• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have u ever wondered what pokemon would belike if it was targeted to older audiences?

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
    That's the funny thing about Pokemon, no one EVER dies. Team Rocket gets blasted half-way into space and they still somehow don't die. That's why it'll always be a kids show. But if they made it so it was for older audiences it would have dying, blood, tons of violence, weapons, language, etc...

Yeah, lol, Team Rocket has survived falls from over 2,000 feet over a couple hundred times. Don't forget the thousands of volts they get daily from Pikachu, and the occassional scorch of a fire type.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Maybe if it was targeted to teens maybe 15 and up.

Yeah, I try not to. Whenever I think about it, I can't get the image of a blonde dude in an orange outfit saying, 'Believe it!' over and over again out of my mind.

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
    Yeah, lol, Team Rocket has survived falls from over 2,000 feet over a couple hundred times. Don't forget the thousands of volts they get daily from Pikachu, and the occassional scorch of a fire type.

*Sigh* It suppose to be a slap stick joke.

pong08

Black & White... don't fail me
    Years
    You know what I think, It would be better because the original anime is too childish.

pokemon could use a little violence and blood. Even though I'm 12, I'd still watch that.

Even though you're 12, I am NOT SURPRISED at all that you're asking for more intensity... believe me, I've been waiting for mor than 10 years for pokemon to SOMEHOW become a show for more mature audiences.... like Naruto.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    If it was like that then besides walking aroun with a 15 year old and a 10 year old dawn would be more useful in a lot of different things! And i would love it if pokemon looked more realistic. If they can make spyro look more realistic why cant pokemon?

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    Well I can see it as being EMO-slitting their wrists & so on...
    Violence plays a part!

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
    You guys are taking this too far. Older audiences doesn't mean Pokemon will turn into a South Park. No, it will simply age the characters a bit, deepen their voices, strenghten their attitudes and change the dialogue from corny to funny and serious. Also, the battles will actually have pokemon hitting eachother,face to face, physically, instead of blasts countering other blasts all the time.

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
    You people don't understand.
    IT'S A LONG RUNNING KIDS SHOW.
    They will never make it mature, so, if you don't like the show then go read the manga.

Years
    Don't forget the thousands of volts they get daily from Pikachu, and the occassional scorch of a fire type.
    Actually if the amperage of Pikachu's attack is less then 0.005 amps, then Team Rocket can survive the attack without any ill affects if there is no explosion.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    If it targeted more mature audiences, then it would be pretty fun.
    I find the games to be stupid, seeing as how the evil team uses pokemon against a little kid instead of just beating him up and taking his pokemon.
    the enemy teams would have guns and knives, there would be a considerable amount of cursing, and actual pokemon would be killed.
    Not to mention that they made ash comically burned by charizard, whereas in real life, he would have serious 2nd- 3rd degree burns covering his body.
    overall, it would be good, but i'd just hope they don't overdo it.

Cynic Kaka

Credentials.
    Years
    Maybe if it was targeted to teens maybe 15 and up. I imagine it would be like the manga where they actually talk abut death, and the villains are more hardcore.

Well, it'd be more like the Japanese version. (The same would apply for Digimon. All the blood that'd be in the dub...YAY!) There you have it.

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
    Actually if the amperage of Pikachu's attack is less then 0.005 amps, then Team Rocket can survive the attack without any ill affects if there is no explosion.

Funny, I'm sure you have the common sense to figure out that .005 amps won't OHKO a Pidgeot.

Lord Yawgmoth

Lord of all Phyrexia
    Years
    Somehow I have the strangest feeling that 0.005 amps can't cause gigantic fiery explosions or turn off 100-foot colossi. =3

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    Pikachu wouldn't take Calcium...he doesn't need attack. DUHZORZ Iron Tail? What? I know not of which you speak

Anyway, I've constantly thought about Pokemon being targeted to older audiences. Forget the show, it's a lost cause on it's own, they wouldn't change it. If you noticed, in the "special" series with adventures from Misty, Richie and other trainers Ash n' Gang have met, they changed the dialogue/approach/appearance a bit to make it seem a little more intense, yet it still is meh in comparison to other older directed anime.

The games, however, could easily be implemented to older groups. I can totally picture a world of Pokemon slightly similar to something out of World of Warcraft, where battles weren't turn-based, a little more reality (aka Pokemon do die eventually/traveling includes long periods of running and the ability to actually see wild Pokemon), and development on the characters. I've always wanted to design what I looked like in Pokemon game to suit me.

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
    Pikachu wouldn't take Calcium...he doesn't need attack. DUHZORZ Iron Tail? What? I know not of which you speak

Anyway, I've constantly thought about Pokemon being targeted to older audiences. Forget the show, it's a lost cause on it's own, they wouldn't change it. If you noticed, in the "special" series with adventures from Misty, Richie and other trainers Ash n' Gang have met, they changed the dialogue/approach/appearance a bit to make it seem a little more intense, yet it still is meh in comparison to other older directed anime.

The games, however, could easily be implemented to older groups. I can totally picture a world of Pokemon slightly similar to something out of World of Warcraft, where battles weren't turn-based, a little more reality (aka Pokemon do die eventually/traveling includes long periods of running and the ability to actually see wild Pokemon), and development on the characters. I've always wanted to design what I looked like in Pokemon game to suit me.

It was a joke, I'm sure, no one was in a competitive debate here. I said Carbos anyway. :D

Years
    It would be nicer. I image a bit of blood, cursing, seriousness, comedy, a lot of damage (onth e characters from attacks). Yeah, it would be so different.

Back