• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever used in-game trade mons on your team?

Years
  • 296MS3.png
    063MS3.png

there are lots of in-game trades available across all the games! have you ever used any?

Years
  • In Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon you can trade a Spearow for a girls Hawlucha named "Cha" and I still use it to this day because I grew quite fond of it over that playthrough. He was on my championship team and now he is level 97 and my false swiper when I need to catch Pokemon. When he hits 100 I am going to use bottle caps, a nature mint, and re-EV train him to either be used competitivly or just as a beastly false swiper. 😃

SawkTheWarrior

SW-7387-7525-9201
    Years
  • actually, in my copy of silver i got the npc's machop and bred it with ditto for a machop with my ot. I never liked the other trainer's mons, and there nicknames are usually dumb and ALL CAPS LOCK.

trainer_nokachi

the trainer who wanders ~
    Years
    • AZ
    • Seen Dec 16, 2020
    When I was younger and couldn't find a sound way to defeat Whitney's Miltank, I found the Machop trade and used it for the whole run.
    Also, in FRLG, the trade for Mr. Mime is one I always found to be viable for a regular playthrough. The same goes w/ the in game trade of Jynx.

Past that point, I really can't remember using any in game traded Pokémon.

Years
  • I used some too. MAKIT the Makuhita was helpful for the Rustboro gym during a starter-less run, and I also trained AEROY the Aerodactyl to a very high level in Crystal! fond memories of that <3

Years
    • Seen today
    I don't ever use them, and it's only because I never like the pre-set nicknames, and it doesn't let you change them.

I wish the in game trades could be an alternative to getting some of the trade evolutions

trainer_nokachi

the trainer who wanders ~
    Years
    • AZ
    • Seen Dec 16, 2020
    I don't ever use them, and it's only because I never like the pre-set nicknames, and it doesn't let you change them.

I wish the in game trades could be an alternative to getting some of the trade evolutions

I totally agree with you there, the nicknames that come with them were never exactly to my tastes. However, I think it's a decent trade off for how quickly they gain XP. As someone who takes the time to grind, that's something I've always loved about in game traded mons.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2021
    I think i used the Machamp you get in yellow in Pokemon stadium. But aside from that, no.

Back