• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Um. Hey everyone! I can't believe they're actually making a remake!!!!!!!!!! lol, sorry about that. So does anyone know when the release date is? Also I think my return key is not working, so the format for this will be weird.
    Yeah...the format is odd and hard to read. Get to fixing that return (enter) key already. =P

No release dates for sure yet - Japan is getting it in their Fall, but that's all that's known so far. Guesses are that Japan could get it in September or later this year, while everywhere else gets it at varying dates, late this ear or early next year.
    So, my ideas: -I think they should include contests. I mean, after all if you don't like them you don't actually HAVE to do them! Just ignore it.
    Eh, I'm not a fan of contests, but that's just me. Where would they put the contest though, if they were in? Also if they are lazy, then like FR/LG we won't see contests...
    -They should incude Kanto! I never played original GSC (didn't have the necessary console) but it sounds really good to go to 2 regions in 1 game. Although I also heard Kanto was way shrunk down in theoriginal so maybe they should expand the new one.
    Kanto is nearly a given to be in again, really. It had been shruken down in the original game due to memory constraints, but this does not appear to be a problem this time around, so again, unless they're realy lazy, it shouldn't be downsized.
    -I also hope there will be a girl character along with a Boy's...
    There should be. Heck, Crystal was the first main Pokemon game to have a girl player.
    -And lastly, I believe they should include the Hoenn and Sinnoh Pokemon, but only after you got the National Dex, which you get either after you beat the E4 or maybe if you like have seen all Johto Pokes or something. -Well that's all, Bai!
    Agreed here as well - until beating the Elite Four, I reckon they should stick to 1st and 2nd gen Pokemon (although I won't mind TOO much if the 4th gen evolutions of 2nd gen are allowed as well... =/ But they're more likely to disable such evolution, as they had in FR/LG).

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Take this with a pinch of salt. People on noegaf have stated that this info might be in Corocoro.

-Release date 11th Sept
    Excellent hope its true.
    -Preorders start on July 20th, same date as new movie, speculative preorder movie cross promotion
    Well it would make sense no?
    -From the Johto map, Kanto is hinted at
    Good we need it badly.
    -Wifi Features Expanded
    Wifi underground anyone?
    -Skateboard
    Finally

The skateboard and enhanced wifi capabilities are the only reason I want this real.

Second Coming of Jebus

pies be with you
    Years
    Take this with a pinch of salt. People on noegaf have stated that this info might be in Corocoro.

-Release date 11th Sept
    Excellent hope its true.
    -Preorders start on July 20th, same date as new movie, speculative preorder movie cross promotion
    Good we need it badly.
    -Wifi Features Expanded
    Wifi underground anyone?
    -Skateboard

Finally

The skateboard and enhanced wifi capabilities are the only reason I want this real.

OH EM GEE, I'm definately importing one from Japan if those two are true XD

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I guess the Wifi underground. But seriously though what could be Wifi enhancements? Maybe no could it be. Instead of a wifi underground like I guessed no could it be..bug contests?! I hope so dammit. Either way I wanna see what the enhancements are.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    True but take this with a pinch of salt. If it comes true I would love if the skateboard is added to your character sprite in between your character and bag.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    but i mean yeah they wouldnt do that but johto is the only region without fossils so you never know they could but its not likely

bobandbill

one more time
    Years

-Release date 11th Sept
    Excellent hope its true.
    Good we need it badly.
    -Wifi Features Expanded
    Wifi underground anyone?
    -Skateboard
    Finally

Yay for brand new suspicious info from random sources that aren't official! =D

This seems iffy, mainly as the Release date thing kinda contrats with the fact that they bother a few days ago to keep it to 'Fall'. In fact, it's not that often exact release dates come for the games around the time they are announced, particularly with Pokemon games, it seems. Same dealy with the pre-order date. Not that it can't happen, but it's not exactly likely, to say the least.

Skateboard is another one - I do recall something about GSC planing to have a skateboard early in development but it got scrapped. Personally I prefer the bicycle though - it's something that's not only been in GSC, but all of the main handheld games as well - not sure that'll change so readily.

Akira Uchiha

Akatsuki Shinobi! ^^
    Years
    Um... sorry, but that info seems odd... shouldn't the exact release date be announced a little later or something? I mean if the game is still unfinished... ^^ Also... I kind of prefer the bicycle to a skateboard. Only, I wish they would make it a different color besides red (I. Don't. like. red.), although that will most likely not happen, cause its been red in all the other games XD.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Well their is a possibilty that the release date is a bit Wonky. I mean technically the day that a main game such as this comes out is Thursday. 9/11 is on a Friday. Is it possible they meant 9/10 instead? I hope so.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    And yes, there's another thread, but meh, I made edits anyway, and posts on it for speculation purposes!

First was an initial scan that revealed nothing...
    Spoiler:

EDIT: AND more here on serebii: https://serebii.net/index2.shtml

Ok then, info time! And the 6 scan pics!

New female trainer compared to Crystal's one, it appears. Different hair, and face it seems, going by memory? Unless it is an additional rival, of course. Apparently, according to the japanese, she will (or the male trainer if you choose her) serve a support role in the game, kinda like Dawn/Lucas in D/P/Pt, it seems. Next to here are screenshots - of a bottom screen which looks like a somewhat-Poketch-style Pokegear.
    Spoiler:

This one is of the male trainer. Note screenshot of Azalea town (and Kurt's house), a 'choose the starter poke!' screen from the looks of it, and another, new-looking screen (1st-person view of Sprout Tower):
    Spoiler:
    this one has artwork of various Johto Pokemon.
    Spoiler:
    - more johto pokes! Also screenshot of what looks like Slowpoke's well, and a Team Rocket guy there in the corner.
    Spoiler:
    This one is of Ho Oh and NEP Pichu event:
    Spoiler:

And this one is of Lugia and logos again.
    Spoiler:

More - NE Pichu an event as well:
    It also appears there is an event in the game that utilises the Pikachu Coloured Pichu, that you obtain by pre-ordering your ticket from the 12th movie, within the game at Ilex Forest, featuring the Notched Ear Pichu as well. We'll bring more as it comes so be sure to come back
    Pic of the trainer with a Pichu and a Notch-eared Pichu in Ilex forest from Coror Coro also on serebii atm.

AND apparently, more pics of the start following you in other towns! Beyond Cherrygrove? The 'it only follows you until you deliver the egg to Elm' theory may be shot in the foot now... Considering by other pics with a Pichu standing next to you (for the NEP event) - maybe other pokes can follow you too?

Other various stuff - Kurt's house can be seen in a Coro Coro pic. Hmm... but do Apricorn trees return? Unknown for now, it seems. In this pic here: https://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/slowkingsley/DVC00016.jpg - in the bottom-right-hand-corner there is a screenshot of what appears to be the trainer by slowpoke well. There's a person behind him that looks like a Team Rocket person to me... slowpoke tails plot seems to be in again, possibly.

Person you don't choose as the player is supposedly to be given a support-role in the game, like Dawn/Lucas in D/P/Pt. IMO not the greatest choice... never liked them too much, but that's me. And lack of Crystal female trainer as well. One wonders if other features from crystal will get in...methinks they will, but some stand a chance of being scrapped.

Last edited:
    Back