• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Has anyone thrown a controller to the ground?

Have you pound a controller to the ground before?

• Yes

Votes: 22 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 11 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I throw them on the couch where they have a soft landing if I'm reeeeally frustrated. Luckily that doesn't happen often.

My brother, on the other hand, broke our only (decent) PS2 controller by repeatedly throwing it on the floor whenever he gets annoyed with a game--which is an unusually frequent occurence. It's literally all duct-taped together right now and the L1/L2 buttons don't work properly, not to mention you have to really press down hard on the control-pad to make it work. ;_; I'm asking for a new one for Christmas.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Yea I have, once I got mad at a game and then I jerked the controller out of it's port (it's a GC one) and then I threw it on the floor as hard as I could. I messed up the C-Stick (that's what got me mad in the first place, it was messing up and I made it worse) and put a small hole in the analog stick. And when I lose to fighting games (trust me, no one wants to see me mad at a fighting game, it's not pretty O_o) I bang the controller on the beg and then bend it to where it could break if I just did it a little more. O_o
    Yea, fighting games are the worst for me when it comes to the poor controller. XD

Years
    I've thrown down controllers before, yes - but I usually don't throw them down too hard, or from too great a distance. ^_^;; I'd have to be extremely annoyed or exasperated to do that, too, as I usually end up hitting something else first before I reach the controller-throwing stage... O_o

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    Who hasn't?

I got mad when I kept losing on a race on the first NFSU and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't beat it, all my controllers were different color and sadly my orange one died because I threw it too hard and the analog stick and the b button wouldn't work. Now I have two wavebirds and a purple, black, and silver controller. I ended up beating the race when I wasn't even really trying.

MAR Heaven

No Comment
    Years
    I have but it never broke but my step bro he slamed and broke my XBOX control I got so pissed!

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    I haven't, but one or two friends of mine have done me the great disservice of throwing my controllers down...but this was back when I had an N64 and every other person in the world had one (not today, though, because I only know two people with a gamecube.) As much as I can get angry at my games, I know a moment's anger isn't worth having to pay $30 for a new controller.

viridian doubletongue

the world's greatest thief
    Years
    I once threw one to ground & cracked down the middle.

My friend smashed it on his table when he was angry & now he can only go sideways...not backwards & forwards, he has to turn & walk sideways when he's playing multiplayer.

Tsugaru

Twilight
    Years
    Heck yeah!iv done it so many times!...I broke my only game cube remote from it but now i only throw on pillows or on my bed really hard and it is often!

RoxasOld

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 29, 2006
    Tossing a beautiful Playstation control on the ground? What kind of crazy son of a b*tch would do such a thing? XD I treat the controllers just like I treat the systems. They're my babies <3

Years
    Yes, of course! Ever get frustrated when you're just stuck on some boss or particular challenge and all you keep doing is losing to him/her/it and losing your mind for 1-2 hours straight? XD

Sure, not all of us do, but I'm just another one of those kinds of people who would throw their controller after repeitive death/failure. "I have FURY...!" >:|

Agent9

You could care less....
    Years
    hah,

1st inceident: Got annoyed at my ruby game, took out the ruby out of me sp. Toss the gameboy into the ocean...BZZZZZZZT bye fishies. nah, I just walked into the water with my SP and then it was in my pocket, I knew it would die.

2nd: My friend knocks my gamecube onto the floor and breaks it. I tell him to buy me a new one. He's all no. My controller wasn't working. Tch, when he went to my new house I left him in the park and laughed.

3rd. Gamecube when I'm playing against Dyna Blade and then I get mad and my head hurts.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    Not exactly... It falls off my bed whenever I go to sleep...

Besides that, I don't throw it at the ground.

RoxasOld

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 29, 2006
    coolmaster said:
    Not exactly... It falls off my bed whenever I go to sleep...

Besides that, I don't throw it at the ground.

Whenever my controller falls off my bed, I always flip out and start cursing and nearly cry XD

Nedrag Terces12

Lord of Latias
    Years
    not really me, but my sister. she slammed an SNES controller with auto and the L button came out, and the A button was forever jammed into the slot

Back