• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Heart Gold, Soul Silver, Spirit Crystal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pingouin_7

Also, I don't see why you people suddently change opinions!

First, you fight and all over the fact they will remake G/S, and then you list some hints in D/P/Pt that mentions Johto and Oak that says they found a White Rock in Kanto and all.

But then, you say they will remake Crystal, while all the hints that could tell you that say otherwise? No.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    There are people who just want too much, but that isn't for me to point out, except that I doubt there's going to be a Crystal remake. It isn't needed if we have HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
    I agree that with the doubts of a Crystal remake...

Crystal was a remake of Gold/Silver, in a way. It added features and some storyline. I consider this "the one that brings the two games together."

SS and HG are remakes of all three games, I would think. This would likely be because the original games are outdated and hard to get a hold of, alongside the fact that Johto Pokemon are harder to get your hands on in recent games.

As mentioned before, I could only see a Crystal remake in the distant future, whereas now is too early.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Plus for all we know the new HeartGold and SoulSilver can be a Yellow remake in it as well seeing as we have our starters following us, even though it isn't Pikachu.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    I dont think there will be a crystal remake, mainly there was no ocean/aqua blue or electric yellow.

NOA was considering to rename Leaf Green Water Blue because they even copyrighted the name and also because we got Red and Blue the first time around. The pattern of remakes being released was altered because FR/LG was the base for-->Emerald and Platinum is the base for-->HG/SS. Besides, Crystal had alot of things that were ahead of its time, like the Phone trading and the animations plus the first third game that featured a legendary that played a role akin to Lugia/Ho-Oh in G/S.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2022
    There will be no "Spirit Crystal", or anything of the sort, I can assure you. There no Blue or Yellow remake to accompany FR/LG, and Crystal didn't change much from Gold and Silver anyway.

NatureKeeper

I believe somethng like, Umm.. TearCrystal. Too bad.. Platinum was released only like 3-4 months ago and It's losing it's popularity.

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
    I heard some rumours it was going to be called LifeCrystal on another site. :O
    Speaking of rumors...
    When Emerald was released, wasn't there a rumor going around about Pearl being released alongside it? I'm pretty sure I remember Walmart having a salestag saying Emerald/Pearl, but it was taken down soon enough.
    /wtfrandom

Uhm.
    But yeah. With GS being remade, there's going to be a ton of rumors about Crystal floating around the net, too. x]

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I expect tons of rumors to float around the net as well with these games being released this fall in Japan. Plus, even though there might not be a remake for Crystal or Yellow, new hacks on them might be made over it.

Ayselipera

Well I don't think they would make a combination
    of HG/SS since Firered and Leafgreen didn't get
    combined into a modern Yellow version.

Although I like the name you picked for a Crystal
    version. It fits well.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    If they did make a Spirit Crystal, then I wouldn't know what to think except for what difference could they have made from the GSDS remakes and the difference in plot.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    [S-HIGHLIGHT]firered = yellow + red
    leafgreen = yellow + leafgreen[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

heartgold = crystal + gold
    soulsilver = crystal + silver

so, actually, there are remaking crystal INSIDE of heartgold and soulsilver.

that's what I think.

For FR/LG, not really, because they don't have your starter following you, and they are more based on the games (Red and Blue) than the anime, which Yellow followed more closely. And for HG/SS, we don't know how much of Crystal Game Freak is incorporating in them.

Yellow wasn't remade probably because Yellow was a Gameboy Adaptation of the anime, and having that would wreck the story. Crystal however had a new story added on with [S-HIGHLIGHT]Ralph[/S-HIGHLIGHT] and Suicune, the first Female character girls could choose, and the Pokemon animations were ahead of their time. If HG/SS makes enough money ,then a remake of Crystal is possible. But then again, the remakes have been worked on for 3 years so the multiple frame animations could have been implemented.

Besides the anime, who the HECK is Ralph? Do you mean Mysticalman Eusine? Because the only "Ralph" I'm getting on Bulbapedia is from the anime, not from Crystal. :cer_confused:

------
    Highly unlikely that there will be a remake of Pokemon Crystal. And for naming conventions (if such a remake existed), I think it would be MindCrystal, since HeartGold refers to body, and SoulSilver already refers to the soul/spirit. This would reference the common saying, "Mind, Body, and Soul". :)

The only way I can envision a Crystal remake is years down the road, since HG/SS would render one pretty much pointless right now. But if Nintendo pulls off another Gen. II =/= Gen. III trading fiasco on us in a future Generation, the future Gen. games could use a Crystal remake for players to obtain Johto Pokemon. Again. A Pokemon Yellow remake would be justified then, as well. However, version exclusive Pokemon problems would arise; Pokemon unobtainable in Y/C remakes would have to be offered in the other games in the remakes' Gen. Otherwise, Nintendo would just have to remake Red and Blue plus Gold and Silver again. You can only remake a game so many times (unless you're a Pokemon or a Legend of Zelda game :P)...

I still think we won't get Yellow or Crystal remakes, though. As Nintendo has really pushed handheld device innovation with the usage of 2 screens for the DS series, they're are very unlikely to return tothe GameBoy format of one screen. If all of their future DSes will be based on the current DS design, Nintendo can easily slip in a 2nd DS slot on future models so you can transfer past DS Pokemon games' Pokemon to later generations.

Lastly, a Crystal remake is unlikely since Crystal's features (save for Marina/Kris) can easily be added to HG/SS. The Suicune subplot, I think, can still be reserved for Suicune in the remakes, alongside the main GS/HG/SS plot.
    *Yellow is partially included due to starters following you in these games, too. So that partially reduces a chance for a Yellow remake.

I would say that Yellow and Crystal have a 100% chance of NO remakes, but Nintendo can easily surprise us in the feature. Look at HG/SS. :D Plus, the precedent is not always the standard these days... (i.e., Gen. III - remakes (FR/LG) released before 3rd version, Emerald. Gen. IV - remakes are going to be released after 3rd version, Platinum) :cer_nod:

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    The 1st Gen, 2nd Gen, 3rd Gen and 4th Gen games all have a pattern: Two similar games, and then one improvement game (R/B/Y, G/S/C, R/S/E, D/P/Pt). Also, the Mystery Dungeon games are relesed in pairs. Judging by the fact that these handheld games are all released in some kind of pattern, I think that there won't be a Crystal remake because they remade Red and Blue, but didn't remake Yellow, the third game.

Years
    I've seen several people say ''Mind Crystal''. No! Lol. But seriously, I know where you're coming from, but i just don't think it sounds right. I dunno, something like...
    Pokemon Willpower Crystal.
    Totally kidding, but something like.. Actually no, Heart and Soul covers pretty much everything (IMO, Soul also refers to emotional and mental being, whereas Heart refers to physical being.) So, in conclusion, i doubt there'll be a Crystal Remake. But if there is, then i'll get it anyways.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    MindCrystal does seem a little weird...If they were to make a remake of the game, then Spirit Crystal sounds better.

Torn Wings

These wings protect me...
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2009
    I would love a Crystal remake, although it is highly unlikely as they didn't make a Yellow remake...
    If I were to choose a title for it, it would be Spirit Crystal as it matches the others.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back