• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

He Should have Focused more on that Pokemon!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • Were there any Pokemon you feel that the main characters didn't focus much on? I feel like Brock never really did much with his Pokemon in Sinnoh, imo, I also feel like Ash should have focused more on his Heracross instead of dumping it so early into Johto, but eh. (I even often forget Ash even CAUGHT a Heracross) oh my god.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Palpitoad!

Ash should have spent much more time using and developing that Pokemon with as much trouble as he put in to catching it and all. The way he treated it, one might've guessed it was just one of those Pokemon someone catches because he figured "why not?".

Plus with its very solid typing and awesome battling ability, Ash could've done some pretty serious damage in his battles with it. So much potential...

Years
  • I'm with FireSnow here regarding Palpitoad.

When Ash caught it, I felt it was an unexpected capture and hoped for potential but the poor toad was written so horribly. Not only did he suffer huge absence streaks that only match Kingler's level of absence, but also didn't evolve or learn any new moves. That was why I lost hope in Ash catching more than six Pokemon, because some got badly treated and were easily forgotten.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • There are a good amount of pokemon I feel he could have focused on.

Noibat/Noivern - Even though Noibat could have been considered a new capture, it still suffers from lack of use. I know it evolved and all, but it is really be rejected as Ash's Pokemon. He has focused too much on his others.

Palpitoad - Same as the others, I really wish Palpitoad had evolved. The show is actually what made me like Palpitoad. The way they set it up from Trip trying to capture to it looking from afar at Ash, you would have thought it would have become a powerhouse.

Scraggy - Scraggy was shown a LOT as probably one of Ash's favorite pokemon in Unova, yet it hardly did anything. It helped in a filler episode, but I don't re call it helping in Gym battles or the Pokemon League at all. You would have thought that Scraggy would have evolved with the lack of Evolution in Unova Saga. Even thought I loved him catching so many pokemon, they completely failed in development.

Muk - Although Muk has been shown a good amount of times, it hasn't had any real development. And I am not sure he has even used it anymore after Kanto.

Kinglier - Same as Muk.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2017
    Forever salty that Ash's Palpitoad never saw the light of day outside of battling after he caught it. No other Pokemon received that bad of treatment, as far as I can remember. Though I suppose Tauros, Muk, and Kingler are close seconds, also only being used in battles and whenever he goes to Professor Oak's lab. So I guess that's the treatment Palpitoad has. Again, disappointing.

That said, overall they've done a better job since Kanto lol. Maybe that's why Ash had so many problems beyond his starters and, dare I say, Scraggy in Unova. I say Scraggy because while he didn't evolve or anything he still received better treatment than a few of his others. Scraggy had a lot of moments with Axew too, on top of it.

Back