• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever wanted to go and be a real Pokemon Trainer

ShadowofTime01

Pokemon Professor
Years
  • I've just been reflecting on things, and school's kinda hard, I wish I could just be like Ash Ketchem and go off on a pokemon adventure without a care in the world... Anyone else?

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I wouldn't wanna be a trainer, I'd wanna be a Gym Leader with Psychic Types. No trainer though....... Although, it would be boring to just sit around all day waiting for trainers. XD

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2016
    I'd love to, especially if I could make money just by battling.

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
  • I'd want to go out on a pokemon journey so that something interesting would actually happen in my life

Years
  • Every day since I've started university in 2006 >_>

No worries about assignments getting handed in on time, no exams to prepare for, no student loans to apply for and repay. Just doing what you love for your whole entire life!

Though I think they would have to raise the age limit of becoming a trainer to something like 16, 17 or even 18. They would need some kind of education, meaning learning how to read and write. I can imagine all these illiterate Pokemon trainers walking around trying to figure out what everything means in their Pokedex. XD

Or at least they would need to learn certain basic life skills such as cooking, cleaning, washing etc.

Even then, they still need to learn the basics of caring for Pokemon. Look at Ash when he started, he didn't have a damn clue! Still doesn't some of the time XD

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    Yeah, they need to establish a Pokemon liscence or something, for ages 15-18 and up. Can't have all these kids running around with giant Wailords and fire breathing Charizards, their level of maturity would ruin the world!

But back on topic, I would love to be a Pokemon Trainer. Travel the world with friends, don't have to worry about work (although you'll need some source of income to survive), and participate in contests and tournaments. It all seems very glamorous, yesh.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I would love to do that. Much better than going to school. I doubt anyone would go and work instead they would all become trainers. Sure beats working.

I would travel around with friends all over the world. Would be loads of fun. And no rules from parents.

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    I would love to be a traveling trainer and yeah, if that were real they should make an age limit, or even a school where you learn how to be a trainer.

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • Heck yes, that would be awesome. I'd be a water Pokemon trainer!

But...remember in the 10th movie...Ash didn't know what 10x10 was...xDDD

don't have to worry about work (although you'll need some source of income to survive)
    No, it would be cool if everyone was just...given $3,000 when they were born to have when they start their journey (like the game! xD). Then you earn money from winning battles.

Last edited:

Sekushi Sushi*

Roses are red, I love you!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2008
    ive always thought about that. Ive been thinking that ince the first pokemon season! I would be a villan in the pokemon world.! Creating an academy that steals peoples valuable pokemon.

Back