• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    well maybe the first pokemon on your team is the pokemon that follows you because there was a pichu that was out and thats not a starter

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    well maybe the first pokemon on your team is the pokemon that follows you because there was a pichu that was out and thats not a starter
    That might be it, methinks - either that or it's out for that event. =/ Seems the new front-runner though. Not sure if every Pokemon would follow you though, but again, we'll see. (Wailord would be amusing XD). Not also it appears all of the starters can be seen now, but only in their 1st forms so far.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Things to speculate:
    -The poke-gear. Now with a camera?
    -The Poke-gear interface. Better then thought?(look to new girl picture.)I think when true hi resolution scans come we will be able to tell better.
    - Are the FPV's 3D?
    - Map changes like the well being on a lower level. How many are there?
    - Kanto. will it look so cool?
    - The Pichu quest. Will it be very small or big?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    - The new scans have told a lot more than I suspected.
    - The Girl, I have no problem with.
    - As for the Pokgear, now that looks cooler than before, and I'm pretty hyped to see what the new features will be after more news is told.

I heard the release date in on Sept. 11th as well, which isn't too bad.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    idk but you have a lot of questions that cant be answered yet. they have to put kanto in there then its not a gold/silver remake that was like the big thing in the orginal that you could go back and get 16 badges. i hope that they dont put alot of the new pokemon in the wild until after you get the national pokedex. cause we've seen the news ones a lot now and i just want to see the old ones thats arent shown in here for the first pokedex

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Well the forest has changed THATS for sure.

HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

And also..
    No headbutt trees! Damn.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    - Map changes like the well being on a lower level. How many are there?
    - The Pichu quest. Will it be very small or big?

While no one except the game developers themselves can get the answer to your first question right, I'm guessing there's going to be a couple of changes here and there. Maybe a new trainer on an old route, maybe some trees being repositioned, perhaps there will be some grass added to what was once a plain meadow. Can't say anything for definite as (in theory) you could switch any little detail around and it'd still seem the same.

I'm assuming it'll be very small and very unnecessary. But due to the GTS and the Pichu being coloured slightly differently, the popularity of it will be immense. There won't really be a problem getting the Pichu. As soon as it hits the GTS, someone's going to clone it a hell of a lot, a couple of people will trade for it and history will continue to repeat itself.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Clonging the Pichu, will it be possible to do if it gets that special ribbon like some others do?

I'm interested to hear more about the Skateboard idea, some say it won't work out, bu tI think it'll be pretty cool to gain more information about it. I can imagine Gold riding it now xD ...

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Tch, I'm not too fond of the skateboard idea. It sounds retro, I'll admit, but it doesn't really feel right. I can understand speeding through cities and towns on a bike, but a skateboard? Maybe the protagonist is really Tony Hawks in disguise!

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Ha Ha...it is suspected that the skateboard might only be used for some side events of the sort. It would be cool to be given both the board and the bike...

I do speculate though if they'll allow us to run through the rooms and such like in Platinum. I hope they keep that in for the remake.
    Seeing the new PokeGear, it just adds onto the new features of the game as well.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    If you cannot see the path next to the shrine leading up is much closer then the original. I also wonder if a certain farfetch'd thing will be in...

The Farfetch'd thing had better be in it. That was the third funnest thing in the old games (beaten by hunting down Legendaries and beating Red).

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Ha Ha, I actualyl remember the Farfetch'd mission in the forest. That kept me at it, especially since I was a lot younger, it's so priceless to keep it in, and it keeps the game closer to the original as well.

Akira Uchiha

Akatsuki Shinobi! ^^
    Years
    hm...*sigh* I don't like how the girl char looked..and I hope hope hope it doesn't use dsi features. I can't buy a dsi... edit- what farfetched thing?? I never played the original, but...

Last edited:

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    hm...*sigh* I don't like how the girl char looked..and I hope hope hope it doesn't use dsi features. I can't buy a dsi...

There's already speculation that the camera feature might be added into the game, still not 100% confirmed though.

Back