• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have u ever wondered what pokemon would belike if it was targeted to older audiences?

DJ Lorik

Honey, I just forgot to duck.
    Years
    There would most likely be a lot more harsh wording used, maybe even swearing. A lot more heavy violence, deaths and so on. I can picture it easily in my head heheh

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    Yeah like in the first series of the anime TR were actual criminals with guns (ZOMG!), until they decided "nah, lets just use our terribly raised pokemon instead!". Yeah I think pokémon would be cool if it were for teens, but it would probably fizzle out like all other teen fads. It would be cool but, if ain't broke don't fix it ;)

Absol Perfect Distaster

Lethal Razor Wind!
    Years
    Pokemon would actually use there powers to kill instead of stun. Flame thrower, thunder shock, and all the other attacks will be used lethally by all sorts of characters.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Maybe if it was targeted to teens maybe 15 and up. I imagine it would be like the manga where they actually talk abut death, and the villains are more hardcore.

Didn't the manga bomb in most countries? Including America and England?

But to answer, it would be all action and no real comedy. It would make the show... boring.

PorygonSquared

He's Supposed To Be Dead!!!
    Years
    Pokemon would actually use there powers to kill instead of stun. Flame thrower, thunder shock, and all the other attacks will be used lethally by all sorts of characters.

Satoshi Tajiri said personally that he believes that people should respect death, and thus he merely faints the Pokemon rather than has them killed. Being targeted for teenagers would not change the creator's views on such matters.

Anyways, the games are already pretty targeted towards teens/adults with its surprisingly deep battle system. It should be enough unless you're one of those "hardcore gamer" morons who needs to see blood and gore in every video game.

As for the anime, I'll pass. I'm not all that keen on a "adult" anime in which Ash goes emo every other episode (because we all know that television can't be art without someone whining about his problems constantly, or at least the critics do), the characters throw F-bombs to ridiculous levels, the battlefields get drenched in blood, and the plot becomes overloaded with love/sex scenes galore.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    The games wouldn't really change much aside from possible cursing. The anime on the other hand, would be epic. It doesn't have to necessarily be too violent or too sexual, but it could at least make things a little more real. xD I mean, I doubt anyone could survive being charred by a strong flamethrower without any damage.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    I would actually really like it if Pokémon had an offshoot targeted at an older audience |D; Like it was mentioned above, I doubt the games would change that much, except the villainous teams might have darker plans or something. But the anime, oh gosh XD It'd be freaking awesome. More mature characters (ones who actually age? :|?) more serious themes, higher stakes, stuff like that would make it totally awesome. Don't get me wrong, I like how Pokémon is now, but it would be nice to have a more mature version to obsess over as well D:

sabrina_diamond

Blazing dark Vulpix
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2024
    I would LOVE it if Pokemon was targeted to Teen audiences. It would be PG13+ and would have a darker theme, sorta like Ace Sanchez's famous fanfic Pokemon Master.

I think that the wild Pokemon would be more hostile towards humans and there would be a LOT more affairs, swearing and violence (after all, the series is called Pocket MONSTERS in Japanese) XD I would personally faint if there was TOO much gore though... It would be kinda gruesome after awhile, but it would FINALLY answer the questions of Pokemon being 'realistic'. I doubt the 'carnivorous Pokemon' would stick with berries in the WILD, they would be attacking prey Pokemon like Pigedot and Spearow. Mightyena: RAWR!

But I do think Pokemon anime needs to be a lot more darker and unpredictable, like Digimon Tamers. I can't imagine Pokemon combining with Mechas though, it would be awesome! XD

Last edited:

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    Yeah that would be more interesting for more adults. They should show deaths and blood. For example they should show an Arbok eating sum caterpies and weedles and feeding them to there youngs Ekans. lol xD

Charizard EX

Charizard EX
    Years
    You know what I think, It would be better because the original anime is too childish.

pokemon could use a little violence and blood. Even though I'm 12, I'd still watch that.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2008
    Mostly if they did put more blood or violence it would not matter. It is still a cartoon and it will be still childish to certain adults. But most adults might watch it. Who knows.

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
    This is why I don't like teenagers. They're all obsessed with death and swearing.
    Why don't you go ruin another franchise like star trek or something!!!!!

Last edited:

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
    If it was targeted toward an older audience, it would be very interesting. I would like to see TR with guns again, and Dawn dying >:D. I would still want pokemon just to "faint" though, it would be stupid if they actually died. More adult language would be better, I'm not asking for a South Park type of dialouge, I mean I don't want to hear corny lines in the anime anymore. Also, if the franchise was targeted toward older audiences, I'm sure we'd see Ash making out with May alot.

DJ Lorik

Honey, I just forgot to duck.
    Years
    That's the funny thing about Pokemon, no one EVER dies. Team Rocket gets blasted half-way into space and they still somehow don't die. That's why it'll always be a kids show. But if they made it so it was for older audiences it would have dying, blood, tons of violence, weapons, language, etc...

Years
    If they did decided to target Pokémon toward an older audience, I would like to see a more evil team, the bad guys winning time from time, and the characters aging.

Arumus

Insert user title here..
    Years
    Maybe if it was targeted to teens maybe 15 and up. I imagine it would be like the manga where they actually talk abut death, and the villains are more hardcore.

Two ten year olds and a sixteen year old travelling together in forests with creatures that can shoot fire? Self explanatory.

Back