• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hatred of the Popular Kids?

Do you hate Popular Kids

• Total voters
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 23, 2008
    Do you hate the popular kids? If so why?

I do hate some of them. They act all snobby like they are the only person in the world. I am friends with some popular kids and well, they are awesome :D

So its about 50/50 for me :D

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
  • Well, In my school,
    If you label yourself "cool",
    You suffer the consequences. >:D

So, as for me, I've never actually had the popular kids in my schools.
    Just jerks who think the world revolves around them.

Years
  • ... 50/50

Sometimes I see them pretty much making fools of themselves, flaunting their popularity or talking down about people they don't even know, or worst of all talking down about people who aren't very social just because they're not social... yeah. Well... not hate, but strong dislike. I generally do my best to ignore them.

Then there's those popular folk who from what I observed of them I acually found them quite civil, decent, respectful people, but then they ignore me and wel.. even sometimes they try to put it in a nice way that they don't want to talk to me. I mean... they don't even give me a chance. I loose respect for them pretty quickly after that.

Then there's those who actually do give the less popular people a chance. I haven't met them, but I know they exist somewhere... I don't mind them.

I wouldn't hate them just for being popular. Popularity actually means quite little to me. It's when you get the stuck-up bigots who look down on everyone who's any different from them, or make people feel shoved out, for no good reson, that I do get mad. That counts for anyone - popular or not.

Cosmic Tyrant

Ruler of the Cosmos
    Years
  • Hah, I remember my glory days at my High School. The popular kids there wern't all about the glamor and the socialization. They were about the knowledge and the Endeavor. Each popular kid there had at least one great acheivment that they have Accomplished. And the best part was that they didd't spend any time gloating about it. They just did it, and went on with their lives, whether it was sports, academics, or media based means. (newspapers and things like that)

There were also certain groups that people have amongst themselves. They wouldn't be known by a majority of the school, yet they'd be surrounded by 8-10 people, just smiling and laughing and having a great time. I myself was pretty popular amongst my special group of friends.

Yep, my experience with the popular kids was pretty good...

Jonbo

The Sunflora Savior
    Years
  • Im not a big fan of popular kids, not so great at life or pokemon. ;)

But before anyone chooses the option "I am a popular kid" remember where we are right now. :D

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    Ughhh, popular kids disgust me, what with all their confidence and their overcoming of insecurities; it makes me want to puke.
    ♥♥♥♥ MALADJUSTMENT 4 LYFE ♥♥♥♥

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
  • Yes, I can't stand the fact that they think they are better than us. They think that we will never amount to anything and they believe the world revolves around them.

I can think of many reasons why they are annoying but I dont hate them I just think they are annoying.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    Lots of people are only popular because they're really nice peope >_>

I don't think there's anything wrong with that - if you do you're probably just jealous <_<

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
  • There's no such thing as "popularity" here because the moment you consider youself better than others you get ignored. =/

If someone acted arrogantly, I'd either ignore that person or tell him or her to stop acting as if he or she was the center of the world.

When you're popular because others think that, there's no problem for me, but I can't stand arrogant people.

Shadow_Yue

SO I HERD U LIEK NARUTO?
    Years
  • 50/50 Some of my friends are the popular kids, but pretty much just because they kick everyone's butt in acedemics. Still no one messes with them because of it. But most of the "popular" kids I've seen are jerks so ..yeah. I can't stereotype them but the majority are jerks.

Years
  • The only reason I'd hate a 'popular' kid is because I didn't like how an individual kid acted. It wouldn't be just because they were popular.

That said, I don't think I knew any popular kids I hated in middle or high school. The people I disliked didn't seem like popular kids to me. In fact, they were mostly unpopular. ._.

pkmnmaster69

When will this day end?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2020
    Yeah i hate popular kids because they just try and act hard and try and laigh and people and trip them over how clever............. and anyway being popular just makes you hated because people get pissed off of you and because of the silly gossip they try make and in my school it happens like that but hey im used to it.

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    50/50

The "popular" kids in my school are very stuck up. It's amazing how they could be perfect in about everyway. That is a popular kid in my school. Yet, I'm am friends with the most perfect guy in school, and he is popular so, I can't hate him. He turns to me for help if he needs it.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • I don't hate the popular kids, because they keep to themselves & their group. They don't make fun of people, just each other. They are also pure morons, but I don't (or didn't, I'm in college as of now) care enough for them to hate them. We had a few stereotypical popular, but, well, they were very "popular", to put it in a PG way. So they got little respect, but much attention. A good trade off to them, not me.

Spaekle Oddberry

this is why i'm hot
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    "Popular" is a relative term. I mean, I'm pretty popular with the group I hang out with. If anything, I hate stupid people. Which accounts for about 70-80% of the world's population. Meh.

fy@x5

~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    50/50 for me.

Some populars are really nice.
    And the others suck.

Years
  • There aren't really popular kids at my school. There's more just specific groups. You know, emos, metal heads, gangsters, nerds, etc. xD It doesn't really matter what group your from, no one is really considered popular. So, no I don't hate 'popular' kids.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • There's really no non-stuck up way to say what I'm about to say >>

I'm not exactly a dork, I'm kinda... 'widely liked' I guess you could say.
    I'm one of those nasty popular kids as well. But there is some jerks floating around my school, I'm sorry to say they're my friends, but I DO KNOW hoe insanely mean and... nasty they can be.

So I don't hate them, seeing as how I'm... one of them... but I'm not oblivious to the fact that some of us can be mean.

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
  • nope, I don't hate them
    They can annoy me, but generally it's more a sense of sick amusement because what's "popular" now won't even matter a year from now.

latioslegends

What worries you masters you
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2019
    Now a few of my buds are popular I guess^^" but I really dislike the majority. I mean my reputation at school is embarassing, and I just started high school.:(

Back