• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever had a fight with your parents?

Kirbychuu

Chuuu!
Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2009
    Who hasnt fought with their parents?
    I havent for a couple years. Usually age fixes the problem.
    -Usually-.. D:

Cobalt Lightning

Hyperactive like No Other
    Years
  • I won't elaborate. But mine are divorced for three years now, and I have been in some heated fights with my mom. I had a huge inferiority complex with the rest of the world, and she didn't help. I was depressed in the fall of last year, but I have amazing friends and I'm better now. But I never want to feel like that again. It's not fun... considering my username and avatar and such, you can see how happy I am now, but it wasn't always like that. The thing is, you just have to talk to them. Find out where everybody stands. Then you can act rationally like an adult and solve your problems, and they will respect you for that.

Oh, anyone think my location is amusing? Or even know where it's from?

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
  • Nothing major. I've had minor arguments with my parents, some of which I was at fault, but that's to be expected with any kind of extended human relations, particularly one as complex as the parent/child one.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • I'd like to meet the lucky teenager that hasn't. I wouldn't say me and my parents have a bad relationship, but there are just certain things that we will always disagree on. I'm quite used to my mom screaming nonsense in my ear, so when we argue I never take it too seriously. However, my stubborn dad believes that he can never be proven wrong, so our fights usually last for days (and are usually triggered by something stupid like not saying hi the moment he walks through the door, even though I'm most likely upstairs on my laptop, not coming down unless I need something or if I'm called).

Ayselipera

Not really. We sometimes get into small disagreements, but thats about it. I never had a screaming match if thats what your getting at.

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    Nothing big really. Once in a while we argue...

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • I'd like to meet the lucky teenager that hasn't.
    Never. I have never had a time when I got into a fight with my parents. Because of a few reasons.
    1. Your parents are the ones who brought you into this world and you should always practice Filial Piety. (I'm not chinese BTW)

2. Because God said so. And can be explained in this song. (About your mother)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srILXvwonbc
    Such a beautiful song.

3. Because you will (and I stress this) regret it when they are gone.

4. Another reason is because I was a weird child who didn't talk much and never fought back. (That's what my Mother said anyway)

Of course my Mother has been annoyed with me a few times. But I've never felt any Hostility to either of my parents ever.
    I'm not doing this to boast (sorry for you if you take it that way) but instead to give people who think their parents are a burden something to think about.
    Just thought I'd say this.

Years
  • I've only had one crazy serious fight with my parents and that was about 2 years ago. I don't remember how it all built up, but I was getting tired of the house and the family and my anger was getting to an outrageous point. One night my mother one small comment and I just exploded and we went into a very heated argument. It go so bad that I actually considering leaving for good and never coming back. I had that attitude for the following two months. I wouldn't even go out in public with any of my family because I was just that pissed off.

My grandmother, the wonderful woman she is, actually paid for a counselor for us. We sat with the guy three days and, thankfully, he helped in repairing our relationship.

Frozen King Prawns

Forget Rollout. NOW! Grrr.
    Years
  • Of course. I'm in a huge argument with my dad right now. It's sorta got to the point where I'm blanking him out of my existance and not talking to him at all. I just want him out of this household tbh.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Never. I have never had a time when I got into a fight with my parents. Because of a few reasons.
    1. Your parents are the ones who brought you into this world and you should always practice Filial Piety. (I'm not chinese BTW)

that doesn't mean that they have immediate immunity from being insulted by their child. No one said that honesty would be nice. If you would rather lie and keep your record, than be honest in risk of causing a fight, then that is you.

Annnnnywho, I get in fights with my parents all the time. Not HUGE arguments, but ones good enough to get my parents mad at me. They keep hassling and hassling me about school, even when I told them I'd do my best. I mean no disrespect, but it's like it comes in one ear and out the other.

Kisaragi

Banned
    Years
  • I fight with my mother all the time. Sometimes I think she is pure evil, crawling out from the depths of hell. But that's just silly!

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I'm generally a quiet person. I don't shout at anybody, whether it's a stranger or my mum.
    As I don't raise my voice, other people usually don't raise their voice when talking to me. If my mum does begin to shout, then I'll politely ask her to stop shouting.
    It's the best way to prevent any disagreements getting out of hand.
    We normally just go about our own business without bothering each other these days anyway, which works aswell.

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
  • Yes, generally all the time, and I see friends also do it aswell, so I always assumed that everybody did.

Back