• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Have you gotten used to the controls yet?

cyan.

▲ 愛してる .
Years
  • I sorta got used to it. Sometimes I keep pressing Y to run instead of B. Been playing New Super Mario Bros for quite some time.

What about you?

Chary

Yeah-Hah!
    Years
  • There Ok...I'm almost adjusted...but I don't think I can get used to the PC functions...Ugh!

Years
  • Lol, I'm still getting used to being able to run without pressing B. I've been confused about where to place my right thumb, lmao! It now rests comfortably on the A button, but it took some adjustment. And I still sometimes hit X to open the menu. *facepalm*

iRawr

Poli?
    Years
    • Uk
    • Seen Apr 5, 2010
    Well... Not really xD
    I keep pressing X to open my bag and fail with really sucks ._.'
    And holding down B to run with I can do by pressing the touch screen.

Years
  • I love it. The new controls are so intuitive. I have been playing this game all day since Sunday, like everyone else here lol

rhei1

Casual Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2018
    Has anyone else noticed that this game can be played without A,B,X, or Y?

Oh and yes I have gotten use to the new controls.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Well , it's the mouse and my joystick .

Honestly , for ROMs my sweet love Logitech Dual Action does it . And when I get the game this Saturday , how long will I be pressing X to open the menuu , b to run or Y to use a registered thingy even though it's right on that_damn_screen ! :X

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
  • I love the new controls, and I love the Menus and such, You know you can still press "X" to "Control" the menus with the D pad. I almost never actually use the touch screen.

Shiny Shaymin

I laugh at your misfortune.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 22, 2015
    Not at all. I continue to to press X to open the Menu *headdesk* At least make it an OPTION XD

Um, The X button does open the menu...

I am completely used to the controls, except for the PC box...

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
  • i keep pressing Y for map
    Yeah they kinda made it harder to get to it, Although they made it really nice with the fact you can track roaming legendaries with it, and the fact that you can mark routes, Lable them, And even shows where trainers who want to rebattle you are.

silvanarrow

A figment of your imagination
    Years
  • I quickly got used to never pressing the B button for the Running Shoes, but I'm still getting used to the PC and the fact that I don't have to press X to open the menu.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Funny enough, no, I'm not adjusted, at all. XD; I'm still holding B when I have the lock-run option on. And navigating the PC is like a maze to me, hahaha.

Back