• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Has Anyone Ever Noticed This Before?

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    Wow, I guess Bulbapedia adapts quickly to news. I wonder if there are any other pokemon capable of learning it.

Edit: Did you say egg move? So breeding a Male VT Machamp with a Female Machamp gives you a VT Machop?

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    i dont know, but i know how to find out.

EDIT: OMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFG

this adds to mixape, infernape can learn volt tackle aswell! =O!!!!!!!

*goes to take photo again*

EDIT: here are the photos:

Has Anyone Ever Noticed This Before?

this means that the code exists within the game for infernape to learn volt tackle

Last edited:

True Justice

Years
    Ahh man, my bro's starter was Infernape. Now he's gonna do anything to try and teach it VT and kill me with it. But why would GF have these pokemon capable of learning VT while others are unable to? I mean I could see Electabuzz having it but Machamp and Infernape? that's pretty random

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    the only explanation i have right now, is the possibility of related egg groups (for example, both pikachu and infernape are ground/something else egg group types.

that or its related to future events, i mean flying and surfing pikachu was pretty random wasnt it?

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    ^ if someone has a electrode, ill happily test it out.

i have found a pattern.

a LOT of humanshape egg group pokemon can learn VT. this is my evidence:

i included eevee to show that i havent changed the coding in any way to enable any pokemon to learn VT

Aquilae

=))))))))88888888OOOOOOOO<
    Years
    I'm laughing at this whole topic right now, there is proven to be a section of a code within the game that allows these pokemon to learn Volt Tackle, but as of now only Pikachu and Raichu can learn it.

Anything else that has Volt Tackle, sans Smeargle, is hacked and illegal.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    ^ we know.... lol.

but to be totally honest, i dont really care, its not like we are using it in battle, we are just finding out which pokemon can learn VT, even if it is semi hacked (meaning VT gained illegally, but the pokemon can learn it legally... as i am doing with these TMs)

its all about showing that the code exists, not that this can be obtained without cheating.... and i would like to see anywhere else that shows that this exists, because as far as i am aware, nobody has come accross this before.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    this is getting more and more interesting, wonder which other pokes can learn VT?

True Justice

Years
    I'm laughing at this whole topic right now, there is proven to be a section of a code within the game that allows these pokemon to learn Volt Tackle, but as of now only Pikachu and Raichu can learn it.

Anything else that has Volt Tackle, sans Smeargle, is hacked and illegal.

That may be true, but can you explain why GF would allow humanshape pokemon to learn Volt Tackle if only Pikachu, Raichu, and Smeargle can learn it legally?

Back