• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever found frogs in your backyard?

Gunn

horror resident
Years
  • No? I hear them sometimes, at least I think I do but I can never find them. I don't believe they're really here; they can't survive where I live due to the extreme temperature; too hot for the little guys. The last time I've ever seen a frog was in elementary school and some kid brought them as a Show & Tell thing.

Years
  • I used to get tree frogs or something like that in my yard, all the time.

Hadn't seen them around as much lately, though they could still definitely be heard (especially after it rained)...I think the only time I've seen them recently is if they got stuck in a window or something. :(

Years
  • I'm not too sure about frogs (we don't live near enough to any bodies of water where the ones native to here would live... we're probably 200 feet too far to have frogs regularly in our yard), but we spot toads in our rocks (which wrap around the front of our house and actually reach all the way to our deck on one side of the house) all the time, since the rocks are usually in shady areas, and hold moisture better than the rest of our yard.

Years
  • Nica, you can really make a thread out of anything...

We don't have frogs in our backyard, no. But in a pond on the side of our little road. :3 They're cute. I want to catch them. And keep them.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    No, and thank god. I mean, I don't mind them, but sometimes I just want to throw them against a freakin' WALL! Only because I vowed to never EVER pick up a frog again, since they always end up peeing in my hand. >___>

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
  • I have loads of frogs in my pond. Probably because after the fish died out there we left it to get... natural. I guess the almost swamp like conditions attracted more than normal this year. And the plants and rocks in and around it (Used to be part of a small waterfall leading into the pond) provide good hiding places, and the tree shades one half of it, the other is in the sun. It's pretty damn ideal for them. Means we have to keep the grass short in the summer, otherwise we might step on them and hurt them.

We get really common frogs, like, really typical ones.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Around May, when the rains start, the football field beyond my backyard floods, and that's, well, let's say it's the paradise for frogs. We'll have thousands upon thousands of frogs around the neighborhood after that. XD

Alkaide

••» I hate my homework!
    Years
  • It's the rainy season here, a lot's of frogs are spotted in this season by me.

Actually, I daily see at least 2-3 frogs.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    No. In fact, we even resorted to adding our own into the garden (thanks to a friend of a relative), but they seemed to have gone...

Trainer Matt

PokéFriend!
    Years
  • Back in the days when we actually had a garden, we'd get the occassional one hopping around the back end of it. We used to let my younger sister hose the plants around the edge of the garden and giggle if she screamed when a frog leapt up.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    This is around the time they come out around where I live. It's the monsoon, so yeah..
    I see them when I go to my backyard. They're hideous cute XD

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    I don't have a back yard, I live in a communal building.

That said, I know this is about backyard frogs but last night I found a frog on the cycle path next to the canal. This was an event and a half because the climate is so cool and the ecosystem so uninteresting around here that frogs are a rare sight. I've seen more newts than frogs, and only dead ones.

The frog was really unresponsive until after I picked it up (I couldn't just leave it there, it would've got squished under someone's wheel eventually) and placed it off the path onto the curb of the canal, where cyclists don't ride. It just shuffled a little in my hand and then sat still again. I wonder if it was unwell? Or maybe just cold? Felt oddly dry, are frogs supposed to feel dry? Aren't they supposed to have that mucous layer to help them breathe? Or is that just some amphibians?

I hope it was okay.

Back