• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have u ever wondered what pokemon would belike if it was targeted to older audiences?

Kuro

Cloaked by the Masses
Years
  • "Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Legend of Dratini."

But seriously, it'd be weird. I'm not saying that as a bad thing, though. But they'd have to redesign their whole approach to the franchise, which could change key elements of the game.

pong08

Black & White... don't fail me
    Years
  • I don't think the acutal gameplay of battling would be changed though, just the character dialogue and the villans' actions.

Actually the gameplay can be changed to portray the seriousness of the game. Such as, when two trainers are battling, there can be like a new feature where you can actually attack the trainer. This can be done through rpg.... BUT, I'd like to see something wher you're constantly controlling the pokemon and trying to attack the trainer at the same time... but not by taking turns like in the rpg. Maybe this feature should be added ONLY when you're fighting the next Generation for Team Rocket. I think it would be too brutal if that feature was added for every battle, and it would probably rated M instead of T just because of addition of that feature to all the trainer battles.... I mean think about it... you wouldn't want to kill Dawn... right?

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    It would be probably be bloody with a few curse words here and there. Even though it has that stuff, I don't really care because my parents and I both no that I'm exposed to both during the day (School.).

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Let's just say, Dawn, Misty, May, and the other girls would be seeing a LOT more screen time.

I wouldn't mind seeing blood and death; makes battles more believable.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
  • Didnt they already do this? Oh yeah, Colloseum. The hero, a former villain who steal and travels around on a motorcycle with a redhead in the side car. It had a lot of mature themes and Dakim did beat up Vander on screen.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
  • More of the sexual jokes that seem to have been removed from the Japanese version.

I've still heard a couple from Brock though. One was during a conversation with either May or Dawn iirc, and it was hilarious.

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
  • More of the sexual jokes that seem to have been removed from the Japanese version.

I've still heard a couple from Brock though. One was during a conversation with either May or Dawn iirc, and it was hilarious.

Yeah the anime tends to slip in some hilarious sexual innuendos here and there. xD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    James dressed how he was that banned episode? Ew. That's all it'd be. D:

ShadowWind

Senkei Senbonzakura Kageyoshi
    Years
  • Maybe if it was targeted to teens maybe 15 and up. I imagine it would be like the manga where they actually talk abut death, and the villains are more hardcore.

hmm i would like that maybe make it more adult like other japanese creations like bleach, naruto, and death note it would be great i have always wanted to see jesse and james die i cannot stand them and their "looks like we are blasting off agaaaaaain! WOBUFFET!" i just want to see them die from 20,000 volts instead of flying 200 feet in the air and then falling harmlessly to the ground

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
  • Maybe some mild language. And maybe a little more romance?

Seriously, that would be the best thing that could happen. Keep the battling scene, rules, and effects the same. Just take the show and game how it is now and add some mild language and some romance. That'd be perfect, I agree.

ShadowWind

Senkei Senbonzakura Kageyoshi
    Years
  • Maybe some mild language. And maybe a little more romance?

not a bad idea maybe he says F*** when he loses just make it more adult and i would liek to see may and ash maybe joy and brock and maybe we could edit out the annoying english voices ever notice that the japanese version is always better in everything more violent more adult and the voices are cool not high pitched and annoying like in the english version

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
  • not a bad idea maybe he says F*** when he loses just make it more adult and i would liek to see may and ash maybe joy and brock and maybe we could edit out the annoying english voices ever notice that the japanese version is always better in everything more violent more adult and the voices are cool not high pitched and annoying like in the english version

Who hasn't noticed that the english version sucks Exeggcutes when compared to the Japanese version?

Back