• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Has Anyone Ever Noticed This Before?

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    yup o.0

i have no explaination on that lol, but it appears to have something to do with the water 1 egg group, so i am going to test it on some other water 1 pokes

EDIT: no maybe not, i tried it on some others (including polywag) and it failed

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Woho this is cool volt taklin pokemon instead of pika! Am I the only one here who remembers but didnt someone say in the list of stuff to be in platinum an egg with a volt takling pokemon inside? Mabye the riley egg riolu has it? Or mabye a new event completely. Yipee!

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    Actually it was rumored a Volt Tackling Shinx, which isn't part of the Humanshape group.

Peanutassailant, can you see if Shinx can learn Volt Tackle?

Edit: However, it is in the ground egg group, same as Pikachu and Lucario.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    okidokey, lemme see the thread :)

im just about to go catch shinx, but it looks extremely unlikely because i just tried it on a luxio that i had in the pc and it failed.

True Justice

Years
    Infernape is in the Ground/Humanshape Egg Group. So it can breed with Pikachu. So its Male Pikachu/Raichu with VT and Female Chimchar/Monferno/Infernape. Im not 100% sure it will work but if the rule follows that VT is breedable, then it should work. My brother is about to try it and see if it works

Well we just tried this and the Chimchar did not have Volt Tackle. We even gave Pikachu a light ball. So I guess there is no explained reason for Humanshape Volt Tackle.

And it looks like the event move is not Volt tackle, Thanks Peanutassailant.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    then how comes that machop was bred with volt tackle o.0

*breeds another machop*

i might video this one and put it on youtube.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Ok cool now all I have to do is wait for serebii mods to approve. Also if its a shinx egg(which I doubt) then what move would it have. And if its an egg with volt tackle whats the pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    well it could always just be a volt tackling riolu or pichu. o.0

or it could be some o ther inheritted move that we havent come accross yet

True Justice

Years
    https://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_Platinum_announcement_leaked?

If Platinum is preordered, in Japan, then you would recieve a Shinx Egg with an event move. Im guessing similar to the Regigigas Pre Movie Ticket.

Edit: Peanutassailant, you taught Volt tackle as a TM. When a pokemon with a TM is bred, the TM is passed down to the next pokemon. I just figured that out.

Back