it

Last edited:
    Back