• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Has Anyone Ever Noticed This Before?

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    yup, i have tested it out on a lot of them... and all of the ones i have tested have come out positive.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    yup lol.

we have spies o.0

another interesting find, infernape when bred with ditto does not pass along VT, supporting how the game normally would work. however it can learn VT as i have previously been handing it down, suggesting that it would need to learn it another way. could there be a item in the coding (similar to the light ball) that enables this to happen?

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    yup lol.

we have spies o.0

another interesting find, infernape when bred with ditto does not pass along VT, supporting how the game normally would work. however it can learn VT as i have previously been handing it down, suggesting that it would need to learn it another way. could there be a item in the coding (similar to the light ball) that enables this to happen?

So Machamp passed the move along by breeding, but Infernape did not?

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    normally, only the father needs to know the egg move... but a nice idea.

and to check for item coding you would need to hack into the games code and find the items.

So Machamp passed the move along by breeding, but Infernape did not?

pretty much lol, o.o, which is odd, considering it should have been passed along, because of the egg groups (both are humanshape... but chimchar and co have ground added on)

Gold Tom

Krazier Than You
    Years
    Okay.

So, the long and the short of it is, either through some coding error, or through some method which Nintendo are yet to reveal to us, you can teach Humanshape Pokemon Volt Tackle, however, in some case Volt Tackle will not be passed down as an egg move.

Is that basically what's happening?

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    lol i think thats about right, i think im going to test this further, ima teach VT to mr mime and see what happens

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    The only explanation would be an item needed to breed and give VT. Pikachu is in the Fairy/Ground Egg Group and Smeargle is in the Ground Egg Group. Since there are only four (Pichu and Raichu) pokemon capable of learning VT (legally as we know of now), then there must be an item that must be held.

I hate to bring this up but if there is no such item capable of giving VT, then we may be predicting a future pokemon in the Fairy/Humanshape or Ground/Humanshape.

But aside from my crazy idea, there may be a new move tutor with VT in Platinum.

Edit: Or like Gold Tom said, a coding error. But that would be unfortunate.

Edit 2: Forget the new pokemon idea. Infernape is Ground/Humanshape.

Last edited:

Gold Tom

Krazier Than You
    Years
    A-Ha! A Move Tutor, genius! Hey, p'raps you could try this with another exclusive attack?

Maybe it was an accident in the code? You know, Young Fred was doing well on his first day coding on the new Pokemon games, until he accidentally activated the use of Volt Tackle on all Humanshape Pokemon. Or maybe I'm completely mad!

Anyways, whatever the cause, I like it, and since me and my mates have a 'If it's in the code, exploit it!' policy, I could still battle my mates with a Volt Tackle Elctivire.

GT

_Prince_

Pikachu?
    Years
    The only explanation would be an item needed to breed and give VT. Pikachu is in the Fairy/Ground Egg Group and Smeargle is in the Ground Egg Group. Since there are only four (Pichu and Raichu) pokemon capable of learning VT (legally as we know of now), then there must be an item that must be held.

I hate to bring this up but if there is no such item capable of giving VT, then we may be predicting a future pokemon in the Fairy/Humanshape or Ground/Humanshape.

But aside from my crazy idea, there may be a new move tutor with VT in Platinum.

I was thinking that too lol

A move tutor in platinum which allowed these pokemon to get this move or a new breeding method for those pokemon to get Volt tackle in platinum. Who knows...

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012

genious, thats very very possible. i like the idea :)

EDIT: while i am doing this, can someone else do me a favour?

see if you can breed a VT pikachu (if you have one) with a lucario, keep light ball intact on lucario, and see what happens.

this probably wont work, but if it does you might be able to chain breed VT

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    thanks for the trade.

i think now i should try this with the only egg-grouped exclusive move i can think off, manaphy's heart swap

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    Infernape is in the Ground/Humanshape Egg Group. So it can breed with Pikachu. So its Male Pikachu/Raichu with VT and Female Chimchar/Monferno/Infernape. Im not 100% sure it will work but if the rule follows that VT is breedable, then it should work. My brother is about to try it and see if it works

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    It can't be the other way around? Because my surfing Pickachu is Female.. dang-it. Still can't believe Machop's family and Chimchars can actually learn Volt Tackle.. very odd indeed!

EDIT: I have a Volt Tackle Pickachu (Female), so would it work if i breeded it with the Male Lucario which is holding the light ball?

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    this is even wierder.

i tried the heart swap, its in the coding for politoad to learn heart swap o.0

i will provide pictures soon

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    Here are those pictures of the heart swapping politoad:

Has Anyone Ever Noticed This Before?

Back