• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever felt like your Pokemon was a 'friend'?

Years
  • Haha, I actually have many times!

Mostly this applies with me and my starters, since I tend to keep my starters with me through the whole game until the end. But it has applied with others also :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    Of course ^_^ Pokemon wouldn't be the same if I didn't.
    I got so attached to my Mightyena back in the day.

In HG I'm quickly becoming attached to my Slowpoke who I've nicknamed "Tubbsy".
    I shall also love Umbreon when I get him :D

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    Yes. I like to think that all of my Pokémon are my friends. I know they don't exist, but wouldn't it be cool...?

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    YEAHHH!! of course.. i still remember that day waay back at early 2005?? i was saving money to buy myself a gameboy (yeah i know lame right??.. i was 8!) and a pokemon game.. i didnt know what game to get so i got the one that looked the coolest lol! so i started my pokemon adventure on that evening and it was a BLAST!! my pokemon that really was my friend was my Blaziken! but thinking about it now i feel bad for my other pokemon since they were all lvl 10?? and i never paid attention to them :D lolz!!!

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    YEAHHH!! of course.. i still remember that day waay back at early 2005?? i was saving money to buy myself a gameboy (yeah i know lame right??.. i was 8!) and a pokemon game.. i didnt know what game to get so i got the one that looked the coolest lol! so i started my pokemon adventure on that evening and it was a BLAST!! my pokemon that really was my friend was my Blaziken! but thinking about it now i feel bad for my other pokemon since they were all lvl 10?? and i never paid attention to them :D lolz!!!
    That totally reminded me of my first Pokémon game. <3 I decided to split the payment for a used GBA SP with my parents (it was like $90 overall or something, not in good condition but still operational - I'm looking at it right now) because I was wandering around Toys R' Us and went "OMG DRAGON!" when I saw FireRed Version's cover. XD I was freaking out about it until I finally got it...

...and then chose Squirtle. XD

jimmefoxx

Beatlemaniac Jimme
    Years
  • oh yeah it does especially lately my victrebell has been my favorite and it snggles up to you when it follows me and stuff like hahaha pokemon is scary

Gero50

闇の下呂
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Sep 10, 2011
    In one of my more recent runs through Pokemon Fire Red I caught a butterfree or have now been with it long enough for it to be one. It is my best pokemon and I used it a lot. Though idk if I can go as far as calling it my real friends but it is an awesome one in the game.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • In Pokemon Silver, I felt that Umbreon was a best friend to me, even though it wasn't the strongest of my team, I still love it anyways. :P

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
  • My Baokki is my best friend in my Pokémon Black Nuzlocke, it replaced my starter after he died.

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2011
    Typlosion in SS has been my best bro. The first pokemon I've had, after my MIA from the games since Yellow.

Years
  • Casey is my only friend.
    She's the only one who will never judge me.
    She's the only one who will return my love.
    I've been proud of her from the moment I met her.
    She is like a daughter to me.
    Not once did I ever think of her as just "game data."
    She's more real to me than any of you.

mochilicious

the first little piggy
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2016
    Yup, back when I played Crystal, I completely adored my Typhlosion xD I tend to love my starters.

Back