• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Heart Gold, Soul Silver, Spirit Crystal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TERRA#493

Competitive Battler
    Years
    when we think logical, it will gives NO crystal-remake.

R/L/Y - Remakes are FR and LG but it gives no Remake of Yellow.
    G/S/C - Remakes are HG and SS but it will give no Remake of Crystal.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    i dont think they will make a remake of crystal, it might be lyk how they didnt make a remake 4 yellow

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    A Crystal remake?

For some reason I dont think there will be any since Kris isnt playlable,Fr/Lg didnt have a Y/B remakes with it and Nintendo didnt even said anything about a Crystal remake.

So doubt it.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    So They're in the making of HG/SS. Now allmost every pokemon game has a game which combines both of them together, they combined gold and silver to make crystal, which comes to my conclusion...

What will crystal's remake name be called? I think it might be called spirit crystal.

Leave your thoughts as a reply to this thread

PS: Please feed my Pokemonz in my Signature :D.​

Soul and Spirit is the same thing >>

R/B/G/Y - Remakes are FR and LG but it gives no Remake of Yellow.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Honestly, there isn't much need for a Crystal or Yellow remake right now. Its already been stated that no new remakes were being planned at the moment either. Everything they would want to add in a Crystal Remake, they can simply put into HeartGold and SoulSilver. I mean yes, Crystal does come with a bit of a different plot than what Gold and Silver had in a way, and they probably won't convert much of these remakes to match that of Crystal's original plot, but it doesn't mean somethings that were added in Crystal can't be included in the new HeartGold and SoulSilver. I think having a Crystal remake would be too much anyway and would just keep back time for us to move on into the next generation. Though, I'm hoping they take their time with the next set of generation games, I think HeartGold and SoulSilver would pretty much keep people busy at the time. Plus, Platinum isn't considered an older third party game of Diamond and Platinum as yet. People are still trying to get the game, even here in the states. So, I consider having a Crystal or even Yellow remake isn't at all necessary. Though, I wouldn't be surprised in the [near] future someone will come up with a ROM Hack of a renewed Crystal like some have said. It is pretty possible for that to come to part, but I doubt GameFreak themselves will spend the money to remake Crystal when we can get everything we need in HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Reasons why there's not going to be a third game of the two remakes:
    -It didn't happen in FR/LG.
    -Heart Gold/Soul Silver already include improvements of Crystal
    -There's not that much to add anyway, since improvements are there, and Crystal basically was made to actualize the games.
    -Crystal was a special version, exclusive to the GBC games.

Why it can be made:
    -Story is different, since it focuses on suicune.
    -Form to obtain Ho-oH is different, and more difficult.
    -IN G/S you catch all the three dogs in the wild, in Crystal only Entei and Raikou.
    -The introduce of Crystal can bring back Chris, who was excluded from HG/SS.

exteradude

I'm totally unbiased, but I'll give some information to think about when making your statement:

Gold and Silver had no Female Trainer Option, and Kris was introduced into Crystal.

HeartGold and SoulSilver had the same Male Trainer Option as in G/S[/C], and they created another Female Trainer.

Where did Kris go?

You can assume that this new Female Player is a revamp of Kris.
    Or you can assume that this is a new Female Player, and wonder what happened to Kris.
    Or you can assume anything else you like, as long as it is logical.

I told you, I'm totally unbiased. I'm just giving some simple facts for you all to keep in mind.

~Exteradude

PS: I'm referring to Kris as the female trainer in Crystal.

Shem

Bored...
    Years
    Well, if you haven't noticed, The Main-stream pokemon games have a pattern so far

2 version then a third version for every generation.

Now we've seen one set of remakes, so there's no pattern for those yet, but since there was no yellow remake for FR LG, it's fair to assume there will not be a crystal remake.

exteradude

Patterns can or cannot be broken. Just supposing that Game Freak/Nintendo will keep its pattern on forever is not and cannot be used as an argument. Just because they did not release a remake of the Yellow Version in the past for FireRed/LeafGreen doesn't mean that they will or will not do the same thing with HeartGold/SoulSilver.

For those saying that every two games will have a third, FireRed/LeafGreen proves that wrong, breaking that theory.

For those saying that FireRed/LeafGreen having no third will lead to HeartGold/SoulSilver having no third is still not true evidence.

Patterns, when used in solid evidence, must be used as a reference to something happening over a long, unchangeable period of time. By unchangeable, that means no force can change it. For example, no matter what, Gravity will still exist on this planet. What comes up must come down.

When patterns involving possible human intervention are used as an argument, that argument is false. Unless there is a gigantic force or situation that would lead Game Freak/Nintendo to be ultimately forced to keep the same remake pattern as other games in the past, Nintendo MAY or MAY NOT break the remake pattern, and MAY or MAY NOT release a third remake game.

Using patterns to predict the future depends on the situation. This is not a situation to use patterns as a reference.

Shem

Bored...
    Years
    Using patterns to predict the future depends on the situation. This is not a situation to use patterns as a reference.

I concur, there haven't been enough remakes to establish a pattern, let alone that game freak can do whatever it wants and doesn't have to make/follow a pattern if it doesn't want to.

But still, I seriously doubt it we will see a Crystal remake.

exteradude

I concur, there haven't been enough remakes to establish a pattern, let alone that game freak can do whatever it wants and doesn't have to make/follow a pattern if it doesn't want to.

But still, I seriously doubt it we will see a Crystal remake.

That is also a good solid response that can add to mine. You win 1 Internetz. As for your opinion, I'm remaining completely unbiased in situations such as this.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Yee, no crystal remake me thinks. There was no yellow remake, as cool as that would be, so don't expect a Crystal.

For names? Spirit Crystal was pretty cool.

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
    I really doubt there will be a Crystal remake, as much as I would like it, there isnt any need, they didnt remake Yellow, they incoperated features from it into newer games, such as HG/SS, and, they will likley inclue features from Crystal in these remakes.

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
    Not a chance for a remake of Crystal because:
    1. No remake of Yellow, why would they remake Crystal?
    2. FR/LG had elements of Yellow incorporated, HG/SS will likely be the same.
    3. There is very little difference between G/S/C. The only major difference is the subplot with the guy(forgot his name)trying to track down Suicune, which, again, will probably end up in HG/SS.

Last edited:

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    As others have said, the little Crystal extras can just be incorporated into HgSs without really changing much. Plus at this point, the games were already made without a "need" for them (more Pokemon unobtainable or something), so I don't think Nintendo would push their luck in trying for another game without a need for it. It's still possible... just not likely.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Crystal will more than likely not get remade. Yellow didn't, so I don't expect Yellow to be getting on.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I highly doubt Crystal will be remade. Crystal introduced the Battle Tower and Gender feature, which both Heart Gold and Soul Silver will have. So, I doubt they're going to remake Crystal version. After all, they never remade Yellow version.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Besides the point of not remaking Yellow back when FireRed and LeafGreen were created, Crystal remake might not be as popular as HeartGold and SoulSilver I would think. I mean for one, everything you had in Crystal [or almost everything] could possibly be mentioned or included in HeartGold and SoulSilver as others have stated. It isn't like Suicune won't be available even if the plot doesn't revolve around it. Also, with Kanto being introduced with a semi-Battle Tower in FireRed and LeafGreen and this taking place three years before Johto, I would expect to see one again. It is already been seen with a new girl that has been added like what Crystal first introduced, and even though it may not be Kris herself, they still gave it a shot for something new. The starter following you, a great feature from Yellow brought back into a [hopefully] a great remake. The game is basically differenciated from others as it included not only a few character designs from previous game characters, but game features too. All old and new, these remakes are serving a good purpose, and even without a Crystal Remake coming [maybe, maybe not] we should still be pretty satisfied with what we're getting now.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    I don't think Spirit Crystal.Why?Cause Soul & Spirit have the same meaning.

Basically,i don't think there will be a crystal remake.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back