• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever had to say goodbye to a pet?

Years
  • I've had many pets die over the years. Most recently we lost a cat we had for over a decade to cancer which was terrible, she died in my sisters arms. The worst part though is that we were told by one vet that the tumor she had was inoperable but later discovered from another that it actually was, but by then it was too late.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I lost my pet rat (he was my heart rat) he had a tumor on his shoulder and he lived for quite a while with it but with his age and the size of it, it wasn't likely he'd survive surgery. Eventually it was just too much for him, he didn't die peacefully and honestly, I never want to go through a death like that again, I'll spare the details. I had another rat die before but it wasn't as bad. I currently have one last pet rat and I just hope he doesn't go in such a horrible way.

Other than that yeah, I've lost a lot of pets over the years.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Someone (not telling who) accidentally hit one of my puppies while he was driving. There was no blood from what I can see, but he was paralyzed for a few seconds, and then...poof.

I've had lots more experiences where I could/couldn't say goodbye, but I don't wanna talk about those.

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • When I was 15 years old, my 6 month old cat, Anastacia, got mauled by a vicious stray dog. I loved that cat very much, and it was my very first one. I cried for weeks.

Kind of recent, my boyfriend's black cat named Nazz passed away of old age a couple months ago. I met her when I started dating my boyfriend a year and a half ago, and eventually Nazz and I grew close. She was a wonderful and playful cat, and was extremely loyal to my boyfriend since he adopted her back in high school. We miss her lots. <3

Back