• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

have you been hit by a virus?

Years
  • have you? I have! That's why I was innactive for two weeks... XD

things I lost:
    Chapters 15+ of my fanfiction
    Save state 3 of Fire Emblem 6: Sword of Seals
    Complete save state of Fire Red
    Coldplay live album (in my comp)
    Glitched out my mad seasons file...
    Destroyed 5 of my fanfictions and documents

... and much more... X.x

Years
  • have you got the I love you virus? I didn't know that the virus was actually made in the Philippines (where I come from) ... I need to meet that guy..XD

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    I?ve had a few be emailed to me, but they?ve always been quarantined then deleted. I always keep secure and up to date, so I?ve never lost anything to one. o.o; I?m pretty uptight about security, and seeing your case makes me believe in it more. ._.;

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • ... of course I have? But then I've never lost anything from a virus as I'm so lucky that antivirus blocks them away (go go automatic-do-it-yourself-even-if-you're-stupid-firewall!) Though my cousin who used to live with me did get a virus once and lost his whole computer o.o;

Sayuri no Hoshi

♥ i'm loving angels instead ♥
    Years
  • Oh yes sirree. I had 10 viruses on my computer at one time all at once, lol. O_o The thing is, whenever I get viruses they never attack or do damage to my computer. They just seem to linger...and hang around in the background but enough so that the antivirus program picks it up. My Dad wiped out my entire hard drive twice already due to malfunctions and whatnot on this stupid thing. He claimed he transfered my files onto something but when he tried putting them back, it didn't work. Now I lost all of my files...heh, most of them I never used, anyway. Just pictures I marveled over and my layouts I made. I guess they can all be replaced again. >_<

Wing Zero

&#1575;&#1587;&#1578;&#1575;&#1584; &#1593;&#1606;
    Years
  • man i really kneed a fire wall and virus scan...o_0;...
    my internet use to be soooooo fast and it was a router...now it takes like a couple of minutes to load a page and i get like 10 pop ups a page...is this a virus?
    im gonna reformat my hard-drive when my uncle comes over...

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I got a virus a few years back on the older computer. We sent it in for repairs or something. Luckily, I didn't lose all of my files. ^_^; They were placed in a backup folder on the D drive when I got it back. But I burn my personal folder onto a CD every couple of months to make sure that if anything happens, I don't lose any of my images, fanfictions, websites, etc. =\ I'd be devastated if that were to happen.

PM2008

Fire Gym Owner
    Years
  • I am not sure that I have gotten a virus on my computer, but I suspect that there is one because my computer has been acting very weird lately. :paranoid:

Wing Zero

&#1575;&#1587;&#1578;&#1575;&#1584; &#1593;&#1606;
    Years
  • PM2008 said:
    I am not sure that I have gotten a virus on my computer, but I suspect that there is one because my computer has been acting very weird lately. :paranoid:
    l
    ikewise...what are some symptons i want to compare and contrast.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • Yeah... I did, my last computer totally died because of them and this new one I'm using right now almost died too! ^_^ ._.

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    Yes... On my old computer, there was one virus that caused our "Close", "Shrink", "Minimize" buttons to be replaced by weird symbols. o_o"

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Keyloggers are pretty malicious. They showed a kind of program called a root kit that had some pretty terrifying powers on my tech show a week or so ago. ._.;; It?d be nice to know how all that works though, even if I didn?t write viruses.

Back