• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Has GO encouraged you to go outside more?

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
  • Right?

I'm really excited to get off work tomorrow, actually. I think I'm gonna head downtown and check out all the monuments to see what all I can find there. I'm excited to see what kind of Pok?mon inhabit my native city, and I could definitely use the exercise. It's, uh, kind of embarrassing how excited this is making me.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I've wanted to explore more lately (started walking more two days before) so it ties in perfectly. I do want to get fit and I do want to explore the neighbourhood more... and catch them all. Ofc.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I have never been so excited to just walk around my neighborhood

The battery drain though, I don't know how much I will use this when I actually travel farther away from home, lol.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Not anymore than usual, no. I've been wanting to but... nope, anxiety conquers all. :c I'll probably try to venture out more if I can with Pokemon GO, but I doubt I really will. x___x

Kurosaki

(「・ω・)「
    Years
  • It has! I was only able to play a little last night before the servers went down, but I had already walked around outside a little nearby in an area I hadn't bothered with before. I'm excited to head to work today and see if there's anything nearby there, too. On my next day off I'm definitely inviting my bf along and going on a Pokemon hunting trip, haha.

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
    Years
  • Oh definitely, I have an excuse to get off my backside for once... and at this point any excuse to do that is greatly appreciated. Living in a rural Irish village gets very dull... so it's nice to actually have something to do here.

Years
  • Not so fun story; I actually really hurt my feet yesterday whilst going out playing GO. I forgot to bring socks and... yeah. Ripped the back of my feet wide open with these shoes. Ouch. Now I'm walking about with a limp. I caught an Eevee though.

I walked for a good amount of time with my friend and after that I kept walking even though I was kind of tire and my feet had started to hurt. Unfurtunately my walking didn't pay off much since I just got to 3 Pokestops which were really close and caught a caterpie and another zubat >.>

Years
  • I went to a Pok?Stop but I honestly didn't know what to do there so I wasted my time going there. So sad. :(

I actually got to know how to use the Pokestops because of my friend. He already had 5 Eggs {D:} but then I continued and I got to have 3 eggs I currently have one in the incubator got to go for 0.5/2.0 km. And luckily I just caught a Pidgey and a Bellsprout now XD.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • I don't think my want to go outside has changed one bit, but it has made me want to walk more which is weird for a lazy person such as myself. I have classes on three different campuses and normally I would bus to each of them (even if I have a lot of time between them), but now I wouldn't mind actually walking to them - just so I can catch pokemon xD

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Not so fun story; I actually really hurt my feet yesterday whilst going out playing GO. I forgot to bring socks and... yeah. Ripped the back of my feet wide open with these shoes. Ouch. Now I'm walking about with a limp. I caught an Eevee though.
    Ouch. ]: I'm sorry.

If it makes you feel better I spent the better part of my evening limping about too. A muscle in my foot today randomly decided that it shouldn't be walked on. These things won't keep us down!

Years
  • I spent twice the usual amount of time on my morning jog today... I may have gone exploring for additional pokemon off my normal path... lol

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen today
    To be honest, it doesn't really seem worth the effort. I mean in order to find any pokemon you have to travel quite a ways and I can only travel on foot. There aren't any monuments here, I think there was a gym over an apartment building nextdoor but that doesn't mean anything when all you have are two Pidgeys.

I think I'll stick to Y and Sun and Moon.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Definitely, just today I spent 3 hours outside just wandering around an area I rarely go out to, despite it being an easy two minutes walk. Every day I'm excited for the travel to and from work, which used to be a draining haul every morning and afternoon. Now I don't mind spending an extra ten/twenty minutes getting home in order to grab the items from a Pok?stop on a detour, or to catch that Ghastly in an alleyway. It's weird how much of a sudden change it's brought about in me.

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2016
    I'm a lot more excited about going outside, even though mine is glitched that I can't even catch pokemon! Looking forward to that being fixed...

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • YES! Definitely! Now I have a reason to go jogging so i can hatch my eggs lol. And its a ton of fun as a group with people just walking around!

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    is this good or bad...I did more exercise today than pretty much all of last week XD

People are looking at me in weird ways as I keep stopping lol

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2016
    I'm already a pretty active person (gym rat) but the game has definitely encouraged me to spend time outside exploring my own neighborhood and places even a bit further which is a big deal for me. I tend to have a lot of social anxiety and talk myself out of going places that are unfamiliar. I think it's great.

Chuck Palahniuk

ten question marks
    Years
  • It's definitely gotten me up and out of bed! There's a coffee shop a few blocks away with a Pokestop next door and a gym close by so I've been running back and forth all day defending it.

Thoriére

[i]If everything's a dream, don't wake me.[/i]
    Years
  • Have to get a little personal with this answer, but I'm diagnosed with fibromyalgia (yes, a sixteen y/o boy has fibro, it always shocks older people with the disease) with features of CFS. That's basically medical code for "weak body and muscles with constant long-term fatigue and pain". I try to leave the house as much as possible to keep my muscle issues from getting worse, but it's almost impossible sometimes. Makes me miss the occasional school day, even (which would be great if not for the pain!).

But since GO came out, I've been wanting to leave the house more than succumbing to my illness. Just today I headed out of and walked a fair bit/loitered right between two stops and near some lures. Legit almost passed out, but it was worth it. Lesson learned: Eat something before you go out, and drink more water. Plan accordingly.

Back