• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever came close to death?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Whenever I see people say "ur" instead of "your."

No, I was never close to death. Well, I did have to be rescued by lifeguards twice, but I was only under for like 30 seconds..

Pokehead

Pokedex 50% complete. 246 left
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2010
    I've run out of air in the pool many times. I fell down the stairs and hit the back of my neck, docs said I should've been dead by the way I hit myself. That's about it.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
    Luckily, no. I suppose the closest I've ever come to death was when I was stung by a bee, and I'm allergic, although not fatally so. Awful experience, though. D:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    No. I wish so I could have something to talk about.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    WELL!

I almost drowned once. I was a little prick and too proud to ask for help. I wandered into the deep end of the pool, where the water was twice my height in depth at the time. Eh, I couldn't hear anything; just afterward, my uncle was thanking someone outside of the pool while I caught my breath in the shallows.

Then, there was that time I set my hand on fire at a funeral. It wasn't a lot, and I have no burn marks, but it could have ended... Worse.

And then that time I got an infection in my arm that quickly spread across my body; but I went to the hospital and they stuck me with a tube and I was all better :3

Oh, and in 7th grade I almost died of a fever >_>

red fraction

solitude is your only friend
    Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2009
    I almost got run over by a car when I was little but thats about it.

Cid

Years
    I almost got run over by a car when I was little but thats about it.
    Same here. I was luckily saved by the one I was with at that time. Hooray for that person! \o/

Also, I almost drowned once, and another, I collapsed one morning for an odd (but not serious) reason.
    And the reason is, I was too hungry and lacked much sleep. XD

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
    Me? I've fallen over in middle of the road.....on the way home from school last week I almost got run over by a red land rover so I ran to the path......And I've almost drowned......(stupid lifeguards!)

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I've received my fair share of pain, I don't think I've ever been in a fatal situation though.

Years
    Yep, I have nearly died before :/

I was camping when I was about 13 I think. I had bad hay fever and asthma, well I did then, it isn't that bad now.
    Anyway, people were throwing grass around and I was joining in because I didn't think much off it.
    Got cuts on my hands from thorns and the likes in the grass and my hay fever started to get really bad. Since I had been running around as well, I started to lose my breath and I couldn't breath that well.

I had to sit down and "Take a time out" XD
    It got worse and worse and I got really light headed. Went to the hospital and had to stay there for just over a week.
    The hay fever had set off my asthma and tightened my lungs so much that my body wasn't getting enough oxygen to keep myself aware.

I was told that I only had about 5 minutes of oxygen left in my body before I would have passed out and stopped breathing O_O

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    Two. I almost drowned at a swimming pool when I was about 6.. I thought it looked cool in the deep area >.<
    I nearly got ran over by a car too :O

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    About seven years ago I nearly got knocked down by a car, but obviously I managed to pull off a super cool James Bond sorta stunt in which I ended up jumping onto the car, breaking the windscreen and beating up the driver for information.

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
    When I was about two I tried to touch a duck that was about 15 feet away from me, over-balanced, and fell into a resovoir, hitting my head a few times in the process, then going under.

And a few weeks ago, one of the ends of my barbell got caught in clothes hamper and nearly fell on my throat.

Back