• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold & SoulSilver Question and Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke R

Member #1950
Years
  • Hey, everyone!

Could someone tell me what Kotone wants me to do after I receive the Master Ball from Elm. I want to go to the Johto Falls and all but she stops me. Does it have something to do with suicune? Cause I haven't caught it yet.

Thank you.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Hey, everyone!

Could someone tell me what Kotone wants me to do after I receive the Master Ball from Elm. I want to go to the Johto Falls and all but she stops me. Does it have something to do with suicune? Cause I haven't caught it yet.
    Go to Ecruteak, beat Kimono Girls and then catch Lugia or Ho-Oh depending or your version ;)
    Btw Suicune is obtainable in Kanto ;) Not earlier

Yeah, well for some reason I can never find information that I need on serebii even though other people can =/
    Ya can find it directly on the main page ;)

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    Does anyone know where steven is to get the hoenn starters???

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Does anyone know where steven is to get the hoenn starters???

After defeating Red in the game, then you must visit the Silph Co. in Saffron City. Here you will find Steven and he will compliment you on your success as a trainer. Not too long after, he will offer you a choice of one of the Hoenn Starters and the choice is yours from there.

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024

16 badges beat red go to silph.

After defeating Red in the game, then you must visit the Silph Co. in Saffron City. Here you will find Steven and he will compliment you on your success as a trainer. Not too long after, he will offer you a choice of one of the Hoenn Starters and the choice is yours from there.

thanks guys i did everything else a few days ago so i just need to find steven now ill go do it now thanks again

and do you know where he is for beldum???

Last edited:
    Years
  • So it's a requirement to catch Lugia/Ho-oh before you go to the Elite 4? That's strange, but I was planning on doing it anyway...

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • So it's a requirement to catch Lugia/Ho-oh before you go to the Elite 4? That's strange, but I was planning on doing it anyway...
    Yup, one of the differences between this game and the originals. You actually have to catch Lugia/Ho-Oh to move on the the elite four.

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2011
    Anybody know what the system that appears when speaking to your mother is? You can first use whatever the thing is as soon as you get the phone call from her the first time. It doesn't seem very relative to the plot, but it looks... interesting, and I've been obsessed with figuring out what it could possibly be.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • Can any one help me out? ^^
    I've beaten the 8th gym, gotten the masterball, beaten the kimono girls and then there was an earthquake or something afterwards and now I have no idea where to go :S
    Oh nevermind I should really read the previous posts before posting as it has already been answered >_<
    Have you been to the Team Rocket hideout?

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    Can any one help me out? ^^
    I've beaten the 8th gym, gotten the masterball, beaten the kimono girls and then there was an earthquake or something afterwards and now I have no idea where to go :S
    Oh nevermind I should really read the previous posts before posting as it has already been answered >_<

catch or defeat ho-oh/lugia depending on which game your playing then go to kanto by crossing the river to the right of newbark town

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    So I'm in the Ilex Forest, with the Farfetch'd.. there's two of them, and I managed to corner the second one, but the first one I'm still stuck on.. o_O I don't see any place to catch it at, because it always finds a way out. D: There's four corners to trap it in, but eh.. can't figure it out.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • So I'm in the Ilex Forest, with the Farfetch'd.. there's two of them, and I managed to corner the second one, but the first one I'm still stuck on.. o_O I don't see any place to catch it at, because it always finds a way out. D: There's four corners to trap it in, but eh.. can't figure it out.

From memory, I had it in the bottom left corner, and had it looking right by stepping on the branch in front of it. Then I went around and approached it from above with it still looking to the right, and caught it.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I've done that a few times, and it just runs into the left corner.. Dx;

Oh well.. lemme give it another go.. maybe it's glitched or something.

Edit: yeah.. didn't work. >>; I'll keep at it..

Last edited:
    Years
  • Try to approach it from the back directly. It was in a position where you could do that from the start, I think, so I didn't even have to speak to it more than twice. The second one was more troubling.

Get it to the bottom left corner, step on branches so that it looks down, and then run around the corners and get it from the back.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Yeah, I found it weird that the first one was harder for me.. o_O even so, I got it a little while ago finally. xD Thanks for the tips though, guys.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back