• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hatred of the Popular Kids?

Do you hate Popular Kids

• Total voters

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    In my high-school at least, there aren't such cliques as the 'populars' and all of that other crap. We have so many students and so many different level classes, popular means different things to different people. And who cares about 'popular' kids? So what, they may have more friends than you and they're happy with their life. What's it to you? And really, so what. Being mad at them only makes them feel more powerful over you. They're people too, believe it or not. They may look like haughty snobs, but judging them is just as bad as them judging you.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    I should have voted 50/50, but I voted yes. I mean when I think about it about half of the cool kids at my school are relaly good friends of mine. However, the other half are the male Laguna Beach Stereotypes.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I laugh at the popular kids ahah.. 8D

Nah, I love them to death and they make school so much funner. I'm not personally best friends with any of them but they're nice to me and we stick together.. Make animal noises in the middle of class jup jup~

Years
    The "Popular Attitude" has became a cultural stereotype now, appearing almost exclusively on television in their superior complex behavior. In real life, I do not hate the popular much, as I do not care much for popularity. Though by popular meaning the approval of the majority, then those people are not to be hated at all.

I voted 50/50 because of that dreaded graphical smilie.

Jordan.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Oh, I've been DYING to respond to a topic like this. I have a hate for the popular kids. VERY big hate. They are shallow to everybody at our school and act like they rule the place. There are about 3 exceptions, and them I actually get along well with.

It isn't some stereotypical hate-I'm actually very well-liked at my school. But oh my, the popular kids need to get over themselves. I've heard people talk about me (yet they're too absentminded to realise I'm listening X_x) and think they're all funny, and I just sigh. I don't care what they say since it's just their own egos being inflated that much more.

They think talking about inappropraite things is all hilarious...and I mean REALLY bad stuff. One of them was craving attention so much that he wrote a bunch of..."bad" terms on the chalkboard and started singing them to the class when the teacher was out of the room :0

And today at pictures, they all thought it would be funny-for the school picture-to stick their tongues out and think they're all funny.

Though now that I think about it, I wish I would have voted 50/50 since many don't fit the description I just gave. the ones that do anger me to no end (though they're starting to figure out that there are going to be consequences for their doings). I mean, the ones that do fit my description really are /THAT/ bad, but the others (about 30%-50%) are really nice and fun to talk to. So meh, they're not all too bad. But again, many are, and it is getting increasingly "lol" that they think they're so great at everything.

EDIT: Again, this is only from personal experience. It's just that our pop. kids are really mean to other students and that's what I'm basing this on...I tried to keep in unbiased, probably failed T_T

Souless

What?
    Years
    • Age 32
    • ???
    • Seen Nov 24, 2016
    Wow, I never expected to see something like this here :)

There are two kinds of "popular" people, the ones that are popular for what they are and the ones that are popular for what they have.

Most of "popular" people think that they are some kind of enlighted, almighty beings that can go around feeling like if they were the center of the world.

At the moment of feeling superior you are just showing your immaturity and low self-esteem, because you need the attention of a lot of people to show yourself that you are better than you think. There are two ways to do it; 1. Make people believe you are cool or something like that and 2. Make the people feel worse than you.

In my opinion you can't judge someone for the "Social group" he or she belongs, you judge them for how they are.

Personally I don't hate them, but I do hate people that feel superior.

"Don't measure yourself for the amount of people who go with you in happy moments, but do it with the few people that will stay with you at the worst of situations"

Years
    No. I actually tend to hate the unpopular kids more. Especially the one's that go around whining about how much they hate the popular kids. Especially for reasons that really aren't that good. xD

So, no. I like them. I mean, if everyone hated them, they'd be losers, not popular. And if other people like them, then there must not be a good reason to hate them.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    I don't really mind either, I just hang out with anyone usually, unpopular kids have their friends and vice versa, it doesn't really bother me. But it's usually the popular kids who get everything, thats the one thing I hate.

I usually try to stay away from popularity, because it's a useless scale and doesn't really have an effect on me, but the people who are obsessed with it make it their whole life, and they don't get anywhere.

Goldenhammerhead

Super Smash Bros Brawl FTW!
    Years
    Some of them are nice, some are not. None of the the comments here will change it. As much as we are unable to admit it, when you start a crusade as the little guy and have any success, you just become another one of the big guys.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    I hate social climbers, but I don't hate people who are just liked by everyone (which is why they are popular). Like in high school, I was pretty much friends with everyone (except for the insanely rich kids of millionaire parents who were popular because of money.)

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    I only dislike the popular people who are too dumb to read >_>
    At my school all the popular people are dumb...T_T

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Popular people are so stupid,
    Even though they are rich, good-looking and even smart, that doesn't really mean they can look us down like a bug.
    I don't really hate them, but it's not my fault if they got some icky pimple in they're nose.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    Wow I would hate to go to your school. If people hated me as much as ya'll hate "popular" people then I wouldn't want to go to school at all. XD

LaurenLOVESTONED

StrawberryFieldsForever
    Years
    look it depends, people are popular for reasons, whether it be looks or attitude or whatever. two of my best friends are the most popular people in the school cos theyre amazing. it really does depend on the person. sure, popular kids and be jerks, but you know what sometimes the "unpopular" kids sure do give them a run for their money

Melody

Banned
    Years
    I'm 50/50 on this

I cant stand the popular people who think that they are better than others. I most certainly could name off a few members here that are this way. But I wont be so rude as to do that. If they wanna know if they are on this list they can ask me themselves. XD
    These kind of people peeve me off to no end. I tend to just ignore them though.

Then there are popular people who are popular simply because they are such a nice person. These kind of popular people I have absolutely no problems with. In fact I am friends with quite a few of them.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    Wow, I never expected to see something like this here :)

There are two kinds of "popular" people, the ones that are popular for what they are and the ones that are popular for what they have.

Most of "popular" people think that they are some kind of enlighted, almighty beings that can go around feeling like if they were the center of the world.

At the moment of feeling superior you are just showing your immaturity and low self-esteem, because you need the attention of a lot of people to show yourself that you are better than you think. There are two ways to do it; 1. Make people believe you are cool or something like that and 2. Make the people feel worse than you.

In my opinion you can't judge someone for the "Social group" he or she belongs, you judge them for how they are.

Personally I don't hate them, but I do hate people that feel superior.

"Don't measure yourself for the amount of people who go with you in happy moments, but do it with the few people that will stay with you at the worst of situations"

Ok, that was just rude.

You obviously don't know what your talking about. Not ALL popular kids are out to get you. There is THREE ways to be a popular kid (IMO)

3. THE ONES THAT RUN AROUND HELPING PEOPLE OUT AND JUST BEING NICE TO EVERYBODY. (Exactly what Justimon said above)

As I said before, yeah some of my friends are complete jerks, which is why I barely hang out with my Sophomore friends anymore. I know what your talking about, but the way you put it pretty much means that all of the popular kids are pompous jerks.

Souless

What?
    Years
    • Age 32
    • ???
    • Seen Nov 24, 2016
    Ok, that was just rude.

You obviously don't know what your talking about. Not ALL popular kids are out to get you. There is THREE ways to be a popular kid (IMO)

3. THE ONES THAT RUN AROUND HELPING PEOPLE OUT AND JUST BEING NICE TO EVERYBODY. (Exactly what Justimon said above)

As I said before, yeah some of my friends are complete jerks, which is why I barely hang out with my Sophomore friends anymore. I know what your talking about, but the way you put it pretty much means that all of the popular kids are pompous jerks.

lol, my bad...

Those were the two ways to feel superior, not to be popular. I guess that sentence was not stated correctly by me :P

Yeah, not all popular people are jerks, some are really nice, I have one friend that is popular and is nice to everybody.

Only the popular that feel superior than others are the bad ones.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    Well, it depends on what you mean by popular. If it's somebody who just has a lot of friends, I don't really mind them. But if they go around acting like they are better than everybody else for whatever reason, I just ignore them. Not ignore like, not listening to them if they talk to me, but ignore their popularity.

Merzbau

it's just a ride.
    Years
    I'd like to think I'm pretty popular.

Most everybody knows me and likes me so I'm cool with that.

I guess I'm somewhat popular. It doesn't matter what social class you come from to me...if you're an idiot, you're an idiot.

Back