• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever played a Pokémon game without spoiling it?

joshspicer

Josh Spicer
    Years
    When I first played Gold I walked in blind and it made everything just so much better. Same for my very first time actually sitting down and playing Red. God the nostalgia is coming back to me...

Ruby I played fairly blind too though I had the strategy guide that helped a bit.

Years
    I still know almost nothing about the Isle of Armor DLC, and am going to try and keep it that way until I get around to playing it. All in all, I've been pretty good at avoiding spoilers for the games aside from things here and there like major Pokemon reveals. That said, probably haven't gone through a game 100% blind since the GBA days.

Years
    I didn't use the internet that much when I was younger, so I was (basically) spoiler free from Diamond, White 2, Y, and Sun. The only time I would use the internet would be to see when a Pokémon would evolve. I don't usually like to spoil myself on the plot of the games. That said, I semi-spoiled myself about UsUm and SwSh (can't afford them) and have a vague idea of what happens in these games.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    I don't think I've ever spoiled the story for myself, but I usually do see all the Pokémon prior to playing. The only game I didn't see all/most of the Pokémon before playing was Ruby, having seen only a small handful of them on Pojo: Kecleon, Azurill, Duskull, the Eon duo (which were believed at the time to be related to Togepi), and a few others.

Last edited:
    Years
    I haven't spoiled any of the main games for myself, I can proudly say. As for mystery dungeon & pokemon ranger, I have by accident. Or I've had people try to spoil it for me

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    i don't think i've ever like. found out the spoilers to the story before the game's release lol if i'm trying to go in blind, it's me trying to ignore all the new pokemon leaks but god it's hardly even leaks anymore when gamefreak reveals everything now. but i started avoiding them in gen V. i've attempted to go in blind to the pokedex ever since then. before then though like i remember trying to eat up every little morsel of new content that showed up on serebii for gen III...remember the ruby/sapphire commercial where they were shouting random new pokemon names like that one guy on the dock with his arms up like KECLEOOONNNNN as if the thing was his long lost lover or smth lmfao man i would like write down the names they were yelling...jeez. and i remember checking serebii everyday when diamond/pearl were close to release so that i could see the new pokemon. but yeah after that, i wanted to lay low...and that's like. i swear. when gamefreak decided oh let's show Everything before the game is out lmfao.

Back