• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you managed to catch a legendary yet?

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2017
    The pokedex reveals it quite nicely :) So you can just post the stats, basically for the legendarys it reveals "Raids participated" and "Number caught". here are mine:

Articuno 12 raids done, 5 caught
    Moltres 2 raids done, 0 caught
    Lugia 8 Raids done, 3 caught

For almost all raids, i miss between 0 and 2 throws, the average being at or below 1 wasted ball per raid. I only throw curveballs, often hitting inside the circle for a great throw + curveball, or smething like that. All with the golden raspberry.

Many of these raids were with the old 2% base catch rate, some with the new 3% base catch rate. So expect around 40% catch rate per raid now, assuming you do not waste many balls on misses, use the right berry, use curveballs, and often hit inside a circle.

I got lucky with my few catches, i have a 96% Articuno and a 93% Lugia and 87% Lugia. Still need Moltres and more Lugia. There will be a lot more legendary raids, i also got so many TMs that i have many left after re-rolling these 3 Legendarys into perfect movesets. Despotar is actually my second priority raid after Lugia. As attackers for raids, Lugia has real value, but Despotar is better than the painted pigeons.

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2017
    I can't believe I missed Articuno. I'm sad now. :(

Those are likely to rotate on a 3-week-cycle now, also, i have a 96 Articuno: My 98 Lapras is strictly better. Same damage, also with double STAB Ice A-Moveset, but the Lapras survives much more.

So Articuno is rather useless, i fear the same is true for Moltres.

Lugia is awesome.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Because of a busy schedule I had, and not able to join a raid battle, I had to miss out on the legendary battles. Hoping to make some time for Zapdos, but I really want Articuno.

Years
    So has anyone heard if they'll be cycling them back and forth? I couldn't manage to snag a Moltres and I'd be real sad if that was my only chance to catch one. I caught two Articuno and a Lugia, but no dice on either of the two Moltres raids. Today alone I've done three Zapdos with no luck, either. :/

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
    I caught an Articuno on my third attempt, I only tried to catch Moltres once but failed and I haven't even tried for Zapdos yet.

Back